WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: When is your cut-off for caffeine consumption?
  • 11.2% - noon 377
  • 5% - 2pm 169
  • 5.2% - 3pm 175
  • 5.3% - 4pm 177
  • 8.6% - 5pm 289
  • 6.5% - 8pm 219
  • 45.7% - There is no cut-off. 1536
  • 12.4% - I don't drink caffeine. 417
3359 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

gholt121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gholt121

Not fair! Where's the options for us over night workers??

Proud Woot!er since 2005.

karey2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karey2005

Actually, closer to 9a!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

4:00 pm is pushing it for me. Now that I need to wake up by 4:30 am, I am trying to cut down to one cup of coffee around 6:00 am but it is very hard.

driftingsoul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages driftingsoul

16oz of coffee and 4 shots of espresso over the course of an hour. More than that and the world starts to go strange.

fireflynerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fireflynerd

I used to drink a can of Jolt or Monster energy drink every morning at work (I'm at work at 7:30am, but I had a tendency to be up until 1am or so a lot because my family are all night owls). It got to the point where I built up a tolerance to caffeine and it didn't affect me too much anymore. Coworkers would see my 24-oz Jolt and say "You're gonna be bouncing off the walls!" to which I would reply "No, I won't. But I might not fall asleep."

byron911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages byron911

It's nice to want a cup of coffee and not need it. I normally don't drink caffeine and I get about 7 hours of sleep every night...so I won't need caffeine.

Woot is so great: buy stuff, learn about personal wellness, build community.

commanderplaid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages commanderplaid
gholt121 wrote:Not fair! Where's the options for us over night workers??

Exactly. I cut off coffee at midnight and get off work at 6:00 AM.

basicman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basicman

Off caffeine at 12:00pm - on the beer wagon at 12:01pm.

ckpoon16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckpoon16

I can have it around the clock because no matter how much caffeine I drink, I still go right to sleep. I'm not a coffee drinker and prefer tea.

marbaulo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages marbaulo
byron911 wrote:It's nice to want a cup of coffee and not need it. I normally don't drink caffeine and I get about 7 hours of sleep every night...so I won't need caffeine.

Woot is so great: buy stuff, learn about personal wellness, build community.

An addictive stimulant that causes withdraw symptoms when consumed habitually and stopped abruptly. Huh, sounds like a drug, doesn't it?

I had to give it up because I got a migraine every Saturday... from NOT drinking enough of it. Now I enjoy some wonderful decafs without the physical need. Far more pleasure :-)

CatCK

quality posts: 51 Private Messages CatCK
marbaulo wrote:An addictive stimulant that causes withdraw symptoms when consumed habitually and stopped abruptly. Huh, sounds like a drug, doesn't it?

I had to give it up because I got a migraine every Saturday... from NOT drinking enough of it. Now I enjoy some wonderful decafs without the physical need. Far more pleasure :-)

What wonderful decafs have you found? I tend to agree with David Letterman, who refers to decaf coffee as "useless warm brown water". Seriously, what brands do you like?

Aracos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos
gholt121 wrote:Not fair! Where's the options for us over night workers??

I picked there is no cut-off since I also work nights and get my caffeine from tea, so don't suffer the effects like most coffee drinkers. I do occasionally get headaches if I had been consuming a lot of tea and then drastically cut back, but I drink less at work than I used to when juggling full time work and full time school.