tigerxchaos

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tigerxchaos

Received the tablet very promptly on 9/13/13.

The rear bezel surrounding the tablet was not fastened on properly and in several spots there were gaps between it and the screen/tablet, allowing debris and dust to get inside the tablet.

The screen has a dead zone that does not properly register touches, just up and right of center.

I seriously doubt this was actually refurbished by Asus. No manufacturer would do such a piss-poor job of refurbishing their own product. Either they farmed the work out to a third party, or Asus was never actually involved with the refurb.

In addition, I'll not be Wooting ever again. My father and I both ordered these, and had them shipped to his address. However, his order was held up by Woot's automated systems for security reasons. No one ever contacted us about this to let us know, and the day ended with the issue still outstanding, thus ending the availability of the tablets.

I would never have known there was an issue if we hadn't logged into his account and seen that the tablet wasn't showing on his "stuff you bought" screen. He got an order confirmation and everything for his purchase.

When we contacted Woot support and received the bad news that his tablet would not be shipped, they acknowledged that this sort of thing happens sometimes.

I understand wanting to protect your customers, but what I find shocking is that despite this being a repeat issue, they haven't bothered to implement any sort of system to address the possibility of the order being legitimate. I couldn't care less about the tablet--I needed it, but I can find another one for myself after giving mine to my father. What I care about is giving my money to a company that is going down the tubes and doesn't even care about its customers enough to protect them from its own systems.

Fare thee well, Woot. Good luck with your new business model--you'll need it.

v73pontiac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages v73pontiac

Welp, the keyboard dock won't take a charge. I've had it plugged in over night and the orange light blinks, but no luck. The Tablet seems to work ok for me, but haven't really put it through the paces. Waiting to hear back from WOOT customer support.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

v73pontiac wrote:Welp, the keyboard dock won't take a charge. I've had it plugged in over night and the orange light blinks, but no luck. The Tablet seems to work ok for me, but haven't really put it through the paces. Waiting to hear back from WOOT customer support.

With all new electronics, I strongly suggest a full 24 hour charge before declaring it dead.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wootwootnow

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wootwootnow

I am afraid that I may have another problem unit. We're hearing a lot of problems out of this batch.

My tablet seems to work fine. The keyboard however doesn't do anything other than look pretty. Touchpad doesn't work and keyboard doesn't work. It's charged to the point where I've got a green light on the keyboard. I got absolutely zero documentation with this, so I don't know if there is some way I need to turn on the keyboard. Does it simply start working once it is docked or do I need to do something else to switch it on?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

wootwootnow wrote:I am afraid that I may have another problem unit. We're hearing a lot of problems out of this batch.

My tablet seems to work fine. The keyboard however doesn't do anything other than look pretty. Touchpad doesn't work and keyboard doesn't work. It's charged to the point where I've got a green light on the keyboard. I got absolutely zero documentation with this, so I don't know if there is some way I need to turn on the keyboard. Does it simply start working once it is docked or do I need to do something else to switch it on?

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your purchase.
I recommend that you contact Asus Support seeing as you still are under the 90 Day ASUS warranty.

If you find that they're unable to help you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com

tigerxchaos

wootwootnow wrote:I am afraid that I may have another problem unit. We're hearing a lot of problems out of this batch.

You'll just need to contact Asus and they'll take care of the issue.
I found that my tablet didn't seem to have the S/N printed anywhere, but the keyboard dock did. I had to give them the MAC address of the tablet in order to get the serial number.

They will first refer you back to Woot to do a return/exchange, but just explain Woot's business model and they'll process a repair RMA.

They will expect you to pay for return shipping back to them, but I was able to coax a prepaid FedEx label from the guy I spoke to.

Turnaround time is 5-8 business days from when they receive the tablet, according to the guy I talked to.

Good luck.

hlmitchell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hlmitchell

Another issue for this combo.

My keyboard dock will charge both itself and the tablet. If I keep the tablet docked after a recharge it functions great. If I separate the two and reattach the tablet to the dock, the tablet acts like the dock doesn't exist.

The keyboard dock only seems to work after being plugged in even if it has a full charge.

Off to Asus Support I go.

The good news is that the tablet works great.

bakpedal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakpedal

Ad another defective tablet to the list. Good size deadspot on the left side of horizontal touchscreen (top side when vertical). Easiest to see the dead area by using the Paint app.
Also web browsing seems slow at times, but it is sometimes due to the deadspot.
Started an Asus support case here...
http://www.service.asus.com/#!consumer/csn9
Filling out the online form gets you an email from Asus with a list of phone numbers to call with your case #. They are not open on weekends.

Dock had some minor cosmetic damage by the unlock switch, but seems to work fine.
Question, when the tablet is docked and closed, and the usb charger cable is plugged into the side of the keyboard, does both the tablet and keyboard charge sequentially or simultaneously? Not sure if the dock is charging things properly.
thanks!

hlmitchell

The dock and tablet should charge simultaneously.

The ASUS website seems like a complete waste of time. I couldn't find where to add the tablet or keyboard to my products listing. I will be calling them tomorrow.

I feel really lucky that my tablet is actually functioning 100%. I have a strong feeling I will be giving up on getting a 100% working keyboard dock at this point.

ThunderThighs

Staff

hlmitchell wrote:The dock and tablet should charge simultaneously.

The ASUS website seems like a complete waste of time. I couldn't find where to add the tablet or keyboard to my products listing. I will be calling them tomorrow.

I feel really lucky that my tablet is actually functioning 100%. I have a strong feeling I will be giving up on getting a 100% working keyboard dock at this point.

Electronics are often shipped with completely drained batteries for safety. You might try charging them separately and for a full 24 hours before declaring it dead.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tigerxchaos

bakpedal wrote:Ad another defective tablet to the list. Good size deadspot on the left side of horizontal touchscreen (top side when vertical). Easiest to see the dead area by using the Paint app.
Also web browsing seems slow at times, but it is sometimes due to the deadspot.
Started an Asus support case here...
http://www.service.asus.com/#!consumer/csn9
Filling out the online form gets you an email from Asus with a list of phone numbers to call with your case #. They are not open on weekends.

Dock had some minor cosmetic damage by the unlock switch, but seems to work fine.
Question, when the tablet is docked and closed, and the usb charger cable is plugged into the side of the keyboard, does both the tablet and keyboard charge sequentially or simultaneously? Not sure if the dock is charging things properly.
thanks!

"Refurbished" is supposed to mean "restored to like-new or factory condition". If your tablet had cosmetic damage, then it was not refurbished properly, like so many others' here.

I think Woot should take some steps in good faith to find out and explain to its customers why so many "factory refurbished" devices were allowed to be resold in such a condition. Either Woot was lied to, or we were.

tigerxchaos

It seems that Asus customer service isn't going to be much help on these poorly-refurbished tablets. Received the defective tablet back with a notice saying "Tested, no problems found". Hopefully you all have better luck.

bakpedal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakpedal

Wow I only just today received my RMA # after a bunch of back & forth emails that kept questioning the Woot proof of purchase. ASUS wants to see a perfect invoice that shows model#, S/N, date of purchase, etc, that Woot does not provide. even the confirmation email was not enough. then after they finally verified it was a real purchase from woot (a.k.a. they stalled the process as long as possible), i was asked to call ASUS again to get the RMA by phone. And after having to describe the problem repeated times online, by phone and in emails, the CS guy proceeded to really grill me like he was trying to get me to slip up and say something that contradicted my complaint. the obvious form or template they follow when questioning you is way too redundant at this stage of the process. I started off irritated he didnt seem to know details of my case, but turned around and played nice the rest of the call, and he said they would cover return shipping. we'll see if they find the problem as easy as i did. by the way, you must fill out yet another form to include in the return package where you must describe the problem yet again! it will be worth it if its fixed or replaced, but what a ride!

hlmitchell

I have decided that I am done dealing with Asus on this one. I doubt I will be buying another Asus refurb through Woot (which is a shame).

Too bad Woot couldn't have gathered some of the Amazon CS people to deal with Asus for us.

ROGETRAY

Staff

hlmitchell wrote:I have decided that I am done dealing with Asus on this one. I doubt I will be buying another Asus refurb through Woot (which is a shame).

Too bad Woot couldn't have gathered some of the Amazon CS people to deal with Asus for us.

Sorry for the late reply and to also hear that you're encountering issues with Asus.

I would recommend that you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com. They'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you have about your order (especially if Asus is not being supportive)

tigerxchaos

tigerxchaos wrote:It seems that Asus customer service isn't going to be much help on these poorly-refurbished tablets. Received the defective tablet back with a notice saying "Tested, no problems found". Hopefully you all have better luck.

After calling back in to Asus, spending another half hour on the phone with their customer support, fighting their reluctance to give me a second prepaid shipping label despite the fact that they didn't fix the tablet the first time it was shipped in, and having to take a photograph of the tablet displaying a paint program that outlines the 3/4" wide top-to-bottom dead band on the screen (which only a blind man could have missed in testing), I was able to get Asus to create a second RMA, give me a second prepaid label, and in threatening to speak with management, they processed it as a priority return (which I believe is indicated by an "A" in the RMA#, but I could be wrong). A little over a month after ordering the tablet, after two long phone calls and two trips to FedEx, my father finally has a working device.

I'm quite thankful I didn't have any of the struggles some of the rest of you did with their customer support team. It's apparent to me that people are not being trained consistently on policy over there. Good luck in your dealings with those clowns, and remember--you paid for this device, you deserve to own it. Don't let them get away with sandbagging you til you're out of patience.

stars67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stars67

We ordered this from selloff Woot as a Christmas gift and are having such random issues such as the device not fully charging; the device not turning on using the power switch; the device randomly shutting down, etc. I just sent an email to woot support but do you think I should go straight to ASUS support?

ThunderThighs

Staff

stars67 wrote:We ordered this from selloff Woot as a Christmas gift and are having such random issues such as the device not fully charging; the device not turning on using the power switch; the device randomly shutting down, etc. I just sent an email to woot support but do you think I should go straight to ASUS support?

Yes, pls start with Asus support. Also, make sure you give it a full 24hr charge for the first use. Batteries are shipped completely drained for safety.

mtbmed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtbmed

I ordered and received one of these for Xmas 12/19/13 - too bad it didn't work right out of the box. COME ON WOOT. ANSWER YOUR SUPPORT EMAIL!
I am a regular Wooty-er, formerly a Happy-wooter ... soon to be an ex-wooter.
ANSWER THE EMAILS!! Your customer service really leaves a LOT to be desired. order # 4732**** Screen has random pixels and blotches on it. Charged, turned on and this is it. Junk right from the get-go.

[MOD EDIT: Removed part of order number;privacy]

ROGETRAY

Staff

mtbmed wrote:I ordered and received one of these for Xmas 12/19/13 - too bad it didn't work right out of the box. COME ON WOOT. ANSWER YOUR SUPPORT EMAIL!
I am a regular Wooty-er, formerly a Happy-wooter ... soon to be an ex-wooter.
ANSWER THE EMAILS!! Your customer service really leaves a LOT to be desired. order # 4732**** Screen has random pixels and blotches on it. Charged, turned on and this is it. Junk right from the get-go.

[MOD EDIT: Removed part of order number;privacy]

Very sorry to hear that you haven't heard back.

If you're experiencing issues with your tablet, we recommend that you contact Asus Customer Support as they're very helpful in remedying issues/making repairs.

I've also escalated your post/email along to a Woot Member Representative to help escalate a resolve.

Thanks for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.