pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 88 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
narquespamley wrote:On your website, QP9 and QP9W are rated at 95-100hz minimum. None of your sound bars are under 80. Claiming down to 50Hz is very dubious.

Hello, Thank you for the comment. The specific product I was referring to is our new QP9W PWRBR,and not yet on our web site. It is a SOUNDBAR. Frequency range in the specs is @ -6db

The other items you reference are passive (not amplified) SPEAKERBARS. I hope this clarifies for you.

happygiraffe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happygiraffe

Question on the PBAR 6200. What sort of inputs does this soundbar have?

Does it have capabilities to turn on/off with tv remote?

Thanks!

blipper67

quality posts: 7 Private Messages blipper67
narquespamley wrote:On your website, QP9 and QP9W are rated at 95-100hz minimum. None of your sound bars are under 80. Claiming down to 50Hz is very dubious.

Very dubious if not downright fraudalent. Look at my previous posts on this issue. After me trying to work thru the "range" versus "frequency response" smoke and mirrors "specs", I was told that the QP9W PWRBAR is capable of good output at 52 Hz, -3dB. OK, then I asked if it is ported as I'm wondering how they pulled that rabbit out of the hat. Answer - "no".

There is no way a 3" midrange (a driver of that size is NOT a true woofer or sub, it is a MIDRANGE driver) is capable of outputting any meaningful frequencies down to 52 Hz especially in a sealed cabinet. That is against law of physics, period.

schnob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schnob
MykalB wrote:Hi, Arin. I just purchased the PBAR 6200 last week (awaiting its arrival.) What are my options for adding a subwoofer?

If your TV has analog outputs, using splitter cables you could connect both the pbar6200 and a powered sub to those outputs.

pinnaclespeakers

happygiraffe wrote:Question on the PBAR 6200. What sort of inputs does this soundbar have?

Does it have capabilities to turn on/off with tv remote?

Thanks!

On off is from the remote we supply, or you can mate it to a UNERVERSAL REMOTE. If you want a learning remote then QP9W PWRBR has that feature.

pinnaclespeakers

blipper67 wrote:Very dubious if not downright fraudalent. Look at my previous posts on this issue. After me trying to work thru the "range" versus "frequency response" smoke and mirrors "specs", I was told that the QP9W PWRBAR is capable of good output at 52 Hz, -3dB. OK, then I asked if it is ported as I'm wondering how they pulled that rabbit out of the hat. Answer - "no".

There is no way a 3" midrange (a driver of that size is NOT a true woofer or sub, it is a MIDRANGE driver) is capable of outputting any meaningful frequencies down to 52 Hz especially in a sealed cabinet. That is against law of physics, period.

Mr/MS Blipper seems to us to be just a troll.

pinnaclespeakers

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Mr/MS Blipper seems to us to be just a troll.

http://www.definitivetech.com/products/speaker/print.php?prod=mythos-xtr-ssa3

A Defintive Technology SOUNDBAR with 3-3.5" drivers rated low end response 60 Hz.

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

called that fool out days ago, Arin.

"it's the 'Merican way" ... "Other than political posturing favoring" ... "I'm just looking for a cheap subwoofer for my bedroom"..." For what it's worth, my custom built system was built on 24 dB (4th order) slopes."

why not make your own? or buy..."That new Sony HTCT260 soundbar from Amazon is looking better and better. Amazon's service and return policy is second to none."

Either way I'd wish he/she would shut his/her cake hole. I'm tired of hearing how smart they are. And I even stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.* Furthermore, akin to the other Wooter that took Carnegie Mellon hall courses in customer service (or something like that) I had melon with my lunch so I too feel I can speak on the issue for all of the melon eating Pinnacle buying Wooters on this issue. Both of us. Zip it Blipper.

*I really didn't but I wanted to sound smart and I didn't know how else to challenge the Pinnacle engineers with decibels, sub-microbes, flux capacitors, gigawatts and that sort of thing. Forgive me.

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Mr/MS Blipper seems to us to be just a troll.

perrindr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perrindr

Got a question for the Woot staff. I'm one of those who purchased the Samsung HW-E450 soundbar a few days ago and when it arrived mine was the one where the subwoofer cord was cut in two and neatly packed at the other end of the box. When I went to Woot Customer Support to get a replacement they said none was available and I would just have to return it to them (and that was the day before yesterday.) Now I see the same item being offered again and there does seem to be soundbars available. What's up, guys with the scripts being used by customer support?

ibbleschitz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ibbleschitz
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Well, here goes the real answer. Not sure you can handle it: It is common knowledge that the best speakers are from dedicated speaker companies either American or European brands. In fact the Japanese themselves are so aware of this fact that one major Japanese brand approached Pinnacle in
1999-2004 to design, manufacture and produce all their USA products cause they themselves knew they were not up to the task. Some companies excel at certain things, and anyone who knows anything about real Audio Speakers knows the Japanese mega-electronic conglomerates make the McDonalds hamburgers of Loudspeakers. Yet McDonalds sells lots of burgers and no one gets sick.I like McDonald's. They do some things well. But they do not make great food. They know that! And even the Japanese themselves know what they excel at and what they do not. I am not aware of a single Japanese speaker product that sells for over $1,000 or has any serious INDUSTRY reviews. But, you may know best. Maybe you can enlighten us old thinking Audio folk stuck in the genre of the 70's, 80's, 90's and point out some really serious high end quality music/theater speakers from a Japanese label to the WOOT audience for our testing and education. We grew up with and competed in the market with respected names such as Polk, Paradigm, Celestian, Boston Acoustics, Definitive Technology,B&W, Klipsch, Energy, Mirage, Altek Lansing, Cewin Vega and the legends of Speaker Brands. And yet, in our 37 year history Only Pinnacle stands alone vs all the above mentioned names as the only independently owned and operated USA Speaker company. All the above companies were either sold or bankrupted. HMMMMMMMMMMMM maybe those Pinnacle people know a thing or 2? Maybe?

arin, I know of one speaker that is japanese and most excellent, it is also out of production the Yamaha NS10-M I had a roommate with a pair and they were indeed fantastic, and at the time most albums on the Bilboard top 100 were mixed while using those exact speakers. but as far as the other Japanese brands for speakers, you are absolutely correct, my 20+ year old Technics speakers are just O.K. but when you have elementary school kids you don't want them poking the cones of the good stuff. :-) you do seem to be a very happy and polite person, and congradulations on dealing with badger badger badgers with grace.

cricky101

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cricky101

Well this thread is quite the cluster #### ....

Anyone have experience with the Onkyo HT-RC560 7.2 receiver? I've got an older Onkyo I've had five years or so that still works fine, but I like the idea of bluetooth and wifi capabilities in this model; and may want to move to 7.2 (current model is 5.1).

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller
blipper67 wrote:Blah, blah, blah...

Wow, you really might be the most annoying person I've ever seen on a forum (or anywhere for that matter) in my life.

You must either work for a [bitter] rival speaker manufacturer or be a disgruntled x-employee of Pinnacle to shower them with so much unkindness.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

sk8terdudest989

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sk8terdudest989

The Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-ray Disc Player is probably the cheapest SACD player with DSD output you can find. You have to go into the menu to turn DSD output on though (HDMI output only) otherwise it converts it to PCM.

Pretty sure 99% of the public either doesn't know of or has given up on SACD but it's a feature nonetheless that it has for those that are interested. They are still making new SACDs.

Danielleb32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Danielleb32

I read through all the mess with the trolls and I have a question about Audio Solutions TVAM2.1 Flat Panel 2.1-Channel Audio HDTV Mount that I don't see mentioned at all.

Does anyone have it? Is it ok? I'm not an audiophile. I just like to be able to hear the television AND I want it up off the wall. I don't care if it's real subs or whatever -- does anyone know if it's decent?

cycokiller

Danielleb32 wrote:I read through all the mess with the trolls and I have a question about Audio Solutions TVAM2.1 Flat Panel 2.1-Channel Audio HDTV Mount that I don't see mentioned at all.

Does anyone have it? Is it ok? I'm not an audiophile. I just like to be able to hear the television AND I want it up off the wall. I don't care if it's real subs or whatever -- does anyone know if it's decent?

Some of my old posts about it:

http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5388974&pageindex=1&replycount=12#post5389968

http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5472395&pageindex=1&replycount=6#post5478348

pinnaclespeakers

ibbleschitz wrote:arin, I know of one speaker that is japanese and most excellent, it is also out of production the Yamaha NS10-M I had a roommate with a pair and they were indeed fantastic, and at the time most albums on the Bilboard top 100 were mixed while using those exact speakers. but as far as the other Japanese brands for speakers, you are absolutely correct, my 20+ year old Technics speakers are just O.K. but when you have elementary school kids you don't want them poking the cones of the good stuff. :-) you do seem to be a very happy and polite person, and congradulations on dealing with badger badger badgers with grace.

Thank you. I really enjoy 99.99% of you wooters. You are savy consumers, ask great questions, have a good sense of humor and at the core are good folk. I asked some people around here who are a little older than me, and they agree, back in the day, YAMAHA did make some fine speakers.

pinnaclespeakers

vanevenhoven wrote:called that fool out days ago, Arin.

"it's the 'Merican way" ... "Other than political posturing favoring" ... "I'm just looking for a cheap subwoofer for my bedroom"..." For what it's worth, my custom built system was built on 24 dB (4th order) slopes."

why not make your own? or buy..."That new Sony HTCT260 soundbar from Amazon is looking better and better. Amazon's service and return policy is second to none."

Either way I'd wish he/she would shut his/her cake hole. I'm tired of hearing how smart they are. And I even stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.* Furthermore, akin to the other Wooter that took Carnegie Mellon hall courses in customer service (or something like that) I had melon with my lunch so I too feel I can speak on the issue for all of the melon eating Pinnacle buying Wooters on this issue. Both of us. Zip it Blipper.

*I really didn't but I wanted to sound smart and I didn't know how else to challenge the Pinnacle engineers with decibels, sub-microbes, flux capacitors, gigawatts and that sort of thing. Forgive me.

Vanevanhoven you are a riot!

cycokiller

ibbleschitz wrote:I know of one speaker that is japanese and most excellent, it is also out of production the Yamaha NS10-M

I read up on those.. I get the impression that they were only popular with the studio guys, not because they sounded good, but because they reproduced certain frequencies better than other studio monitors. And they weren't ported, so they didn't suffer much distortion from the bass frequencies.

So if they could get the music to sound good on them, they knew that it would sound good on just about any other speaker out there.

I don't think they were actually that great of a speaker in general. And they certainly didn't have a large consumer following.

Either way, it was interesting reading about their history.

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

Cricky: today's Amazon's Deal of the Day is a Onkyo 7.2 - the Onkyo TX-NR818 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver (Black)for $649. 4/5 stars. linky

cricky101 wrote:Well this thread is quite the cluster #### ....

Anyone have experience with the Onkyo HT-RC560 7.2 receiver? I've got an older Onkyo I've had five years or so that still works fine, but I like the idea of bluetooth and wifi capabilities in this model; and may want to move to 7.2 (current model is 5.1).

pinnaclespeakers

Hi Woot Community. Arin with Pinnacle Speakers here (again). Many of you ask good questions about best combinations of products for putting together either a Home Theater System or a SOUNDBAR SYSTEM for the flat panel TV. So, I am going to give you some easy pre-matched combinations, sort of like ordering a meal at a fast food restaurant by #.

SMALL FOOTPRINT, HIGH PERFORMANCEHOME THEATER SYSTEMS:

MB 9500+ and MB 11500+ which we have assembled as high performance small footprint theater systems for rooms up to 400 square '. Front, rear, center and subwoofer all in 1 BOX along with high quality MONSTER CABLE Wire. These systems are beautiful piano laquer finish

SPEAKERBAR HOME THEATER SYSTEM when Music listening is 50% or more of your entertaiment:

QP9W SPEAKERBAR
BABY BOOMER SUBWOOFER
2 SFITCTR (LCR) rear

Substitute PSSUB 225 SUBWOOFER if mostly using for Home Theater.

AUDIO 5.1 or 7.1 Receiver is necessary.

PINNACLE SPEAKERS RECOMMENDS Onkyo. The unit in this promo is excellent, if you want the opinion of a dedicated Speaker manufacturer. And the Sony receiver at that price is a true bargain.

TOWER HOME THEATER SYSTEM:

2 SFITTWR1050 FRONT
1 SFITCT 350 Center, Timbre matched to towers
2 SFITCTR 350 (as rear channel)
1 Baby Boomer for 300 square' rooms or lotsof great music listening.
PSSUB 225 I large room or mostly Movie or games.

SOUNDBARS: For the thin TV that has little or no sound quality:

BEST SOUNDBAR OPTION: QP9W PWRBR

GREAT SOUNDBAR MUSIC/MOVIE SYSTEM:: Add a Powered Subwoofer, BABY BOOMER is best.

SOUNDBAR SYSTEM: FRONT ROWSYS8210
Far better than the basic TV and incredibly easy to install. Includes Wireless powered subwoofer. Excellent for most people, audiophiles and serious listeners or loud music players get the QP9W PWRBR + SUB

FRONTROWPBAR 6200 SOUNDBAR(NO ADIO RECEIVER NEEDED)............Will replace and then some all that TV sound that was stripped out of the beautiful, but super thin TV.

I hope all this information helps (not confuses)

A-LA-CARTE: That is self explanatory I would think

Sorry for Typos!

blipper67

Called out what "fool"? You were quickly corrected and countered regarding your twisted business logic:

lorenzodemedici wrote:I don't keep up with the latest stuff and I don't know if AVS Forum is widely read or not.

It's one of the biggest and most widely followed with hundreds of posts and threads every day. If you need ANY audiophile or videophile help, AVS is the place to go. I was just about to pull the trigger on a Pinnacle soundbar but after doing a little reading and testing "Customer Service" with a phone call, I'm not so sure.

If you spend a few hundred bucks on bargain priced speakers, don't go looking for customer service. What you got is what you got. Be realistic.

Excuse me? I expect customer service whether I'm buying a set of Libby glasses, a car or a $3,000 tux. To put it nicely, I guess we have different expectations regarding value and service.

Who are you gonna turn to if your Pinnacle unit goes down and you can't get satisfactory compensation or service? A 7 year warranty means nothing if you don't have support, it only serves as a marketing gimmick. That doesn't mean waiting for a month or so to receive service, if it ever comes.

Call them up, ask for Sales, see if you get a call back.

Listen to this cry for help:

I really don't have anywhere to turn but here to warn people about this product. It's been 4-5 weeks since purchase and I am still working on getting the correct product. Wrong speakers showed up ( I really think this was a bait and switch) and then when they finally replaced the wrong speakers one showed up damaged. On pace to show up 3.6.13, over a week later than promised. . . .

For what I spent, even at a woot price, I would expect a little more support. God forbid if anything ever happens to my system, who will be there to help. . . . so, if you found this review please head my warning...

http://moofi.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5313430&pageindex=4&replycount=136
Nice try, fool.

FAIL

todavidjensen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages todavidjensen
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hello Woot Community. This is Arin with Pinnacle Speakers, customer support Team leader. I will be here to assisit you with any and all questions.

Pinnacle is a USA based family owned and operated company. Celebrating our 37th years, since 1976, we are famous for superb product and superior value. We pride ourselves in old fashioned, personal customer service. I have been here for 8 of the 37 years and I am sure I can answer most any question. No question is a bad question. Thanks.

I got a thin Pinnacle soundbar that actually sounds worse than the speakers it is supposed to replace. Can I exchange it for something else?
David

blipper67

todavidjensen wrote:I got a thin Pinnacle soundbar that actually sounds worse than the speakers it is supposed to replace. Can I exchange it for something else?
David

What model?

timerider

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timerider

I remember seeing those binoculars on Engadget a few years ago. They looked cool but cost a fortune.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

only on woot are we told to respect vendors but they're allowed to call us a troll.

I always did like yardsales.

blipper67

luke975 wrote:only on woot are we told to respect vendors but they're allowed to call us a troll.

Yeppers. I thought respect went both ways? I got attacked by this Pinnacle rep and his gang banging buddies for presenting what was the obvious. You're supposed to blindly BUY, not ask questions about the design and components ya know.

No worries..... I just pulled the trigger on a new LG Electronics NB3530A Sound Bar with wireless sub from Amazon. Shipped to my door for $216.49! No hassle return policy, loaded with goodies. Yah sah!

bluescreenofwin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bluescreenofwin

Don't feed the trolls folks. Just let them project and be angry.

todavidjensen

blipper67 wrote:What model?

pb6200

todavidjensen

PINNACLE PBAR 6200

I purchase the Pinnacle sound bar several months ago and it was one of the worst sounding things I have ever purchased. I got it to replace the horrid speakers on my LED TV but it actually managed to sound worse which I didn't think was possible. I even sent multiple messages to

blipper67

todavidjensen wrote:PINNACLE PBAR 6200

I purchase the Pinnacle sound bar several months ago and it was one of the worst sounding things I have ever purchased. I got it to replace the horrid speakers on my LED TV but it actually managed to sound worse which I didn't think was possible. I even sent multiple messages to

Either you didn't finish or the Woot Thought Police "finished" your post for you LOL. Interesting as it looks like the same soundbar as the Sys8210 only without the woofer.

Just got in the LG NB3530A. What a fine soundbar (with wireless sub). Listed new on Amazon for $199 shipped and Amazon has a first rate return policy.

Good luck!

blipper67

bluescreenofwin wrote:Don't feed the trolls folks. Just let them project and be angry.

What? You don't agree with the Law of Physics? You can find it down at your county courthouse.

kavinmehta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kavinmehta

I bought the Onkyo HT-RC560 ... it conked out the very first time i connected all my speakers, had to drop it to an authorized repair shop who was a jerk as well. What a waste of time and money.