WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Gaming Accessories

We're as surprised as you are. We're selling gaming accessories, and they're not just Razer products! Of course, we are selling SOME Razer accessories. We love that stuff. But we're also throwing some other types in the mix to give you a little taste of something different. We know it's crazy, but we're hoping it's so crazy that it just might work.

imakrnboy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages imakrnboy

This is regarding the Razer Blackshark Expert Gaming Headset incase anyone is on the fence about getting it. I got it last time it was here on woot about 2 weeks ago, been using it everyday for a week, 1-2 hour sessions. Comfort wise, it's really amazing. The ear cushions completely cover my ear. I measured my ears just for reference since I'm sure it'll help and they are about 75mm from top to bottom of ear lobe. The biggest thing I was worried about was the cushions not covering my ears because the last headset I got was smaller and when I had it on, it rested on the top portion of my ear and it made gaming / movies very uncomfortable after 30min from the pressure of the headset. The ability to lock the headset is perfect, I have it set so it sits on my head a bit snug so it doesn't move around from raging during gaming, haha. Anyhow, to wrap up the review, it's very comfortable, I could wear it for hours, the mic is also sensitive enough for skype and yelling through gunfire during games. Some people complained that the part where the mic felt "weak", but I've been using it and it doesn't seem like that to me at all. I put on my headset, set the mic, every once in a while I move it up to get a drink, then move it back. It has never fell off the headset or anything like that, it stays in place the whole time till I take it off. I usually don't write such a long review, but I loved this so much I just had to put it up for other people.

fortknox


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fortknox

I bought the Razer Naga Epic the last time it was on sale here, and I must say that it is impressive. Razer did an excellent job ensuring that it looks brand new. Mine had zero scratches. It doesn't come in the original box, but it came with all the accessories. The interchangeable side pieces were a major selling point for me. If you're not sure about how the mouse will feel, trust me when I say there's a size for everyone. The side button grid has been nice to have as well.
Perhaps most important, though, is that I use the mouse for as much as 5 hours in a day and have never had the battery die on me. The LED lighting doesn't seem to have any noticeable drain on the battery life, and it's nice to be able to pick a color. I really do recommend this mouse, and actually have a friend that will be buying one now.

ssskelton


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ssskelton
fortknox wrote:I bought the Razer Naga Epic the last time it was on sale here, and I must say that it is impressive. Razer did an excellent job ensuring that it looks brand new. Mine had zero scratches. It doesn't come in the original box, but it came with all the accessories. The interchangeable side pieces were a major selling point for me. If you're not sure about how the mouse will feel, trust me when I say there's a size for everyone. The side button grid has been nice to have as well.
Perhaps most important, though, is that I use the mouse for as much as 5 hours in a day and have never had the battery die on me. The LED lighting doesn't seem to have any noticeable drain on the battery life, and it's nice to be able to pick a color. I really do recommend this mouse, and actually have a friend that will be buying one now.



I've had the opportunity to use a number of Razer products from headphones to the Mako speakers (I loved them) to several different mice. Everything had reasonably good lifespans and product quality. I'm actually still toting around a Razer Diamondback that's more than 7 years old. I just throw it in with my laptop.

All that said, on Newegg the Naga Epic's had a rash of bad reviews for part failures. Worth considering:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153065

testudoaubreii


quality posts: 13 Private Messages testudoaubreii

I wear glasses, and the headset I have now is uncomfortable because it hits the arms. Since I got it when I was wearing contacts, it wasn't a big issue, but now that I'm back with glasses it means that even if I wanted to use the headphones part it'd be a headache waiting to happen.

How bad would the Razer Carcharias be (or, for that matter, any of the PC-compatible wired ones)?

nosty


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nosty
testudoaubreii wrote:I wear glasses, and the headset I have now is uncomfortable because it hits the arms. Since I got it when I was wearing contacts, it wasn't a big issue, but now that I'm back with glasses it means that even if I wanted to use the headphones part it'd be a headache waiting to happen.

How bad would the Razer Carcharias be (or, for that matter, any of the PC-compatible wired ones)?



I'm in the same boat with glasses. The only one I've found that doesn't bother me until I've been gaming for quite some time (several hours) is the Sony Pulse headset for the PS3 (which works on the PC too).

What I typically do in this situation is go to amazon reviews and type "glasses" in the review search window. The URL for said search for the Razer Blackshark headset: http://www.amazon.com/gp/community-content-search/results/ref=cm_srch_q_rtr/?query=glasses&search-alias=community-reviews&Go.x=-1814&Go.y=-359&idx.asin=B009SJR2B4

So you've got 2 reviews that both come from folks that wear glasses, and they're somewhat favorable to the comfort level.

You may already be doing this, and just be looking for some perspective from other actual wooters, but I figured I'd throw this out there for anyone it might help.

I'm in the market for a wired PC headset as it's annoying to have to charge the pulse headset, and this way I don't have to take it to and fro the PS3. I'm going to pull the trigger on the BlackSharks I think.

Cheers!

Raines8416


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raines8416

Does anyone know for sure what switches are in the "Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Expert"? I'm pretty sure they are Cherry Blue, but confirmation would be great.

imphasing


quality posts: 0 Private Messages imphasing

Staff

Raines8416 wrote:Does anyone know for sure what switches are in the "Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Expert"? I'm pretty sure they are Cherry Blue, but confirmation would be great.



I looked into this one a bit since I'm in the market for a new keyboard. The stuff I've read online indicates that these use cherry blues, but I can't find any official information on that.

specialbuddy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages specialbuddy

I bought one of the SteelSeries mice last time they had them and was disappointed to find out that it wasn't the same size as my Sensei. These are about the size of a laptop mouse. I probably wouldn't have bought one had I known that.

omega31


quality posts: 6 Private Messages omega31
testudoaubreii wrote:I wear glasses, and the headset I have now is uncomfortable because it hits the arms. Since I got it when I was wearing contacts, it wasn't a big issue, but now that I'm back with glasses it means that even if I wanted to use the headphones part it'd be a headache waiting to happen.

How bad would the Razer Carcharias be (or, for that matter, any of the PC-compatible wired ones)?



I wear glasses, and the Razer Carcharias is comfortable for me.

chezteladog


quality posts: 4 Private Messages chezteladog

Anyone with experience with these steelseries mice? I'm in the market for a mouse.

tc1uscg


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tc1uscg

Turtle Beach TBS-2044-01 Ear Force XLC -- These must be really crap. Found'em on another site for 5.99 but 7.99 shipping (go figure). Not a very sturdy set of phones and seeing that lots of turtles are returned for defects, don't understand how you can break these things just sitting on the couch playing a video game. IMO.. turtle beach phones are a POS.

TC1 USCG Ret

nleksan


quality posts: 2 Private Messages nleksan

The Black Widow's use Cherry MX Blues, but they're modified to have a different actuation force and travel length when compared to "real" MX Blues (a la CM Rapid/Stealth/TKL/XT, Filco's Ducky's, WASD v1 and v2, etc).

If looking for a mechanical keyboard on a budget, I HIGHLY recommend the Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid, the Quick Fire XT, or the Quick Fire Stealth (I prefer them in the opposite order I posted, but with Green or Brown switches).
The Rosewill RK9000/RK9100 CAN be excellent keyboards, but some are made by Costar (good!) and others by a "newcomer" to the mech-board game (not good!).
*Das Keyboards is having the same issue, huge decline in quality since they switched OEM

The next step up puts you at around $120-150 and, quite frankly, Ducky rules the roost (get it?) here. The Zero, Shine, Shine II, Shine III, and all the special editions means that there is literally something for everyone! I love them, they have an insanely high build quality, and it will quite likely be the last keyboard you ever need buy.
Filco are popular, as are Matias, and use the Topre RealForce switches; a different type of mechanical switch from the Cherry MX. They are nice, but which you prefer is up to you.

Hope that helps!

chezteladog


quality posts: 4 Private Messages chezteladog
nleksan wrote:The Black Widow's use Cherry MX Blues, but they're modified to have a different actuation force and travel length when compared to "real" MX Blues (a la CM Rapid/Stealth/TKL/XT, Filco's Ducky's, WASD v1 and v2, etc).

If looking for a mechanical keyboard on a budget, I HIGHLY recommend the Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid, the Quick Fire XT, or the Quick Fire Stealth (I prefer them in the opposite order I posted, but with Green or Brown switches).
The Rosewill RK9000/RK9100 CAN be excellent keyboards, but some are made by Costar (good!) and others by a "newcomer" to the mech-board game (not good!).
*Das Keyboards is having the same issue, huge decline in quality since they switched OEM

The next step up puts you at around $120-150 and, quite frankly, Ducky rules the roost (get it?) here. The Zero, Shine, Shine II, Shine III, and all the special editions means that there is literally something for everyone! I love them, they have an insanely high build quality, and it will quite likely be the last keyboard you ever need buy.
Filco are popular, as are Matias, and use the Topre RealForce switches; a different type of mechanical switch from the Cherry MX. They are nice, but which you prefer is up to you.

Hope that helps!



No love for the CM TK or the Trigger? You don't like backlighting?

wilcononomous


quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous
chezteladog wrote:Anyone with experience with these steelseries mice? I'm in the market for a mouse.



I picked up the Red Kinzu v2 Pro Edition last wootoff. So far I like it & have no complaints.

fotodude


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fotodude

well I ordered the Razer Tiamat Expert 2.2 Stereo Analog Gaming Headset and much to my surprise I received the Razer RZ04-00470100-REFB Chimaera Wireless Gaming Headset for XBOX 360. The sound and comfort on the Chimaera's are great. Buuuut after using them for about an hour, the batteries seem to die.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

fotodude wrote:well I ordered the Razer Tiamat Expert 2.2 Stereo Analog Gaming Headset and much to my surprise I received the Razer RZ04-00470100-REFB Chimaera Wireless Gaming Headset for XBOX 360. The sound and comfort on the Chimaera's are great. Buuuut after using them for about an hour, the batteries seem to die.

Sorry about the wrong item. Pls email support@woot.com for some assistance.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders