Michael Jr.
and
Gabriel Iglesias

RobbyG74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobbyG74

Louis C.K.

prfesser

quality posts: 7 Private Messages prfesser

My son tells me Eddie Izzard. I don't think anyone today is really funny, but then I'm chronically depressed and anxious. Xanax, anyone?

olivebranchgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olivebranchgal

Sister Odeehey rocks. Check her out on YouTube. She is hilarious and is an up and coming "clean" comedian.

robhwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robhwoot

Louis CK, Steven Wright, Brian Regan, Jim Gaffagan, Jim Norton, Jerry Seinfeld, Patton Oswalt or even the guys that are currently hot (Aziz, Jeff Dunham Russell Peters, Kevin Hart, Daniel Tosh, Ron White)... I like a few people on this list, but seriously, how much thought was put into it!?

weemus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weemus

Bill Burr!

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

Not to speak for Woot! but I sort of get the impression that the people that were on the previous poll (e.g. Louis CK, Jerry Seinfeld) weren't really eligible for this poll. Yes they are still active, but they were already considered "all-time greats" by being included in the "best of all-time" poll.

Wow, people are sure vehement in their comedian support. I know the debates can be heated when discussing music (or movies, TV shows, etc.), but people seem to be more resigned to the fact that peoples' taste in music is going to be different, while seeming to think of humor in more absolute terms. I probably would include myself in that group (even knowing I am wrong to think that way). I see some of these suggestions (without mentioning names), and I am saying to myself, "Really? That guy/girl stinks!".

// voted for Demetri Martin

theyatemypig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theyatemypig

I am baffled as to why Louis C.K. didn't make the short list.

megabite6d9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages megabite6d9

Gabriel Iglesias and Jeff Dunham. Who are these people on the list? Silverman just seems to cater to one political ideology by degrading the others.

felicitouschick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages felicitouschick

GAFFIGAN!!!! How can he not even rank? Everyone I know recognizes "Hot Pocket," and "Bacon," whether they are stand-up fans or not! And his new stuff is just as side splittingly funny.

dcmoses21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcmoses21

Louis CK

unorthydox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages unorthydox

Doug Stanhope, Bill Burr & John Mulaney are my top 3 right now.

Also much love for Maria Bamford, Louis CK, Mike Birbiglia (hell of a storyteller), Jim Jeffries, Patton Oswalt... I could go on.

RIP Bill Hicks, the King.

pstrnutbag44

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pstrnutbag44

STILL no Greg Proops? Seriously?!

proudlynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages proudlynn

John Mulaney #1

missdeb56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missdeb56

Jim Gaffigan

basileuspsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basileuspsu
oclafretep wrote:Eddie Izzard.

Cake or death, cake or death?

Zingelbert Bembledack aka...Eddie Izzard

ceagee

quality posts: 65 Private Messages ceagee
HomerTime wrote:Not to speak for Woot! but I sort of get the impression that the people that were on the previous poll (e.g. Louis CK, Jerry Seinfeld) weren't really eligible for this poll. Yes they are still active, but they were already considered "all-time greats" by being included in the "best of all-time" poll.

Wow, people are sure vehement in their comedian support. I know the debates can be heated when discussing music (or movies, TV shows, etc.), but people seem to be more resigned to the fact that peoples' taste in music is going to be different, while seeming to think of humor in more absolute terms. I probably would include myself in that group (even knowing I am wrong to think that way). I see some of these suggestions (without mentioning names), and I am saying to myself, "Really? That guy/girl stinks!".

exactly.
So many that were on the previous poll are still working.

KATANARYDA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages KATANARYDA

Doug Stanhope

/thread

w00ten since 7/24/04 and still no Boggy Old Creature ಠ_ಠ

disturbedfred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages disturbedfred
FigureofAction48 wrote:What a sorry list to choose from.

Thank you, and please add Eddie Izzard to this sorry ass list.

disturbedfred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages disturbedfred
heatherleather wrote:Chris Rock. Wanda Sykes. Louis CK. Jim Gaffigan. (In no particular order).

Wanda Sykes? Really? GodAwful!

greenlantern57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenlantern57
mav76baboo wrote:Gabriel Iglacias! We love you, Fluffy!

Fluffy!!!!!!!!!!

Listening to the voices is calming. Except for Fernado, he pushes my buttons.

edgarcia87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edgarcia87

Kevin Hart

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik

Excluding those named on the previous poll, I'd agree with those who have said Eddie Izzard.

And not to name any names, but funny voices and fat jokes do not constitute an "all-time great."

midisync

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midisync

Louis Black

diveborg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diveborg
felicitouschick wrote:GAFFIGAN!!!! How can he not even rank? Everyone I know recognizes "Hot Pocket," and "Bacon," whether they are stand-up fans or not! And his new stuff is just as side splittingly funny.

And cake.

Others: Kathleen Madigan, Jeff Dunham, Ron White, and Lewis Black all are better than anyone on the list.

Daniel Tosh = just not funny to me, unless you think rude and gross is your kind of "funny".

dajur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dajur
triplebud wrote:Seriously? Are you guys kidding with this list?

A. Louis CK
B. Bill Burr
C. Jim Norton
D. Aziz Ansari
E. Iliza Shlesinger
F. Joe Rogan (not just for comedy)
G. Patrice O'Neil (RIP)
H. That guy with the puppets
I. Sarah Silverman
J. Jeff Ross
K. Lisa Lampanelli
L. Artie Lange
M. Kathy Griffin
N. Bryan Regan

All working (besides Patrice) and could be considered "all-time great" depending on your comedy style. Even this list is lacking...

I agree with your list completely. Well, maybe not Kathy Griffin or Artie Lange.

rtwesterlund

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rtwesterlund
lobo81865 wrote:Carlos Mencia

Nice try, troll!

wintremute

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wintremute
hdoggpsu wrote:Did I seriously just scroll this far without seeing Bill Burr?

I just did a search. But your sentiment was not wrong.