nebula1054

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nebula1054

I bought this deal a month ago.

VIZIO M3D421SR-B 42" 1080p 240Hz SPS Theater 3D Edge Lit Razor LED HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps and Wi-Fi

this was a refurb. Now, my screen won't turn on, but the vizio light is... someone help?! Will be calling woot and vizio tomorrow. Let's hope I'm not screwed on getting it fixed bc it's a refurb. That will be more than unfortunate. I spent near $500 on this TV....

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

nebula1054 wrote:I bought this deal a month ago.

VIZIO M3D421SR-B 42" 1080p 240Hz SPS Theater 3D Edge Lit Razor LED HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps and Wi-Fi

this was a refurb. Now, my screen won't turn on, but the vizio light is... someone help?! Will be calling woot and vizio tomorrow. Let's hope I'm not screwed on getting it fixed bc it's a refurb. That will be more than unfortunate. I spent near $500 on this TV....

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your television. Vizio warranty is pretty helpful; you can contact them here

If they're unable to assist you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

nebula1054

I tried the vizio services and they said my warrenty is only good for 90 days since it is a factory refurbish. Because of this, I do not feel secure with the longevity of my product and I want to return it. I sent an E-mail to woot and I am awaiting their reply.

ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your television. Vizio warranty is pretty helpful; you can contact them here

If they're unable to assist you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

nebula1054

Here is my purchase
http://www.woot.com/offers/42-1080p-3d-led-tv-with-apps-wi-fi

First, let me say woot got back to me within 36 hours. The E-mail was succinct and understanding. They are allowing me to return the product which I will be doing in the next hour.

Second, I was given the option of using my refurbished 90d warranty (as opposed to a 1 yr for a new Vizio) and I passed. Although they would fix the TV, I dont feel secure in my purchase given that the TV broke when it just sat there in a well A/C room for a month.

Lessons I learned from this:
1. Although some people have not had any problems with their VIZIOs the amount of comments about unreliability and breakage make investing in a product from this company too much of a gamble. These same comments are found with other companies (LG...etc) but to a lesser degree. It is my belief that buying VIZIO is a gamble.

2. Refurbished products make this investment a bigger gamble since the warranty lasts only 90 days.

I think from this, you can probably see how I feel about this TV. As for woot, I am consistently learning to trust this company (as I do amazon). They have consistently valued me as a customers and for this purchase, has gone out of their way to help.

I hope my comments provide as one lesson among many for you to decide on your purchases.

nebula1054 wrote:I tried the vizio services and they said my warrenty is only good for 90 days since it is a factory refurbish. Because of this, I do not feel secure with the longevity of my product and I want to return it. I sent an E-mail to woot and I am awaiting their reply.

djjedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djjedi

I purchased the E390i-A1, it just arrived but sadly it is the E390-A1 NO (i). This makes a HUGE difference as there is no wi-fi or apps and this TV is far from smart. Not Cool w00t. The only reason I bought this was for streaming. I am afraid these will be coming back rather quickly as people discover the error.

smithweiss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smithweiss

I thought I was buying a SMART TV! That is NOT WHAT I RECEIVED!!

ROGETRAY

Staff

smithweiss wrote:I thought I was buying a SMART TV! That is NOT WHAT I RECEIVED!!

I'm sorry to hear that you may be experiencing problems with your purchase.
Please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com
They'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you might have.

dawnwwu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnwwu
djjedi wrote:I purchased the E390i-A1, it just arrived but sadly it is the E390-A1 NO (i). This makes a HUGE difference as there is no wi-fi or apps and this TV is far from smart. Not Cool w00t. The only reason I bought this was for streaming. I am afraid these will be coming back rather quickly as people discover the error.

Did Woot get back to you on this and explain what happened?

huitclos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huitclos

First, I missed that this was a 3rd party refurb.

Came today, total malfunction on side 6" of screen. Visio remarkably helpful, but discovered this was not their refurb/no coverage.

Warranty reqires I ship it prepaid/insd to CA. Was quite bummed, and picture quality sucked big time. Turned it off to lick my wounds...

Turned it back on, it connected to wifi, downloaded a firmware update, and the flashing right side is now fine, pic better. So, hoping for the best, tho' worried a bit. (not sure if the firmware was the fix, but that was the sequence.)

And, no, it's not the remote w/the keyboard on the back.

manhandsha

quality posts: 41 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

huitclos wrote:First, I missed that this was a 3rd party refurb.

Came today, total malfunction on side 6" of screen. Visio remarkably helpful, but discovered this was not their refurb/no coverage.

Warranty reqires I ship it prepaid/insd to CA. Was quite bummed, and picture quality sucked big time. Turned it off to lick my wounds...

Turned it back on, it connected to wifi, downloaded a firmware update, and the flashing right side is now fine, pic better. So, hoping for the best, tho' worried a bit. (not sure if the firmware was the fix, but that was the sequence.)

And, no, it's not the remote w/the keyboard on the back.

I'm glad things are working now. Keep in mind that if you have trouble with the warranty, you can always reach out to Woot Member Services for further assistance. If you need to contact them, be sure to include your user name and order ID for quicker service. support@woot.com

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

smithweiss

I had the same problem and this is the response I received:

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

Please consult with the product manufacturer, Vizio, for assistance with that. If they indicate the product is defective, please let us know so we can further assist.

Best Regards,

Riley
Woot Member Services

It's NOT DEFECTIVE!!! Woot sent me the E390-A1 not the Smart TV E390i-A1

I do not need another stupid TV

[postid="5550039" user="dawnwwu"]Did Woot get back to you on this and explain what happened?[/quote]

justinables

quality posts: 2 Private Messages justinables

smithweiss wrote:I had the same problem and this is the response I received:

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

Please consult with the product manufacturer, Vizio, for assistance with that. If they indicate the product is defective, please let us know so we can further assist.

Best Regards,

Riley
Woot Member Services

It's NOT DEFECTIVE!!! Woot sent me the E390-A1 not the Smart TV E390i-A1

I do not need another stupid TV

[postid="5550039" user="dawnwwu"]Did Woot get back to you on this and explain what happened?

Hey smithweiss,

Woot CS here.

Sorry about that info my colleague gave ya.

We are looking into the issue and will contact you soon when we have a bit more information.

smithweiss

Thanks Woot CS!

justinables wrote:Hey smithweiss,

Woot CS here.

Sorry about that info my colleague gave ya.

We are looking into the issue and will contact you soon when we have a bit more information.

amcoolio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amcoolio

Whats the status on shipping for these TV's. It says 3-5 day shipping but its been 7 and my tracking is still saying at delivery terminal in TX.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

amcoolio wrote:Whats the status on shipping for these TV's. It says 3-5 day shipping but its been 7 and my tracking is still saying at delivery terminal in TX.

Looks like yours is on the move. The large TVs are shipped via freight, usually Seko.

http://harmony.myseko.com/track

Go to the site above. Your tracking number is "WT" plus your order number:

WTxxxxxxx

If you have any questions, Seko's phone numbers are on that tracking page as well.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

djjedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djjedi
dawnwwu wrote:Did Woot get back to you on this and explain what happened?

They said they were contacting their buyer and would get back to me. That was Friday. Judging by this thread I am not the only one this happened to.

Keldie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keldie

Ordered the 47" and just received it today. Cracked top corner and nothing but a blue screen with cracks showing when turned on Hopefully, we can get this replaced quickly!!! Also, isn't it supposed to come with a qwerty remote? There was just a normal remote in the box. So far, not happy with my first big purchase. Hoping this will all be fixed ASAP!

huitclos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huitclos

update on mine...

Screen woke up again today with the 6" of purple screen on the side. Turned it off, and on, and it went back to normal. Frustrating. I guess I'll watch it for a few weeks.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be curious as the 3rd party warranty/shipping/etc isn't a great prospect.

And, thoughts on...almost seems like software, as when it works, it's great. When not right, just a distinct part of the screen is screwed up.

Wary of it dying...we'll see.

ROGETRAY

Staff

huitclos wrote:update on mine...

Screen woke up again today with the 6" of purple screen on the side. Turned it off, and on, and it went back to normal. Frustrating. I guess I'll watch it for a few weeks.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be curious as the 3rd party warranty/shipping/etc isn't a great prospect.

And, thoughts on...almost seems like software, as when it works, it's great. When not right, just a distinct part of the screen is screwed up.

Wary of it dying...we'll see.

You might be able to write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and see if they have any options available for you.
Just let them know what you're experiencing and they'll be able to answer any questions you might have.

amcoolio

Getting kind of worried...need the TV up before this weekend at the bar and tracking still says in TX. 8 days since it said it was shipped and Seko said 3-5 day shipping. Has anyone who ordered the big TVs received theirs yet?

amcoolio

I came across as whiny. I really love Woot! and they usually ship these fast and the last freight delivery I had came within a few days. I was just really needing the TV up before football this weekend because ours broke!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

amcoolio wrote:Getting kind of worried...need the TV up before this weekend at the bar and tracking still says in TX. 8 days since it said it was shipped and Seko said 3-5 day shipping. Has anyone who ordered the big TVs received theirs yet?

Have you contacted Seko again? If you can't find out any info, email support@woot.com for some assistance.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Keldie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keldie

So our tv was delivered damaged and Woot doesn't have any more tvs to replace. Says that they will refund money 7-10 AFTER they receive the return. This comes to about 3 weeks without a tv and money to go and purchase another one. I really had high hopes for Woot. What happened to their customer service??? We should be compensated by either an upgrade or our credit back asap. Poor customer service!

eyedoc2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eyedoc2009

I just got mine in the mail and they send the wrong model?! They sent the one without WiFi or internet accessibility. Did anyone else have this problem?

After reading through the previous comments it appears as thought this was a widespread problem. I hope they make this right. I'll keep everyone updated. I have had nothing but great things to say about woot for years, I really hope this doesn't sour my opinion.

ROGETRAY

Staff

eyedoc2009 wrote:I just got mine in the mail and they send the wrong model?! They sent the one without WiFi or internet accessibility. Did anyone else have this problem?

If you feel like you received the wrong model, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be able to answer any questions you may have and help resolve the issue.

amcoolio

70 incher arrived today, in good health and no noticeable problems. The "i" is not included and while no mention of it, it does have the WiFi apps if you press the buttons on the remote. But since I'm using this in a bar of a restaurant its not needed anyway. Thanks Woot!

smithweiss

I ordered the 39" and received the not- smart vizio last friday. I emailed woot and they said vizio would send me one directly by today. Nothing. Emailed again this morning and haven't received a reply. : (

quote postid="5553703" user="ROGETRAY"]If you feel like you received the wrong model, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be able to answer any questions you may have and help resolve the issue.[/quote]

deletrius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deletrius

I purchased the 70" E701i-A3 and received it with a large scratch on the screen. And just today, after maybe 15 hours of use, it has developed a vertical yellow line down the entire screen. Refurbished does not mean in good condition. I put in a case with Woot support and am awaiting a response.

cincysurfer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cincysurfer

My 39" smart TV isn't so smart. Doesn't connect reliably to wifi. Shipping is $80-ish with insurance. So I am better off learning to enjoy my my dumb TV combined with a refurbed Roku.

dlinskey wrote:Never buy a refurb TV when you have to pay shipping for RMA. Ultimately, there is no savings. If you get burned twice you'll pay more than full retail. Shipping and insurance on a tv will kill the deal. If the vendor, not VIZIO, does a quality refurb, they would stand by the product and will provide shipping. They're expecting a certain percentage returned. its a disappointment that WOOT offers crap deals designed to screw a select percentage of their customers

cidgrad01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cidgrad01

I was a little nervous since this was a refurbished item with no warranty, but I rolled the dice and have pleasantly surprised with the quality. I had wanted to replace my almost 10 year old 47” plasma TV with no HDMI ports but did not want to spend a lot of money. This deal was perfect. The TV arrived in pristine condition looking like new; no strange scuff marks or anything like that. The picture on the TV is fantastic and sound is decent. I did not buy this for the smart TV functionality but that also works pretty well. It runs Netflix fast with great quality and no stuttering.

The only complaint is that the TV does a poor job of running with PC media servers (like Plex). It is very, very slow and will not play some files. However, I was not planning to use the TV to work with my home media server since I use a Roku for that, so it’s not a big deal to me.