wootnessless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootnessless

I might never wear a watch again since my iphone is always in my pocket. But, I was looking up where the word watch came from and found out something else about analog watches. You can use them to find north or south. Seriously. http://www.drstyle.me/

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Hey guys- Let's try and keep the comments on the topic of watches. I don't want to HAVE to do any housekeeping today. I understand your feelings, and but we have World of Woot and Everything But Woot for you guys to chat about things like this.

Additionally, I've sent an email to the buyer to hopefully clear up some of the details about men's v. women's watches. I'll update my post when I have more info.

UPDATE: Sooo... It seems that these watches are generally labeled as unisex, but the smaller faces of the T2N642 and T2N640 is often marked a women’s model online. 32mm is the size Rolex first starts making men’s watches in.

Also from the buyer:
**One caption was incorrect. It said “White w/ White Calf Skin” but should have been “White w/ Brown Calf Skin.” It’s been corrected.
**There’s debate over Newegg calling the one strap “pink.” Timex didn’t label it anything, but it’s called Red, Pink, Rose and Burgundy around the web. The picture is true to color.

Hope this helps, guys!!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

Wootelicious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wootelicious

I was excited to see analog style Timex watches for sale.

Then I remembered: It's not 1985.

irregardlessly

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irregardlessly

I own one. Basically the perfect watch EXCEPT very loud ticking. I own like 15 watches and this is by far the loudest. Louder than the cheap chinese $8 Infantry watch I bought on ebay.

roomdeerc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roomdeerc

Is there a way to order 2 watches in different colors on the same order?

clareeliz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clareeliz
megpisc wrote:which of these watches are women's watches? I have a very small wrist and a men's watch definitely won't fit me... don't want to accidentally buy the wrong one!

I'm guessing that those with the 71/2 inch band are the womens' styles, and I felt good enough about that to order one. I got the black w/red leather strap--there's also a black w/black strap and a white w/purple strap. There actually ARE photos of all of them to the right of the main picture on the woot home page. Indiglo is a great feature, and I don't care if it ticks loudly unless it worries someone at an airport.

clareeliz

sensenigk wrote:Now THIS is what's killing me about Woot: the errors, omissions, and discrepancies in the listings.

It's not very new, but it's definitely worse since Amazon time. A mistake from a tiny company was understandable, and Woot would apologize out the wazoo and do things like offer to cancel orders for people who clicked before the correct info was listed. But now it's a HUGENORMOUS company, and the attitude is "oh yeah, a mistake, whatevs."

Three different styles of watch here are being called "white" (or "black") with no comment on how the tachymeter, date, hands and numbers are different. If the products are that different, do not call them all "white"! Use the damn product numbers! Why should I have to scrutinize the pictures -- which is the only place that shows the differences -- to realize that if I buy white/purple web, I'm not getting the white watch face shown in the main picture with a purple web band?

Try clicking on the pic of the two watches on the home page. Takes you to a page with that picture and little pictures of all styles on the far right of the page. Click on them, voila, you see the watches. You may have to use your brain a little to figure out which one is, say, black face with red band, but it's not too much of a strain for most peeps.

clareeliz

mm2011 wrote:Any idea what watches intended for women or men?

I assumed that the three with the 7 1/2 inch bands would be more the womens' styles, and I assumed it strongly enough that I bought one. That gives you three choices--black w/ red leather and a couple of others. If you click on the picture on the woot home page it will take you to another page where you can see pics of all of them at far right.

shadowknight125

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125
Wootelicious wrote:I was excited to see analog style Timex watches for sale.

Speak for yourself, I love having an analog watch over a digital one. The only reason I own a digital watch is to wear when I work with patients because its easier to disinfect and I don't care if I have to throw it away.

roomdeerc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roomdeerc
roomdeerc wrote:Is there a way to order 2 watches in different colors on the same order?

Nevermind - once the coffee kicked in I figured it out.

clareeliz

Juuminator wrote:I was thinking about purchasing the White with Brown Calf skin but there is no picture of it! How am I supposed to be ok buying it if I cant see it

There are pictures of ALL of them. Click on the pic of two on the woot home page. It will take you to another page where diff. styles are at far right.

BSquared6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BSquared6

I own the white face, purple strap. Bought from Target a couple years ago. Love the watch. Wear it everyday and it just got it's first scratch (it got hit really hard by a metal object). The ticking is loud, but I only hear it if I accidentally leave it on my bedside table at night, doesn't bother me any other time. Would highly recommend. Been wanting a leather strapped one...may have to jump on it myself.

renais

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renais
megpisc wrote:which of these watches are women's watches? I have a very small wrist and a men's watch definitely won't fit me... don't want to accidentally buy the wrong one!

----
I want a women's watch but these are all too big--even though I don't favor really tiny watches. I recently bought the T2N632, called unisex by Woot but turned out to be a men's watch. Overwhelming on my small wrist so I gave it away. That one's case diameter was 36 mm. The smallest ones here are 32 mm (check the specs tab), and now I know that even those are a bit too large for me. Best thing is to measure an old watch to be sure.

powermatt

quality posts: 8 Private Messages powermatt
geo8rge wrote:Anybody ever use a tachymeter for either speed or distance?

I've got a Victorinox that has a tachymeter. It's surprisingly useful once you learn how to read one. One weakness is that it's not useful for anything that takes less than ten seconds or more than a minute.

garrusgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garrusgirl
sensenigk wrote:Now THIS is what's killing me about Woot: the errors, omissions, and discrepancies in the listings.

Three different styles of watch here are being called "white" (or "black") with no comment on how the tachymeter, date, hands and numbers are different. If the products are that different, do not call them all "white"! Use the damn product numbers! Why should I have to scrutinize the pictures -- which is the only place that shows the differences -- to realize that if I buy white/purple web, I'm not getting the white watch face shown in the main picture with a purple web band?

I second this; I almost ordered two until seeing that the back or buckle view of the "black nylon" shows a Genuine Leather stamp inside the band with black on the outside. Perhaps a picture post error- why line nylon with leather?- but item numbers or accurate info would help.

MosquitoControl

quality posts: 14 Private Messages MosquitoControl
garrusgirl wrote:I second this; I almost ordered two until seeing that the back or buckle view of the "black nylon" shows a Genuine Leather stamp inside the band with black on the outside. Perhaps a picture post error- why line nylon with leather?- but item numbers or accurate info would help.

The numbers are in the specs tab, and if you look at the front of the Black Nylon one, you can see the nylon strap lined with leather.

Timex probably lines it with leather because it's a rougher nylon, maybe? But it's definitely nylon lined with leather.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Seeking clarification.....ALL these watches offered today have an infernally loud ticking?

I don't want a watch whose tickings interfere with my concentration (or sleep).

(But...I must admit....if the ticking is REALLY quite loud--as in at least half "60 minutes" intro loud)--I can see it being an advantage in some very specific work or home situations, i.e. negotiations where the other person is already feeling more anxiety or pressure....)

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

gty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gty
davemeigs5 wrote:My wrist diameter is 8.5 inches will any of these fit?

Very unlikely for a human... ;-)

perhaps you meant that the circumference is 8.5 inches?

acrizer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acrizer
Wootelicious wrote:I was excited to see analog style Timex watches for sale.

In '85, we cool kids were wearing digital watches. My g-shock was immortal.

mrbobrichey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrbobrichey
davemeigs5 wrote:My wrist diameter is 8.5 inches will any of these fit?

That'a about the same as mine and the Black with black strap just barely fits on me. I hope the leather stretches a little.

adamkaufman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamkaufman

I pulled the tab out of the watch when it arrived today and it doesn't work. Am I missing something? Dead battery?

bmwcca1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmwcca1

My watches arrived today (yeah, I thought I'd get two) and the watch boxes were shipped loose in flimsy cardboard box that was crushed by FedEx. There was no packing material to protect the watch boxes and nothing to separate them or to keep them from flopping around in the shipping box. The watch boxes were also smooshed and one watch's stem was broken off rattling around in the box. Is this some sneaky way for Woot to test the "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking" claim? I am not amused. In fact I'm insulted that anyone would even think to ship a watch, any watch, or anything, in this sloppy a manner. Sure, it's just a $15 watch but have some pride in your work. I'm about as mad as I've ever been and over a $35 order that appears now to have been a big mistake. I can't believe how carelessly this was handled and I can only hope Woot's customer service can surpass their shipping department's performance!

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

bmwcca1 wrote:My watches arrived today (yeah, I thought I'd get two) and the watch boxes were shipped loose in flimsy cardboard box that was crushed by FedEx. There was no packing material to protect the watch boxes and nothing to separate them or to keep them from flopping around in the shipping box. The watch boxes were also smooshed and one watch's stem was broken off rattling around in the box. Is this some sneaky way for Woot to test the "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking" claim? I am not amused. In fact I'm insulted that anyone would even think to ship a watch, any watch, or anything, in this sloppy a manner. Sure, it's just a $15 watch but have some pride in your work. I'm about as mad as I've ever been and over a $35 order that appears now to have been a big mistake. I can't believe how carelessly this was handled and I can only hope Woot's customer service can surpass their shipping department's performance!

I certainly understand your frustration! Have you emailed in to Woot Member Services yet? They can go over your options and get you taken care of. Just be sure to include your order number and user name for quicker service. support@woot.com

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

BoredOOMM

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BoredOOMM

It took a long time to ship one of the TN2639 Black/Black. I had sent a message asking to cancel and amazing it was whizzed out then. Very bad response Woot Customer Service!!

It arrived in the same described flimsy box. (K-cups are shipped in more sturdy boxes!) The black leather looks really distressed and looks actually gray instead of Black. How long did this sit on a shelf before being sold?!? I should have went direct to Amazon.

bmwcca1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmwcca1
manhandsha wrote:I certainly understand your frustration! Have you emailed in to Woot Member Services yet? They can go over your options and get you taken care of. Just be sure to include your order number and user name for quicker service. support@woot.com

Done all that. Still waiting for a reply, but it is the weekend.

bforsyth1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bforsyth1
bmwcca1 wrote:My watches arrived today (yeah, I thought I'd get two) and the watch boxes were shipped loose in flimsy cardboard box that was crushed by FedEx. There was no packing material to protect the watch boxes and nothing to separate them or to keep them from flopping around in the shipping box. The watch boxes were also smooshed and one watch's stem was broken off rattling around in the box. Is this some sneaky way for Woot to test the "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking" claim? I am not amused. In fact I'm insulted that anyone would even think to ship a watch, any watch, or anything, in this sloppy a manner. Sure, it's just a $15 watch but have some pride in your work. I'm about as mad as I've ever been and over a $35 order that appears now to have been a big mistake. I can't believe how carelessly this was handled and I can only hope Woot's customer service can surpass their shipping department's performance!

The exact same thing happened to me, I am about to request a replacement.

nathans4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nathans4

Mine came with a scratch on the face right out of the box. I don't think it happened during shipping, but it was also poorly packaged.

BoredOOMM

Ugh! The stem fell out of my watch when I was taking a nap yesterday.

Soft sheets and pillows are no match for this watch.

They used to take a lickin,
With wrong time, it is now still ticking.

Hoping RMA request solves this under Woot 90 day Warranty, so I can participate in the next WootOff!.http://www.woot.com/warranty

edit.... rma@woot.com is a dead address....

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

rma@woot.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain woot.com by smtp-fw-33001.amazon.com. [207.171.189.228].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

@BoredOOMM: We no longer use that address. Email support@woot.com.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

BoredOOMM

ThunderThighs wrote:@BoredOOMM: We no longer use that address. Email support@woot.com.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I emailed using the Contact Us links at 1:34 PM on 12/10/13. No response to the following.

Case #CAS-518876-Q3V2X3

Is there a way to contact a real person, or did Amazon take that away as well?

mrbobrichey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrbobrichey

It's a TIMEX!
Mine is definitely not to loud, I can hear it ticking if I put it to my ear and that's a good thing.
I have a big wrist and it fits on the last hole.
It keeps good time.
It's a TIMEX!