WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Laptops

Hey, so we've got laptops. Tons of laptops. Laptops in our warehouse, laptops in our homes, laptops in our cubicles, laptops in our cars. We can't handle all of these laptops. We've only got so many laps to top! So buy some laptops. Remedy us of this laptop overload. Please. Thank you. Laptops.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Yoooo-hooooo...anybody there? Are any of these models good enough for running Abobe inDesign?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

gswan74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gswan74

can anyone tell me the difference between factory reconditioned and refurbished?

I am looking at either of the Acer ultrabooks, their specs are almost identical but one is factory reconditioned and the other is refurbished... Thanks!

shoulda2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shoulda2
radi0j0hn wrote:Yoooo-hooooo...anybody there? Are any of these models good enough for running Abobe inDesign?

HP ENVY DV6-7215NR is pretty good specs it's an i7 and dedicated graphics card that has mature drivers and 8gb of ram.

edit: it sold out just now .. nm :P

Tarantino

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tarantino

Are ANY of them Win 7? I have no love for win 8 - at all.

themacguy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages themacguy
Tarantino wrote:Are ANY of them Win 7? I have no love for win 8 - at all.

The Acer S3-391-6448B has Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) drivers available on their support page.

cjsutherland

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cjsutherland
gswan74 wrote:can anyone tell me the difference between factory reconditioned and refurbished?

I am looking at either of the Acer ultrabooks, their specs are almost identical but one is factory reconditioned and the other is refurbished... Thanks!

Factory reconditioned means original company, or someone they are willing to put their name behind, did the repairs.

refurbished means it was repaired by any other means than above.

soisauss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages soisauss
shoulda2 wrote:HP ENVY DV6-7215NR is pretty good specs it's an i7 and dedicated graphics card that has mature drivers and 8gb of ram.

edit: it sold out just now .. nm :P

I'm going to assume that Woot probably only had a small amount of that unit in stock.....

really wanted it as I need a new laptop for school...... :'(

corvettejoe

quality posts: 22 Private Messages corvettejoe
thunderthighs wrote:
In the thread, list your top 3 things you look for in a laptop. Just 3.

1 - 1080p minimum screen
2 - i5 minimum
3 - anything not HP, Acer or Sony.

Still kicking myself big time for missing out on the two Asus ultrabooks a couple weeks ago (there was only 1 of each apparently).

zyodei

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zyodei
corvettejoe wrote:1 - 1080p minimum screen
2 - i5 minimum
3 - anything not HP, Acer or Sony.

Still kicking myself big time for missing out on the two Asus ultrabooks a couple weeks ago (there was only 1 of each apparently).

1. Keyboard
2. Monitor
3. Power Cable

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

zyodei wrote:1. Keyboard
2. Monitor
3. Power Cable

Low bar to meet. I like that.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

penwynd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages penwynd

I HATE Win8 so very much and yes, I've tried and tried it. I'm hoping this one works out or I'm toast. In order I want: OPTICAL drive still, centered touchpad mouse back, something that doesn't run W8!

triumphxd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages triumphxd

are any of these worth buying for a college student with a 400 dollar or less budget? only needed for decent battery length, and enough power for programming I guess but I'm not asking for much.

naropa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages naropa

Bought the HP envy i5. The price was better than I could find anywhere else ($543 with delivery). It was delivered in 24 hours. That was surprising. So far, no problems with the factory refurbished model. I don't love Windows 8, but I am really happy with the deal.