quality posts: 2750 Private Messages lichme

Item: Klipsch Noise Canceling Headphones
Price: $139.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

RickS1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RickS1

Us Baby Boomers are trying to be restrained. Something we've learned over time. ;-)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3325 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Some good reviews (3.7 out of 5.0) reviews over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

Some additional info can be found over at klipsch.com

conanthelibrarian

Check out this thorough review over at engadget.com

hierophanta

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hierophanta

they sure are sexy. but i cant imagine wearing them in this heat

dc14a10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dc14a10

I bought these headphones the last time they came through.

The sound is good to very good. I am not an audiophile though. The noise cancelling is great. They are tight for us big headed folks. I wear a size 8 baseball cap (I know, melon head) and it is tight out of the box. A little stretching over the arm of the couch has loosened them up for me. They are fairly heavy for a headphone, but the quality seems top notch.

They are well worth this price in my opinion.

mfeferman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mfeferman

I bought these on Woot once. With regard to actual noise reduction, they're only fair. For listening to music, they're good. Also, note, they are for folks with a 'smaller' head. They ended up hurting after wearing them for a while, because of the pressure they put on either side of my head. I dearly wanted them to work out, but I ended up getting rid of them.

I still love you Woot!

"To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion."

johnsonr3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages johnsonr3

I've been looking for a while for some NC cans for my all-too-frequent plane trips. I have a kid in college, so sending Dr. Bose enough for a set of QCs is painful. These seem OK - after reading a lot of reviews, the buzz seems to be:

1. Fairly good, but not great, NC.
2. Very warm, rich sound, but so much so that detail seems to be lost, especially in mid and high range. Still people loved it most of the time.
3. Tight fit for isolation seems to be tiring, and the leather earpads are sweaty for some.
4. Nearly a pound and HUGE means you gotta be OK with the "I'm wearing big headphones" look and not hoping for I-forgot-I-had-them-on comfort.

Still, most reviewers said they were pretty OK with the $350 price tag when new, which means $140 is REALLY good. Can't decide if I'm going to pull the trigger on these or spend a little more on Audio-Technicas, Sennheisers or (gasp!) Bose.

bonitamike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonitamike

The two women in the product pictures are very attractive, but not very happy. What is it about these headphones that makes them less than happy?

I prefer being happy, so I won't be getting these headphones.

buggsy2

quality posts: 8 Private Messages buggsy2

irregardlessly

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irregardlessly

Anyone used both these and the Bose QC? Comparisons?

timothyw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages timothyw

what are:

HI-FI INSPIRED CABLES

Was the engineer inspired to reach a Hi-Fi standards, but then fell short? Is there even such a thing as "Hi-Fi Cables" beyond marketing?

Sounds like 24k inspired gold jewelry--that's really just gold plated....

ocv808

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocv808
johnsonr3 wrote:Can't decide if I'm going to pull the trigger on these or spend a little more on Audio-Technicas, Sennheisers or (gasp!) Bose.

Although bose are the most expensive (well i guess it depends on the model there are some Sennhiesers that are in the 1000s) even comparable in audio quality to the Audio-technicas or Sennheisers. Although the NC on the bose is very good, but are overpriced for what you get.

CanofWootAzz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CanofWootAzz

I researched the heck out of these, reading all kinds of reviews and internet searches before I dropped $150 on some headphones. Consistently, they outperformed Bose for those that had tested/worn both. Quality is great. THey do get warm, but the seal is good. You can stretch these to fit if you have a pumpkin head. My coworker also bought these and there were no questions asked by Klipsch when he returned them after the warranty was up due to a dead NC switch. I like that Klipsch stands up for their products. This is a great deal.

latefee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages latefee
ocv808 wrote:Although bose are the most expensive (well i guess it depends on the model there are some Sennhiesers that are in the 1000s) even comparable in audio quality to the Audio-technicas or Sennheisers. Although the NC on the bose is very good, but are overpriced for what you get.

I bought the Audio-Technicas and they are very good at noise cancelling, but not as great at Bose. Also, on the ATs, you pretty much have to turn on the NC feature to be able to hear music or dialogue clearly, for some reason the sound is 'muffled' when the NC is turned off. But, given the price differential between AT and Bose, I am happy with the AT.

buggsy2

quality posts: 8 Private Messages buggsy2
irregardlessly wrote:Anyone used both these and the Bose QC? Comparisons?

From the amazon.com reviews for the Klipsch:

15 of 18 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars Looks and sounds nice, but..., November 15, 2012
By
Rick D. Siders - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Klipsch Mode M40 Mode Headphones - Copper/Black (Electronics)
First of all, I am no expert when it comes to headphones. However, I do love music and am a fan of hearing it as it was meant to be heard. I also travel quite a bit, so I wanted some noise cancelling, over-the-ear headphones. For me, the choice was between the BOSE QC 15, Klipsch M40, and the Beats. I ultimately settled on the BOSE QC 15, but none of them were perfect. So, here are my thoughts on each:

(1) Klipsch M40 - sound was WONDERFUL, and they look great. The noise cancelling was impressive, but not quite as good as the Bose QC 15. I would have kept these, but they were WAY TOO tight and I could only wear them for about 15 minutes before getting a splittine headache. I have a fairly large head (hat size between 7 3/8 and 7 1/2), but these were over the top tight! Again, if my head were a little smaller, I would have kept these.

(2) Beats - in one word, "awful!" I have never written a bad review for a product until this review, but they are so bad. Let's start with the look...they look cool (I had the orange ones, and they look sweet). They are also fairly comfortable to wear. HOWEVER, they don't sound as good as the Klipsch 40's or the BOSE QC 15's. Further, and most importantly, YOU CANNOT WEAR THESE ON A PLANE! The person next to you can hear them as well as you can hear them. It is embarrassing, and I would never wear them in a public place...and unfortunately, these are PORTABLE headphones. Also, the noise cancelling is just ok.

(3) BOSE QC 15 - all around the best over-the-ear headphone amongst the three I purchased. They are very comfortable to wear. The noise cancelling is CRAZY good. The sound is very pure, but seems to be somewhat muted. Because of this, I actually purchased a portable amp to go with them. I would have preferred not to do this, but it really helps.

Anyway, I hope this helps!

davevani

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davevani

Well, cool-looking or not, ya really can't knock Bose headphones for not trying to be stylish. The "Design Tool" on QC-15's lets you change the color of every single aspect of the headphones. So, there's that; just sayin' ...

impetus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages impetus

Anybody compared these with Monoprice's ridiculously great $100 model?
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082706&p_id=10010&seq=1&format=2

LDD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LDD

I have two sets of Bose and a set of these purchase on Woot. These sound good but I prefer the Bose. Main reason these are tight on my head. Have these for the office and if they went missing, would not feel as bad if they were my expensive Bose....Travel with my Bose....

LDD

mschwaiger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mschwaiger
mfeferman wrote:I bought these on Woot once. With regard to actual noise reduction, they're only fair. For listening to music, they're good. Also, note, they are for folks with a 'smaller' head. They ended up hurting after wearing them for a while, because of the pressure they put on either side of my head. I dearly wanted them to work out, but I ended up getting rid of them.

I still love you Woot!

I agree with most of the comments, like this one. I used these on a long flight to South Africa. The noise cancelling was fine on the plane, and the sound quality was pretty good (again, as others have said, not excellent but solid). My biggest complaint is with extended wearing, the top of my head started to hurt. I wasn't bothered by the pinching on the sides and my head isn't that big, but on the top of my skull where the band rests got super sore to the point where I could no longer keep them on my head. There appears to be padding on the top of the headband, but I can assure you it is not sufficient for extended wear.

Now they sit in their fancy zipper case, unused and unloved.

anoff

quality posts: 2 Private Messages anoff

I got these last time for $150...the NC is decent, but not great...the sound though, is awesome, especially with the NC on. It seems to activate a boost in the volume/bass. They are a bit on the heavy side, and get a little warm (the ear cuffs feel almost like memory foam). They are good for travelling, but they really shine for work and games...you don't hear the A/C blowing, computer fans, cars driving by, people walking up to you, etc...it completely puts you in a bubble

Of course, the NC broke on mine, but a quick email to Klipsch got me a replacement pair (and it looked like they swapped my refurb for a NIB pair).

It comes with a bunch of accessories, though i'm not sure how much I need a storage bag, case and airplane adapter. Having the cable with the mic is nice for the occasional call though.

ShaneRittenhouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShaneRittenhouse

I got a pair of these last go round. The sound to me was genuinely good. definitely more of a warm bias to the sound but nevertheless good. I however grew to hate them. They will pinch your head like a vice. anything past 15-20 minutes will give you a headache and the discomfort only mounts from there. The ear cups are also rather shallow so if your ear touches at all it is met with a surprisingly abrasive surface. I got rid of them and with the money I made I bought a new pair of headphones. I had to pay just a little more but not much and I got the logitech UE 6000. They blew me away with sound quality and I can wear them for days without discomfort. If you really want a good pair of cans I would recommend not breaking your heart with this pair.

ShaneRittenhouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShaneRittenhouse

The only thing better about the klipsch is the sound quality, and dont get me wrong that is a heavy contender for what is desired out of a high end head phone. In all honesty though the SQ isnt a great deal better. QC 15 is much much lighter and the noise cancelling is second to none. the only downside to the QC is the price... if you absolutely need the noise cancelling I would go with the Bose. Otherwise I advise logitech's ue6000. Those will blow your mind. Klipsh sound great but are unbearably uncomfortable between the tight fit, shallow ear cups, and overall weight.

felixperson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages felixperson

Has anyone with a small head tried these? I found the Bose to be just a little too big for me.

pegpaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegpaw

I had tried the Bose Noise-Cancelling headphones previously in a workplace environment (trying to escape the chatter) and my assessment is as follows.

For half the price, these work fine in reducing sound (probably 90% to what the Bose reduce) but the noticeable difference is that these are heavier, and you will definitely feel it after wearing these for some time, (also not so desireable for traveling-bulky).

Also, the bar on the top of the head can be uncomfortable after some time.

They are nicely (if not overly so) packaged, and sturdy.

Overall, for half the price, I am impressed.