lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
anu4real wrote:Is Dyson really that much better? For the price one can get a hoover or bissell Vacuums with Steamers.

as others have said, the hoovers weighs like a ton of bricks. There are some in the community that seem imply heavy and built like a tank is a good thing, but when you constantly push it back and forth, you will realize it is a big deal.

I got one of those hoover windtunnel vacuum for my wife and she never uses it. I asked her why is she constantly using the POS vacuum with a broken beater brush and she tells me the hoover is too heavy. I tried it and thought what's the big deal. Some time later on when the Sanyo canister gave away and I tried actually vacuuming multiple rooms with the hoover, I realized pulling it back and forth a few times is not the same as doing it a few hundred times.

jmk0922

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmk0922

A little concerned it's refurbished (I've never bought a refurb before) but I'll take my chances with the Woot gods.

sabotageapril

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sabotageapril
u29460 wrote:Bought Dyson DC25 on Woot for $279.99 back in 2009. Still running like the day I bought it. 41 is a bigger number so its got to be better, Yeah?

yes, see my comparison above ^ (well, on page 1 and above...)

jfanman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jfanman

Looks like this place is offering the DC41 Animal model for $320 after 20% off and it comes with an extra 2.5 years warranty through them. Anybody have comments about this store (ABC Vacuum)?

http://abcvacuumwarehouse.com/dyson-dc41-animal-1.html

ascii256

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ascii256

Shows like South Park and Family Guy have pretty much desensitized me to stuff like this. But the flag comment was just stupid.

Is it a poor attempt at comedy? Social commentary? I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what the intent was. Common sense tells you not to post comments like this? What's next? 9/11 jokes on woot.com? Is it too soon for Woot! to make jokes about the Boston Marathon?

6/10 Dynamo Flashlight/Radio 6/5 PlayGear Share Splitter 5/31 VRDH200 Stereo Headphones
5/14 Single Serving Coffeemaker 4/27 Screaming Monkey with Black Cape 5/15 2 ear check ear thermometer 6/05 play gear share audio splitter 6/5 Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter 4/27 Buslink Mini Stereo System 4/26 Zyxel M-202 Mimo Network Adapter 4/26 Excalibur USB Portable Drive 3/23 Screaming Monkey with Green Cape 3/23 Philips GoGear 2GB MP3 Player

jfanman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jfanman

Does anyone know how this compares to the new DC50 Animal model?

sabotageapril

jfanman wrote:Does anyone know how this compares to the new DC50 Animal model?

this is comparing animal to animal. remember, this dc41 is not the animal just because it doesn't have the attachment. but same machine. looks like the dc41 is better because more suction power. the dc50 is just smaller, and smaller motor but its not like the dc41 is huge or heavy.

dc50 vs dc41

dlbosley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlbosley
ThunderThighs wrote:The Animal version includes an extra attachment. Thet attachment isn't included in this sale. So this is not an Animal Dyson.

So, which attachment isn't included? Is it the tangle-free turbine tool that makes it especially good for pet hair? I have a dog and the shedding problem is really getting out of hand.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dlbosley wrote:So, which attachment isn't included? Is it the tangle-free turbine tool that makes it especially good for pet hair? I have a dog and the shedding problem is really getting out of hand.

Yes, the turbine tool accessory is not included in this sale (if we did include it, it would make this offer the DC41 Animal)

sabotageapril

dlbosley wrote:So, which attachment isn't included? Is it the tangle-free turbine tool that makes it especially good for pet hair? I have a dog and the shedding problem is really getting out of hand.

yes. and the turbine tool can be purchased separately from dyson here...tangle-free turbine tool..... "Compatible with DC21 onwards, excluding DC24 and cordless."....so if you buy this woot and the turbine tool then you have an animal!

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
ascii256 wrote:Shows like South Park and Family Guy have pretty much desensitized me to stuff like this. But the flag comment was just stupid.

Is it a poor attempt at comedy? Social commentary? I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what the intent was. Common sense tells you not to post comments like this? What's next? 9/11 jokes on woot.com? Is it too soon for Woot! to make jokes about the Boston Marathon?

There was no intent. Just ignorance. The person who wrote that never served in the military, or law enforcement, or any profession that protects the nation. He or she probably doesn't attend a church, and doesn't have a clue why a church would display a US flag during the worship service. Just ignorance.

txyaloo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages txyaloo

Received mine today. This isn't like any refurb electronic product I've ever purchased.

Upon opening the shipping box, there was a large Dyson sticker indicating this is a "Grade B" refurb. Unless I missed it, this wasn't disclosed anywhere in the ad.

Apparently to Dyson, Grade B means filthy and covered in pet hair. The entire vacuum is covered in dog hair and most of the parts are scratched. I'm ok with the scratches, but the dog/human hair and dirt is pretty poor form for Dyson.

Edited to add:
Mine also came with the mini turbine head.

http://www.dyson.com/tools/m/mini-turbine-head/uniminiturbinehead.aspx?pid=DC41-IRSPU

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

txyaloo wrote:Received mine today. This isn't like any refurb electronic product I've ever purchased.

Upon opening the shipping box, there was a large Dyson sticker indicating this is a "Grade B" refurb. Unless I missed it, this wasn't disclosed anywhere in the ad.

Apparently to Dyson, Grade B means filthy and covered in pet hair. The entire vacuum is covered in dog hair and most of the parts are scratched. I'm ok with the scratches, but the dog/human hair and dirt is pretty poor form for Dyson.

Hmmmm. I'm sorry to hear that you received your purchase in the condition you described.
Please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

omecene

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omecene

Received mine yesterday. Although it said refurbished, it looked brand new. I also received the additional attachment.

By the way - wife was thrilled with the purchase.