WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pet Containment & Safety Products

Your pet THINKS they want to join you anywhere, but what if you're going somewhere loud? Or somewhere wet? Or somewhere with gorillas? Your cat doesn't want to be a gorilla's pet! Leave them at home, safely, and you can pet them when you're back.

msharib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msharib

These are all listed as "Pet Gates". Is there any reason these should NOT be used as a baby gate?

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

One more vote for my Wooted tower Vornado fan which is a phenomenal cat training device. They used to scratch the screen to get in and out of our bedroom. A few times using the Vornado with its included remote to spook their naughty ways and they are now politely respectful of this doorway and the black beast that guards it. I'm afraid all these gates would be quite fruitless for them as they would merely jump them. Now - with the Vornado, perhaps even that could be dissuaded. *maniacal laughter*

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy
msharib wrote:These are all listed as "Pet Gates". Is there any reason these should NOT be used as a baby gate?

I doubt it. Most of the baby gates I looked at when my daughter was born looked exactly like this, and many had a dual description of pet/baby gate. The only thing I can think of it checking the attachment points because a toddler is going to probably be a lot more forceful when banging/climbing/ramming into the gate than a dog, unless it's a very big aggressive dog.

usasia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usasia

i would like to get info on thex extra Wide Maxi Pet Gate 1210PW. my opening area is 52" from left to right. will it fit ? how will it expand ?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

usasia wrote:i would like to get info on thex extra Wide Maxi Pet Gate 1210PW. my opening area is 52" from left to right. will it fit ? how will it expand ?

Features say:

Expands from 37 to 60 inches to accommodate extra wide openings all around the house

Looks like it should fit. If you zoom in to the first picture and look to the right of the dog, you'll see where the sections overlap. I'm assuming you adjust that overlap to the size you need.

Found the manual.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

theco2

quality posts: 85 Private Messages theco2

There is a big difference between baby gates and pet gates. When you buy a gate for a baby, it's a baby gate. If you buy the exact same gate, for a pet, it's a pet gate.

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2
msharib wrote:These are all listed as "Pet Gates". Is there any reason these should NOT be used as a baby gate?

The little door on the bottom of some of these models aren't baby proof. A kid could easily manipulate the door and get free.

that was fun while it lasted!

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

The pictures with the cat smugly walking through the small door in the gates as the dogs look on made me smile.

amberrosie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amberrosie

This sale should have been called Dog Torture Devices clearly.

msalzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msalzer
usasia wrote:i would like to get info on thex extra Wide Maxi Pet Gate 1210PW. my opening area is 52" from left to right. will it fit ? how will it expand ?

I have used one for the last 6+ years to contain 3 Jacks & an Airedale between the kitchen & the rest of the house. Expands well, tightens down. The only issue maybe that it has some give the larger it is expanded so it is real important to tighten it down securely. There should be "cups" to help secure the sides where they meet the wall which are a great help in the process. I love mine, dogs, not so much

honeybee829

quality posts: 2 Private Messages honeybee829

Darn!

Was hoping for doggy car seats!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Why a cat gate? Cats can easily jump a dog gate.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

anakin876

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anakin876
dontwantaname wrote:Why a cat gate? Cats can easily jump a dog gate.

One of my cats jumps our gates, the other does not. It seems to depend a lot on the cat.

EricPost

quality posts: 3 Private Messages EricPost

Pet Containment? Why not cut the PC stuff and call it what it really is...Doggie jail...:o)

pamtha

quality posts: 14 Private Messages pamtha
dontwantaname wrote:Why a cat gate? Cats can easily jump a dog gate.

Elderly or overweight cats can't jump. Best purchase I have made in years was one of these gates with the cat door and human gate. Makes laundry time much easier and safer for all.

rttkm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rttkm

Carlson 0680PW Mini Gate....can anyone tell me what the size is of the space between the slats? Want to see if little miss kitty can squeeze through....Thanks!

kmullens324

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmullens324

I bought the extra tall gate and when I went to put it up I found that I need more extensions. Where can I get these from?
Thanks

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kmullens324 wrote:I bought the extra tall gate and when I went to put it up I found that I need more extensions. Where can I get these from?
Thanks

You can check with Carlson Pet Products to see where to buy extensions.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items