conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3459 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Some additional info can be found over at sanyo.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3459 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

TONS of comments from when this was sold in July '12

specialized999

quality posts: 5 Private Messages specialized999

As a heads up, the 46" of this model(?) was up for $228 brand new yesterday... Of course they're mostly sold out now...

http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/16401800?adid=1500000000000012981640&veh=mweb

[MOD EDIT: Item is sold out there.]

gotnostyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gotnostyle

Vizio 42" model E421VO up at $198 at wally world. You could say "it's not a sanyo," but I'd say that's a plus

Mod edit all you want, this is a terrible deal.

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
conanthelibrarian wrote:TONS of comments from when this was sold in July '12

Before you order this be sure to read the last pages of comments from the previous sale of this TV. Seems there were many problems once customers received theirs. Thanks conanthe.... for posting.

mevande

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mevande
gotnostyle wrote:Vizio 42" model E421VO up at $198 at wally world. You could say "it's not a sanyo," but I'd say that's a plus

Mod edit all you want, this is a terrible deal.

What are you smoking?! There is not a Vizio 42inch at Walmart at any price, much less at what you stated, 198.00. Its people like you that shovel out bad info that ruins the feedback area,

dpwellman

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dpwellman
mevande wrote:What are you smoking?! There is not a Vizio 42inch at Walmart at any price, much less at what you stated, 198.00. Its people like you that shovel out bad info that ruins the feedback area,

Sure there is. . . store 680 and 1080 have em.

What's the point of a signature? Everyone can see who wrote this, over there, to the left.

mysteriousx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mysteriousx
mevande wrote:What are you smoking?! There is not a Vizio 42inch at Walmart at any price, much less at what you stated, 198.00. Its people like you that shovel out bad info that ruins the feedback area,

Yes there is.. Look up the model number or go to this link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-42-Class-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-E421VO/15992341

It is in limited stores, so it may not be that price in stores near you.

bluemaple

quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple

A $20 price drop for a CFL-back-lit LCD non-factory refurb TV over a year later seems really light.

CFL back-lit technology (whether you like LED or not) is even older now.

TV prices have continued to drop making this an even worse deal.

Also that July 2012 TV had a Sanyo warranty.

On the plus side, I believe Panasonic owns Sanyo. Oh and you get 3 HDMI ports - pretty good for an entry level TV. ;-)

valiantcd73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages valiantcd73

Bought a 39" Sanyo refurb. and had to send it back. Speakers crackeled. I paid the freight!!!
So much for a good deal!! MS.

shygote

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shygote

Bought this last year and use it as my PC monitor. It never gets particularly bright, and it doesn't play nice if you try to go DVI to HDMI (anything other than a VGA connection yielded crazy rez and stretching issues). Its response time and refresh rate have been adequate for gaming. I'm sure I'll want to replace it one day, but it's chugging along, doing its job. Excellence in mediocrity.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

No, it's people like you. The prior post was accurate. The problem is your lack of research skills.

Here is a link from dealnews:
For Site-to-Store pickup only and with stock limited by ZIP code, Walmart offers the Vizio 42" 1080p LCD HD Television, model no. E421VO, for $198. That's $82 under our April mention of a refurb (this one is new) and an all-time price low for any 42" 1080p LCD HDTV. (It's also $142 under the best price we could find for this model today, including refurbished ones.) Features include 1920x1080 (1080p) resolution, CCFL backlighting, USB, and two HDMI inputs.

nickspeck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nickspeck
dliidlii wrote:No, it's people like you. The prior post was accurate. The problem is your lack of research skills.

You beat me to it. The TV is sold out online, but I have at least 3 stores in my area that have the TV available for pick up today. People turn their noses up at Vizio (and lets be honest, Sanyo, too), but I've had nothing but good luck with the products I've purchased that were manufactured by Vizio. For what it's worth.

As a testimonial I do have a friend that has one of these and it really isn't half bad. I can't attest that it is this exact model, but, well, it's a Sanyo and it's 42".

cooldaddybeck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cooldaddybeck

I own three vizios at home, one plasma (50 inch, bought 2006), one LCD (42 inch, bought 2010), and one LED (32 inch, bought 2011). I probably wouldn't buy another brand now, no problems and super happy with them. Plus, the plasma doubles as a heater in the winter. ;0)

nickspeck wrote:You beat me to it. The TV is sold out online, but I have at least 3 stores in my area that have the TV available for pick up today. People turn their noses up at Vizio (and lets be honest, Sanyo, too), but I've had nothing but good luck with the products I've purchased that were manufactured by Vizio. For what it's worth.

As a testimonial I do have a friend that has one of these and it really isn't half bad. I can't attest that it is this exact model, but, well, it's a Sanyo and it's 42".

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller
mysteriousx wrote:Yes there is.. Look up the model number or go to this link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-42-Class-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-E421VO/15992341

It is in limited stores, so it may not be that price in stores near you.

Thanks, that link worked, and it's available within 3 miles of the house. When I searched WM site independently, it didn't show it. Gotta love search engines!

ascii256

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ascii256

I BOUGHT the Vizio 42 for $198.00 yesterday. This morning it was still available in some stores.

I pick mine up Tuesday in store.

6/10 Dynamo Flashlight/Radio 6/5 PlayGear Share Splitter 5/31 VRDH200 Stereo Headphones
5/14 Single Serving Coffeemaker 4/27 Screaming Monkey with Black Cape 5/15 2 ear check ear thermometer 6/05 play gear share audio splitter 6/5 Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter 4/27 Buslink Mini Stereo System 4/26 Zyxel M-202 Mimo Network Adapter 4/26 Excalibur USB Portable Drive 3/23 Screaming Monkey with Green Cape 3/23 Philips GoGear 2GB MP3 Player

randomjokes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randomjokes

I bought the Sanyo 39" when it was on sale a couple weeks ago. It was also a refurb, and I'm mostly happy with it. Haven't watched a bunch of stuff, but the picture looks good, it was well-packed and easy to set-up, and it hasn't broken on me yet.

HOWEVER, the speakers on the TV are AWFUL. Absolutely abysmal. Like, watching a movie on it, I literally couldn't understand a quarter of the dialogue. The speakers just blatt and blurt over the littlest sounds. It's possible I got a defective one and/or the 42" has significantly different speakers, but I'm guessing the build quality on the speakers is just bottom of the barrel in general. If you want the onboard audio to work out of the box, look elsewhere. [But you can always set up external speakers and be happy, I'm sure. Which is something I find myself now needing to do.]

To sum up: Good picture, reasonable price, TERRIBLE SPEAKERS [but does have a digital coaxial audio-out jack].

Kraus247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kraus247

Mevande attempting to pull his foot out of his mouth. At $198 even I'm interested.