WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Ranger Phil's Garden Grab Bag

Step into Ranger Phil's garden! He's got all kinds of tools and gadgets to turn your green thumb greener and help you bring forth the bounty of the soil. Ranger Phil's garden: where everything's on the "grow"! (Don't go into Ranger Phil's garden hut, though. That's where he does his "special" gardening, and the less you know, the less you can spill to the cops.)

SerialBeggar


quality posts: 4 Private Messages SerialBeggar

I subscribed to Ranger Rick's magazine for many years when I was a kid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranger_Rick

bloodgain


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bloodgain

Can we get some clarification on what's in the box with the Worx WG912.51 2-Piece 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit?

How many batteries? What extras (charger, extra line spools, what are those other things -- wall racks?)? Is this a single- or dual-line trimmer?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bloodgain wrote:Can we get some clarification on what's in the box with the Worx WG912.51 2-Piece 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit?

How many batteries? What extras (charger, extra line spools, what are those other things -- wall racks?)? Is this a single- or dual-line trimmer?


Good question. We've updated the specs to list the stuff you get:

In the Box:

(1) Worx WG151 String Trimmer and Edger
(1) Worx WG540 Blower and Sweeper
(2) 18-Volt Lithium-Ion battery for long life
(1) 30 minute quick charger
(2) Extra trimmer line spools
(2) Wall mounts for easy storage


And this is a single-line feed trimmer.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

johngeiger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages johngeiger

Personal review on the "Fiskars 86176946K Platinum Series PowerGear Super Pruner/Lopper, 15-inches" is that they do a decent job until they break. In one month of working on a blueberry farm we had broken the plastic part of the cutting head on three different pruners. You'd be better off buying full metal pruners so you can actually cut through anything the head fits around without worry.

lwang


quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

How can the Worx WG165 have 24 volt 1.5 Ah battery, but last only 20 minutes. Yesterday's Greenworks 21072 Gen1 is 20 volts 2.6 Ah lasts 45 minutes (and is cheaper too).

gewoodworth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gewoodworth

Ken Jennings wants to know: "Where are the hoes?"

fjp999


quality posts: 15 Private Messages fjp999

Any personal experience with either electric corded weed whackers?

Just got another B&D corded replacement around the same price but if either of these are decent wouldn't mind having another in the garage for a back up.

kimbee4


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kimbee4
lwang wrote:How can the Worx WG165 have 24 volt 1.5 Ah battery, but last only 20 minutes. Yesterday's Greenworks 21072 Gen1 is 20 volts 2.6 Ah lasts 45 minutes (and is cheaper too).



2.6 Ampere Hours is almost twice as much as 1.5 Ampere Hours.
If the Greenworks motor is also smaller, or more efficient, it would make sense that the 2.6ah/20v battery lasts longer than the 1.5ah/24v,
even with the difference in voltage.

& it could be they use different criteria to come up with their run times (full, partial, or no load)

chambers126


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chambers126
fjp999 wrote:Any personal experience with either electric corded weed whackers?

Just got another B&D corded replacement around the same price but if either of these are decent wouldn't mind having another in the garage for a back up.



I own the 82-90G ... at least I did before I returned it. Reviews at Amazon are not good either ... http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Groomer-82-90GG-Whacker-Electric/dp/B00BCXLCYM/ref=sr_1_4

fjp999


quality posts: 15 Private Messages fjp999
chambers126 wrote:I own the 82-90G ... at least I did before I returned it. Reviews at Amazon are not good either ... http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Groomer-82-90GG-Whacker-Electric/dp/B00BCXLCYM/ref=sr_1_4



Thanks for that. I did eventually find the review and noticed there is no replacement available for the spool!?!?!

The other one didnt get a very good review either - one review on Amazon - also it has a user Non-replaceable piece that keeps breaking and for two years the company sends you that piece!