radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn
buffaloed wrote:Open settings, About Device, tap update, or make sure you have update automatically checked. It will download and install the update.

Gracias

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

brainofkjf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brainofkjf

I bought the 7" last time at the same $129.99. Love it, Love it, LOVE it! Easy to use, light weight, portable, handled all the apps I loaded onto it and takes nice pictures. My biggest problem with it? Getting my husband to give it up so that I can use it. I recently found it brand new on clearance at Costco for $159.99 and I bought one so I wouldn't have to share! Loaned the refurb to my tech challenged Mom for a recent trip and she loved it too. May need to get another!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn
buffaloed wrote:Open settings, About Device, tap update, or make sure you have update automatically checked. It will download and install the update.

Now this is interesting: Even though I had checked off "automatic update," it did not update automatically!

I found there was one available when I clicked on "check for updates."

Those who assume that their units are updating automatically may wish to check that!

Perhaps the update is to fix the update process? ;)

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

frenat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frenat
lummer5000 wrote:I have one of the 7" models, and I like it a lot.
Just this past week, Samsung pushed out an upgrade to Android 4.2.2

I also have the 7". Best thing about that upgrade is now it lets you move apps to your SD card. I can install more games now!

MikeekiM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikeekiM

What is the difference between a 10" Samsung Note Tablet, and a 10" Samsung Tab Tablet?

Why does Samsung have two product lines for tablets? Is there a specific market that each product line is chasing after?

ejeon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejeon
MikeekiM wrote:What is the difference between a 10" Samsung Note Tablet, and a 10" Samsung Tab Tablet?

Why does Samsung have two product lines for tablets? Is there a specific market that each product line is chasing after?

The Note 10 replaced the Tab 10.1 offered here. It runs a later version of Android, has more integrated app support, more processing power, and has a fine-point stylus with all kinds of newer functionality.

Edit: after looking at the Samsung site, I discovered that they have in fact rolled out a "Tab 3" line in addition to the "Note" series. So you're right, they ARE running two lines side-by-side. The Notes are equipped with faster quad-core processors, and have the added functionality of the S-pen, along with other bells and whistles, like being able to run multiple apps at once on the same screen. I guess they're trying to capture all of the price points instead of going with one high-end model.
/edit

Also, for anyone thinking of buying the 7" offered here, I'd recommend seeing if you can find a 7.0 Plus instead for less money. In my experience, it's a better piece of hardware, even though it's slightly older.

RagZz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RagZz

My girl likes playing a lot of games on facebook. Would this be a problem since some of them are Adobe Flash based?

Pickles and Beer!!!!!

buffaloed

quality posts: 28 Private Messages buffaloed
radi0j0hn wrote:Now this is interesting: Even though I had checked off "automatic update," it did not update automatically!

I found there was one available when I clicked on "check for updates."

Those who assume that their units are updating automatically may wish to check that!

Perhaps the update is to fix the update process? ;)

It's because automatic updates aren't pushed to everyone at the same time so as not to overload the servers. Eventually you would have got it.

BTW, after it reboots on it's own with the update you have to manually restart it one more time for it to work smoothly.

damnitsme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damnitsme

But the question remains. When will it ship?

Znith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Znith

It's been 3 days now with no shipping update. While I know Woot's crappy shipping is slow, this is ridiculous for a large company like Amazon. At this rate it might get here by month end, when I'll be on vacation.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Znith wrote:It's been 3 days now with no shipping update. While I know Woot's crappy shipping is slow, this is ridiculous for a large company like Amazon. At this rate it might get here by month end, when I'll be on vacation.

damnitsme wrote:But the question remains. When will it ship?

Standard shipping usually can take up to 3-5 business days (usually in most cases much quicker than that)

I would recommend that if you don't see any tracking update for your order by tomorrow, that you email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be able to help answer any questions you might have.

ilurapberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilurapberry
whatever2020 wrote:Adobe pulled Flash for Android a while back in favor of HTML 5. I believe you would have to search up the APK from a third party site.

Adobe Flash Player for Android
http://www.playapk.org/adobe-flash-player-11-1-115-81/16945

Download here. enjoy:-)