quality posts: 3127 Private Messages lichme

Item: Timex Weekender - Your Choice
Price: $14.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

zipykido

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zipykido

I got the white one with red band for $30 on amazon a while ago. These are great watches. I get complimented about it all the time. Great for most events and unassuming so I wear it every day. Although it doesn't have a date or stopwatch feature which would be nice. NATO strap is easy to change if needed. One complaint is that the ticking is very loud. With no ambient noise I can hear it clearly. Beware if you need absolute silence.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

A "Tacky-Meter"???

...sounds about right.

MosquitoControl

quality posts: 19 Private Messages MosquitoControl

I buy these for the face, not the band. It's so easy to find great bands, and at this price I have no issue throwing the Timex one out.

My favorite is the Horween Chromexcel one here: http://formfunctionform.com/product/button-stud-watchband/ $48 and great leather. You can get shell cordovan, too.

Here's a $140 Chromexcel one, if you're into that kind of thing for a $15 watch: http://www.dalucastraps.com/nato-watch-strap-brown-chromexcel-matte-buckle/

Here is a really cool Kangaroo leather watch pad: http://www.natostrap.com/Home/Custom_Straps/Custom_Straps.html

And here are a bunch of simple NATO straps for $3 apiece: http://www.dhgate.com/product/dhgate/164744387.html?utm_source=pla&utm_medium=GMC&utm_campaign=tianrong291&utm_term=164744387&f=bm|164744387|101003-WatchAccessories|GMC|Adwords|pla|tianrong291|US|101003001-WatchBands|c|OSLNBL|&gclid=CPe2iaPDuLkCFY9eQgodrAkAIw

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Good reviews (4.2 out of 5.0) over at amazon

davemeigs5

quality posts: 8 Private Messages davemeigs5

My wrist diameter is 8.5 inches will any of these fit?

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze

You know these are genuine, nobody counterfeits a Timex.

clambaek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clambaek
zipykido wrote:I got the white one with red band for $30 on amazon a while ago. These are great watches. I get complimented about it all the time. Great for most events and unassuming so I wear it every day. Although it doesn't have a date or stopwatch feature which would be nice. NATO strap is easy to change if needed. One complaint is that the ticking is very loud. With no ambient noise I can hear it clearly. Beware if you need absolute silence.

Thanks for the post! Do you know how wide the lugs are? 20mm?

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

Alas, a watch that reminds me of my youth.

These watches shout " W A T C H E S!!" and remind me of the watch i was gifted by my parents in elementary school.

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12

Well.... Let’s see,,,, You can actually read the time on these watches without squinting for 10 minutes trying to decipher a confusing mass of colored shapes,,,, they are also shaped to fit your wrist conformability and have a low profile ..Unlike all the other popular watches sold here that are the size of a dinner plate and weigh as much as a bowling ball……,,, lastly, the price is very reasonable..... "Now, if I apply the logic used so far by the “WATCH GROUPIES” ….. No one buy these …… LOL

zipykido

clambaek wrote:Thanks for the post! Do you know how wide the lugs are? 20mm?

Yes they are 20 mm. Also lugs are spring loaded so it should accept a variety of bands.

elindholm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elindholm
zipykido wrote:One complaint is that the ticking is very loud. With no ambient noise I can hear it clearly. Beware if you need absolute silence.

Noisy is a deal-breaker for me. Thanks for the review; I was leaning toward getting one, but now I know I'd be disappointed.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
davemeigs5 wrote:My wrist diameter is 8.5 inches will any of these fit?

Here's from the specs (and you mean circumference, not diameter):

Colors: Model #: Case Diameter: Case Thickness: Band Material: Band Length: Band Thickness:
Black / Red T2N642 32 mm 9 mm Red leather Up to 7.5 inches 16 mm
Black / Black T2N630 36 mm 10 mm Black nylon Up to 8.5 inches 18 mm
White / Black T2N638 39 mm 10 mm Black leather Up to 8.5 inches 18 mm
Black / Brown T2N636 39 mm 10 mm Brown calf skin Up to 8.5 inches 18 mm
White / Purple T2N648 38 mm 10 mm Purple nylon Up to 7.5 inches 20 mm
Black / Black T2N639 39 mm 10 mm Black leather Up to 8.5 inches 18 mm
White / Brown T2N640 32 mm 9 mm Brown calf skin Up to 7.5 inches 16 mm

so it looks like at least the larger ones should surely fit.

zipykido

elindholm wrote:Noisy is a deal-breaker for me. Thanks for the review; I was leaning toward getting one, but now I know I'd be disappointed.

Yeah it is surprisingly noisy. I usually stick it in a drawer at night. I usually have headphones on during the day so I don't notice as much.

spazzychippy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages spazzychippy

I have a Timex Expedition I got about a month ago from Wally World, and if this thing is even half as loud as the Expedition is, I'd still be annoyed.

To sleep at night, I have to put my expedition across the room wrapped in a small blanket or under a pillow to drown it out...

What bothers me the most is the fact that I can have it on my wrist, arm/wrist under the pillow, blanket on top of pillow, head laying on blanket, and still hear the watch through it.

MosquitoControl

quality posts: 19 Private Messages MosquitoControl
spazzychippy wrote:I have a Timex Expedition I got about a month ago from Wally World, and if this thing is even half as loud as the Expedition is, I'd still be annoyed.

To sleep at night, I have to put my expedition across the room wrapped in a small blanket or under a pillow to drown it out...

What bothers me the most is the fact that I can have it on my wrist, arm/wrist under the pillow, blanket on top of pillow, head laying on blanket, and still hear the watch through it.

Yup. Timex' whole "takes a lickin', keeps on tickin'" slogan means that most of their watches are loud. In HS I would have to put it in the drawer.

Now? As an adult I have way more watches, but I wouldn't think of sleeping in anything other than a digital watch. The band is more comfortable to roll around in and takes less wear-and-tear (and gives less to your bedding), the lights are usually better, and in general it's easier to read them when you half wake up and want to see how much longer you have to sleep.

This is a daytime watch for me, not a nighttime one. And they're easily the most popular Timex out there. Nordstrom sells a variation, J.Crew sells a variation, Banana Republic sells bands, etc.

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12
MosquitoControl wrote:I buy these for the face, not the band. It's so easy to find great bands, and at this price I have no issue throwing the Timex one out.

My favorite is the Horween Chromexcel one here: http://formfunctionform.com/product/button-stud-watchband/ $48 and great leather. You can get shell cordovan, too.

Here's a $140 Chromexcel one, if you're into that kind of thing for a $15 watch: http://www.dalucastraps.com/nato-watch-strap-brown-chromexcel-matte-buckle/

Here is a really cool Kangaroo leather watch pad: http://www.natostrap.com/Home/Custom_Straps/Custom_Straps.html

And here are a bunch of simple NATO straps for $3 apiece: http://www.dhgate.com/product/dhgate/164744387.html?utm_source=pla&utm_medium=GMC&utm_campaign=tianrong291&utm_term=164744387&f=bm|164744387|101003-WatchAccessories|GMC|Adwords|pla|tianrong291|US|101003001-WatchBands|c|OSLNBL|&gclid=CPe2iaPDuLkCFY9eQgodrAkAIw

"THANK YOU" ... for this great information with "LINKS" ......

chidori

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chidori

Any way to ship one to Australia I really want to buy one!

EricPost

quality posts: 3 Private Messages EricPost

I see they have Indiglo, anyone know which ones have the hands that glow and which ones you have to press a button to see at night?

I prefer the ones that glow.

Thanks

boyneboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boyneboy

Indiglo on any of these?

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 38 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

Awesome watches

They all have Indiglo, you have to press the side button for it to light. The hands don't glow, not on the white faced ones anyway. Not sure about the black faced ones.

T2N654 is the one to have in my opinion. They don't have that one here but you can get it for $28 on Amazon. With free shipping, that's like $23 on Woot, so really only $8 more ($15+$8=$23). The most popular NATO band styles are 651 (for the real military guys and gals), 654, 649, and 747.

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 38 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
jayrandom wrote:
I was considering these watches, but the price isn't quite good enough for me to pull the trigger on something I might want but am not positive about.

Half price isn't good enough? If you go to a brick and mortar jewelry store, some jerk will charge you $15 just to change your watch battery.

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge

Anybody ever use a tachymeter for either speed or distance?

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

jayrandom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayrandom
lorenzodemedici wrote:Half price isn't good enough? If you go to a brick and mortar jewelry store, some jerk will charge you $15 just to change your watch battery.

Half off would be good enough, but it's not really half off of anything.

Here it is on Amazon for $26.59:

http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T2N647-Weekender-Watch-Black/dp/B004VR9GCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378553886&sr=8-1&keywords=timex+weekender

Woot Price i $14.99.

Amazon total price = $26.59
Woot total price = $19.99

($26.59-$19.99)/$26.59 = 25%

And for that 25% discount, I have to purchase TODAY and can't return it if I decide I don't like it. 25% is a pretty good deal, but like I said, not good enough for me to pull the trigger. I may still buy it, but I definitely have to think about it longer.

zgrav

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zgrav
jayrandom wrote:Half off would be good enough, but it's not really half off of anything.

Amazon total price = $26.59
Woot total price = $19.99

($26.59-$19.99)/$26.59 = 25%

And for that 25% discount, I have to purchase TODAY and can't return it if I decide I don't like it. 25% is a pretty good deal, but like I said, not good enough for me to pull the trigger. I may still buy it, but I definitely have to think about it longer.

The relative cost of this deal improves significantly if you order three to drop the shipping price per item by two-thirds. Then you would have one watch for each arm, and a spare in case you grow another limb.

Zgrav

kayakernc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kayakernc

The pictures appear to show a date feature on the White/Black, Black/Brown, and Black/Black watches. But no mention of this in the Features or Specs.

megpisc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megpisc

which of these watches are women's watches? I have a very small wrist and a men's watch definitely won't fit me... don't want to accidentally buy the wrong one!

sensenigk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sensenigk
kayakernc wrote:The pictures appear to show a date feature on the White/Black, Black/Brown, and Black/Black watches. But no mention of this in the Features or Specs.

Now THIS is what's killing me about Woot: the errors, omissions, and discrepancies in the listings.

It's not very new, but it's definitely worse since Amazon time. A mistake from a tiny company was understandable, and Woot would apologize out the wazoo and do things like offer to cancel orders for people who clicked before the correct info was listed. But now it's a HUGENORMOUS company, and the attitude is "oh yeah, a mistake, whatevs."

Three different styles of watch here are being called "white" (or "black") with no comment on how the tachymeter, date, hands and numbers are different. If the products are that different, do not call them all "white"! Use the damn product numbers! Why should I have to scrutinize the pictures -- which is the only place that shows the differences -- to realize that if I buy white/purple web, I'm not getting the white watch face shown in the main picture with a purple web band?

ZebTheCalvinist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ZebTheCalvinist
davemeigs5 wrote:My wrist diameter is 8.5 inches will any of these fit?

They'll probably fit, but they are very small watches, so they might look a bit "delicate" on your wrist. They're too small for my taste. They are marketed as being "unisex" for the most part, but they really are closer to most women's watches in size.

ventifact

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ventifact

Here's some pretty straight tachymeter info.
It's also useful to mark parking meter time.

--Don't look at the sun.

ZebTheCalvinist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ZebTheCalvinist
clambaek wrote:Thanks for the post! Do you know how wide the lugs are? 20mm?

They are 20MM lugs, and will take thicker leather NATO bands fine.

Juuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Juuminator

I was thinking about purchasing the White with Brown Calf skin but there is no picture of it! How am I supposed to be ok buying it if I cant see it

tunesmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tunesmith

If I buy three, can it be three different watches, or does it have to be three of the same watch?

shadowknight125

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125

I have two of the weekender series; a leather banded one and one with a a steel band. I really like them and both are just great low profile everyday watches. The one caveat I have is they tick really loud. As in loud enough that I put them in a drawer at night

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
Juuminator wrote:I was thinking about purchasing the White with Brown Calf skin but there is no picture of it! How am I supposed to be ok buying it if I cant see it

Well I would assume it is the one that is mislabeled as "White w/White Calf Skin" but you never know for sure.

And by the way, this model is listed as a "women's watch" when I Google it.

UPDATE: It has now been corrected to say "White w/Brown Calf Skin".

mm2011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mm2011

Any idea what watches intended for women or men?

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
mm2011 wrote:Any idea what watches intended for women or men?

Find the model and Google it. The one I was looking at turned out to be a women's watch for whatever that means.

UPDATE: Well for example, model T2N642 is listed as a women's watch with a "pink" band on Newegg while here it is listed as a "red" band.

mm2011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mm2011

The one my wife liked is men's watch (Timex Weekender T2N639)

escalante wrote:Find the model and Google it. The one I was looking at turned out to be a women's watch for whatever that means.

UPDATE: Well for example, model T2N642 is listed as a women's watch with a "pink" band on Newegg while here it is listed as a "red" band.