quality posts: 2761 Private Messages lichme

Item: Kelty Kite 25 Woot! (or Not) Backpack
Price: $29.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen

Ooooh. And in both woot- and Fall-appropriate colors....

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

Sneaky ending to the write-up. Nice.

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond
mossygreen wrote:Ooooh. And in both woot- and Fall-appropriate colors....

I do like the colors. Not so industrial.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3346 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Some additional info can be found over at kelty.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3346 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Can we get a darker backpack with the Woot! logo for the guys next? I use a backpack at work and would love to look like the biggest nerd at my work with a Woot! logo backpack.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:Can we get a darker backpack with the Woot! logo for the guys next? I use a backpack at work and would love to look like the biggest nerd at my work with a Woot! logo backpack.

allykat26

quality posts: 3 Private Messages allykat26

Is this for sure a "kite" model? I cannot find this model anywhere. I know that typically they are from the previous year. The kite model that comes up throughout various searches and on kelty's site itself does not have the chest or waist straps.

mossygreen

So this is officially a men's backpack, right? Is that important? I ask as someone who has mostly only bought used unisex backpacks and is probably not the target audience for a fancy one.

allykat26

quality posts: 3 Private Messages allykat26

I believe this is unisex or male. We have both male and female kelty's here and I will say the unisex/male in the backpack style works fine for either sex. Once you start getting into larger sizes/actual hiking bags it makes a difference. At a certain price point kelty's also have torso adjustment. Overall they are good quality bags, imo.

mossygreen wrote:So this is officially a men's backpack, right? Is that important? I ask as someone who has mostly only bought used unisex backpacks and is probably not the target audience for a fancy one.

mossygreen

allykat26 wrote:I believe this is unisex or male. We have both male and female kelty's here and I will say the unisex/male in the backpack style works fine for either sex. Once you start getting into larger sizes/actual hiking bags it makes a difference. At a certain price point kelty's also have torso adjustment. Overall they are good quality bags, imo.

Thank you!

zarchitect

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zarchitect

So what's with the Hunger Games outfits the models are sporting? Upon getting these ever-so trendy bags we'll be killing each other off for food? Awesome!

CoffeeOnIce

quality posts: 11 Private Messages CoffeeOnIce
conanthelibrarian wrote:Can we get a darker backpack with the Woot! logo for the guys next?

Please don't generalize about gender-color preferences. I'm a lady and I happen think these melted-sherbert colors are hideous.

earmstro

quality posts: 1 Private Messages earmstro

Boy, those bags seem rather full... of what?

crystalrowan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crystalrowan

So since it isn't listed in the features I assume the large pocket doesn't have a sleeve/pocket for a laptop. I can't find a picture anywhere of the inside of the main pocket. Bummer because I want to switch to a backpack for work but need a pocket for my laptop.

landsd01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages landsd01

I also want to see the inside and Does it have a sleeve/pocket for a laptop. I can't find a picture anywhere of the inside of the main pocket. Bummer because I want to switch to a backpack for work but need a pocket for my laptop.[/quote]

Lance19

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Lance19
mossygreen wrote:So this is officially a men's backpack, right? Is that important? I ask as someone who has mostly only bought used unisex backpacks and is probably not the target audience for a fancy one.

Kelty.com specifically indicates "Hermaphrodite"

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark
landsd01 wrote:I also want to see the inside and Does it have a sleeve/pocket for a laptop. I can't find a picture anywhere of the inside of the main pocket. Bummer because I want to switch to a backpack for work but need a pocket for my laptop.

[/quote]

Ebags has an inside view. . .looks like one large compartment. http://m.ebags.com/product/kelty/kite-backpack/250735

alan93

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alan93

I would rather spend the extra $170 and get a bullet proof one.
As long as schools are "gun safe" zones, kids will need it!

Rudedog753

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Rudedog753
alan93 wrote:I would rather spend the extra $170 and get a bullet proof one.
As long as schools are "gun safe" zones, kids will need it!

Agreed. The Yukon Outfitters Outdoors Gear looks more my style. I like the bugout bag. Of course with the sweetie pie colors of the Kelty I'd never have a gear mix up at the hunting lodge.

Kraus247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kraus247

How much weight can these comfortably handle? I rather not spend $250 on a GoRuck bag.

colinchout

quality posts: 2 Private Messages colinchout

Shoulda just give it free or maybe about $5.00 complementary price for these LOYAL Wooters here .

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Here's the inside. The pocket is a flat fabric panel. I wouldn't call it a laptop sleeve as it's not padded.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

allykat26 wrote:Is this for sure a "kite" model? I cannot find this model anywhere. I know that typically they are from the previous year. The kite model that comes up throughout various searches and on kelty's site itself does not have the chest or waist straps.

Kelty made this exclusively for Woot, so they provided the name of the pack for us to use.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Rustyh3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Rustyh3
earmstro wrote:Boy, those bags seem rather full... of what?

Think really hard everyone.....

What are bags filled with at Woot?

Oh wait that was before....

Never mind. Sigh......

gramasheemie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gramasheemie
Lance19 wrote:Kelty.com specifically indicates "Hermaphrodite"

Somebody had to say it.
Thank You.

Pamini

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pamini

I may just have to have it. I frequently wish I had a convenient place to stow my ice axe on my adventures about town.

heffer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages heffer
ThunderThighs wrote:Kelty made this exclusively for Woot, so they provided the name of the pack for us to use.

Exclusive for Woot? Big need for ice axes in Texas?

jenniferbreuer4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenniferbreuer4

I did want to see the inside of the bag but because I waited now I missed out on the deal. Very foolish on my part.

ThunderThighs wrote:Here's the inside. The pocket is a flat fabric panel. I wouldn't call it a laptop sleeve as it's not padded.

bogey90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bogey90

I ordered curry, but they sent a green one. It looks good, but I don't like the color.

ThunderThighs

Staff

bogey90 wrote:I ordered curry, but they sent a green one. It looks good, but I don't like the color.

Whoops. Sorry about that. Email support@woot.com for assistance.