WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Kingston Brass Classic Faucets

Today, of course, we get our water through replicators and ice asteroids. But wouldn't it be fun, just now and then, to use a faucet again? Of course it would! So buy some, just like your ancestors used to do, waaay back in the 21st Century.

bhyphenlow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhyphenlow

We bought one of these faucets from a *not Woot* web site a couple of months ago. While the faucet itself seems to be well made, the faucet was tall and came with a drain pull that was too small. When we contacted Kingston Brass customer support, they indicated that they had longer pulls available for $20 plus shipping and that we should have read the information on *their* web site, even though we never purchased from their site. The service rep was less than polite in sharing this information and made no attempt to make things right.
You can by a long-reach drain pull for less than $10 at a hardware store, and as long as you're OK with that, these faucets are fine. If you don't want to buy extra hardware to have a working drain, don't buy the taller models.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

bought a kingston single handle banos faucet from w00t. They don't come with a rubber spacer thing, thus requiring you to caulk the faucet to the sink. I haven't seen that kind of solution for a long long long time.

achcee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages achcee

I recently bought a KB kitchen pull-down faucet. The sprayer head was defective, it makes a horrendous buzzing/whining noise and vibrates. Attempts to rectify the situation have so far resulted in only frustration. I was offered the chance to receive twenty dollars or return the entire faucet assembly for a refund - which is just not going to happen as the faucet is fully installed and operational. The sprayer is a screw-on piece that is very easy to replace, why I was not given the option to send that back for one that works as intended is beyond me. The retail price on a replacement sprayer on the KB site is 60 dollars! So I'm being asked to pay 40 dollars plus shipping extra in order to just get the faucet I already paid for to work as it should have right out of the box.

This is a continuing issue at the moment and I may update this post if woot can make this right - so far the prospects are not looking good.

At this point, I recommend you DO NOT PURCHACE anything from Kingston Brass via woot - just poor quality control and too much frustration and run-around

williamt1980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages williamt1980

If you notice, they can't ship to California/Vermont, amongst a few other places. This is because the lead levels of this faucet is above the compliance guidelines in those states. While there is no consensus on what's amount of lead is safe... do you really want to chance it?

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
achcee wrote:I recently bought a KB kitchen pull-down faucet. The sprayer head was defective, it makes a horrendous buzzing/whining noise and vibrates. Attempts to rectify the situation have so far resulted in only frustration. I was offered the chance to receive twenty dollars or return the entire faucet assembly for a refund - which is just not going to happen as the faucet is fully installed and operational. The sprayer is a screw-on piece that is very easy to replace, why I was not given the option to send that back for one that works as intended is beyond me. The retail price on a replacement sprayer on the KB site is 60 dollars! So I'm being asked to pay 40 dollars plus shipping extra in order to just get the faucet I already paid for to work as it should have right out of the box.

This is a continuing issue at the moment and I may update this post if woot can make this right - so far the prospects are not looking good.

At this point, I recommend you DO NOT PURCHACE anything from Kingston Brass via woot - just poor quality control and too much frustration and run-around

Unbelievable, I have a grohe ladylux kitchen faucet and after 10 yrs, the pull out sprayer head's hose was leaking. I called Grohe up, told them my faucet's hose has a leak and also mentioned that the rubber cover for the sprayer head ripped. They asked me if I had the receipt and I told them not likely after 10 yrs. They just reminded me that I should have a receipt and shipped me those parts. From the web search, those parts are $50 and $75. Can't complain about their customer service.

brendako

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brendako

Well Woot. Why you send my faucets to Connecticut? I don't live there, I live in Georgia!! And no one will talk to me about it!! sigh.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

brendako wrote:Well Woot. Why you send my faucets to Connecticut? I don't live there, I live in Georgia!! And no one will talk to me about it!! sigh.

Very peculiar...hahah
I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from Woot Member Services. I'll forward your post along to them and see if I can get you some assistance.

Someone will hopefully reply here soon or also email you and update you.

UPDATE: I've been informed by Woot Member Services that your order has had the correct zip changed and should be redirected.
If you have any further questions or issues please feel free to repost here.