WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Happy Music Monday! Today nobody's in the office, so we're gonna get wild. How wild? super $#*&! wild! Today's Music Monday is all about songs that use profanity. Please assume that all the links will be NSFW! Except for this first one, which you can still sometimes hear on FCC-approved radio stations.

Sophie B. Hawkins - Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover

Ms. Hawkins got herself a top ten hit and a little pile of scandal for this sexy love song. Today, you can probably hear it on the radio in your bank at lunch, and everybody will sing along. You've gotta admit, as far as profanity goes, "damn" is way on the low end.

But it's gonna get worse after this, people. Remember, NSFW. See you brave souls after the jump.

Remember, assume these songs have NSFW lyrics and content! They all don't really, but better safe then sorry. Anyway, it shouldn't matter. You're at home, right? KICK OUT THE JAMS, MOTHER-

David Bowie - Queen Bitch

Nobody wears a flippity-floppity hat unless they're trying to copy the Velvet Underground. Bowie's tribute to the Warhol-based punk grandfathers does a pretty good job of capturing their swagger. And it's juuust profane enough to be dangerous.

Cee Lo - F*** You

Cee Lo through out this hit on the Internet! And guess what? It was HUGE, and rightly so! Of course, the FCC would never have allowed it on the radio, so we now know the much cleaner "Forget You" instead. But does that really capture the emotion of heartbreak as well as profanity does? F*** no.

AC/DC - Hell's Bells

Is Hell a profanity? Well, some people think so. It certainly was enough to make AC/DC be labeled as a satanic band. Pro tip: Australia is not owned by Satan, even though they do have socialized medicine. And AC/DC continues to rock. DONNNNNNNG. DONNNNNNNG.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart feat. Jack White and The Insane Clown Posse - Canon in B flat for 6 Voices, K. 231 / K. 382c

What's the side effect of being a childhood prodigy? You also have a child's sense of humor. Mozart's scatological gag might be one of the few butt songs that exist in classical music, but it's also the ONLY classical piece that boasts a following of Juggalos. Recorded at the request of Jack White, this profane and ridiculous piece is… well, it is what it is. Enjoy the original Mozart tune here if you dare.

They're full of dirty works in our Turntable.fm room and the regular Music Monday enjoyment. Also, let us just remind you: some images come from the corresponding Wikipedia page and are here under fair use.

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars

(Remember, as per Scott: all NSFW!)

Yeah, we can put the one up by The Who again, but I'm going to go with:

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

Elton John "The B**** is Back"

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen

OK, I know this is choosing the nuclear option way too soon, but I don't have that much time right now so I'm going straight to G. G. Allin.

Here are 20 songs. I don't recommend listening to the whole hour, so it's good that "I Wanna peanut butter jelly time Myself" and "Needle Up My Charlie the unicorn" are both at the beginning.

I'm posting a collection because I don't want a youtube search history for "Butt-sucking ass-peanut butter jelly timeing flying spaghetti monster-licking masturbation."

PS Enjoying the filters, I am.

strawhousepig

quality posts: 60 Private Messages strawhousepig

tjamil

quality posts: 26 Private Messages tjamil

Prince sings "Sexy M.F"

tjamil

hot72chev wrote:Elton John "The B**** is Back"

when Elton John announced he was supplying the music for Hillary Clinton's campaign in 2008, I was SO hoping this would be her entrance music (full disclosure: I am a registered Democrat, but I appreciate good comedy)

vigilante1987

quality posts: 11 Private Messages vigilante1987

How about a song that was banned from many radio stations for profanity, despite not having any? (If you discount the drummer's outburst at 0:58 after dropping one of his sticks)

The Kingsmen: Louie, Louie.

tjamil

How about this classic by Blink 182 (very NSFW) f*** a dog

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

How about a few that are not really profane, but the songs have language that earned themselves a "Radio Edit" in their day. These are the uncensored versions.

Blondie "Heart of Glass"
(Blondie's use of the phrase "pain in the @$$" was a big deal when the song first came out.

Steve Miller "Jet Airliner"

Green Day "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"

Green Day "American badger badger badger"

(HA, love the word filter in the last song title.)

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
tjamil wrote:How about this classic by Blink 182 (very NSFW) f*** a dog

Where were you during the week of songs about dogs?

chicken0102

quality posts: 41 Private Messages chicken0102

Meredith Brooks "B****"

cjhughes

quality posts: 24 Private Messages cjhughes

"F*!#in' Up" by Neil Young & Crazy Horse, from Ragged Glory

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle,
I no longer despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells
Woot:40(Babies on Cribs:7) Kids:0 Wine:1 Shirt:7 Sellout:4 Home:1 Moofi: 2

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster
LarryLars wrote:(Remember, as per Scott: all NSFW!)

Yeah, we can put the one up by The Who again, but I'm going to go with:

What he said!

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall

That profane exclamation of surprise when you see someone famous....

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall

must see live... there is no alternative.

aaronwooster

quality posts: 9 Private Messages aaronwooster

Gonna have to go with the classic Dean & the Weenies song off of the Mondo New York soundtrack. Deeply surprised there is not a cover of this one.

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

Frank Zappa, Broken Hearts are for Axxholes

jesterg86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesterg86

What about Mother Uckas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6IwpWu9Vbg

Granny smith....d..i..avacado..... mango.... and pop an apple in his as

Schug Estate
Dry Creek
Vampire
Woot Cellars