WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Take A TV Stand

You know the chronic pain you experience in the back of your neck? We're no doctors, but we think it may be caused by the fact that your TV lies flat on the ground. Avoid the scourge of neck pain (and recapture some lost floorspace) with a TV stand!

marimvibe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marimvibe

Oooh, how much for the original XBox?

plastikcaktus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages plastikcaktus

Call me silly, but I wish that telephone booth was blue, and was a police call box. Just sayin.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

plastikcaktus wrote:Call me silly, but I wish that telephone booth was blue, and was a police call box. Just sayin.

A gallon or two of paint from your local hardware store can take care of that.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj

Not all of these have weight/tv size specs listed.

Will any hold a 65", 70 lbs. television? I can't find one, but it's possible I'm missing it.

room209

quality posts: 6 Private Messages room209
novastarj wrote:Not all of these have weight/tv size specs listed.

Will any hold a 65", 70 lbs. television? I can't find one, but it's possible I'm missing it.

This one says fits over 60"
https://www.woot.com/offers/abbyson-living-charles-tv-console

novastarj

room209 wrote:This one says fits over 60"
https://www.woot.com/offers/abbyson-living-charles-tv-console

It's a little disconcerting when it says "Fits most flat screen TV's over 60"."

I'd like to hear about an upper-limit rather than a speculative statement saying it will fit most large televisions.

brian53newell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brian53newell

Don't buy anything from Furinno .

I ordered a end table from them once and neglected to fully analyze the dimensions. They tend to make really tiny furniture solutions. In fact, my end table is so tiny, it might as well be a children's table.

With that being said, build quality was good. No scratches or damaged corners.

plastikcaktus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages plastikcaktus
ThunderThighs wrote:A gallon or two of paint from your local hardware store can take care of that.

I'll open the paint can with a sonic screwdriver then, yeah?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

brian53newell wrote:Don't buy anything from Furinno .

I ordered a end table from them once and neglected to fully analyze the dimensions. They tend to make really tiny furniture solutions. In fact, my end table is so tiny, it might as well be a children's table.

With that being said, build quality was good. No scratches or damaged corners.

Wait a minute. The quality was good but you're recommending people stay away because it was smaller than you expected it to be even though it had dimensions listed?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jfmagrogan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfmagrogan
ThunderThighs wrote:Wait a minute. The quality was good but you're recommending people stay away because it was smaller than you expected it to be even though it had dimensions listed?

burn!

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

The "no tools" multi level stand actually looks like it would work very well in my daughter room as a storage shelf. She likes to play "house" with her stuffed animals and I could definitely see her using this as a multi level stuffie condo/storage shelf.

meishka25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meishka25

http://www.woot.com/offers/abbyson-living-paige-entertainment-center

Loving the design of this piece.

Bought a similar tv stand from SEI, on amazon....bad decision! So cheaply made!

Anyone bought the above piece?

novastarj

meishka25 wrote:http://www.woot.com/offers/abbyson-living-paige-entertainment-center

Loving the design of this piece.

Bought a similar tv stand from SEI, on amazon....bad decision! So cheaply made!

Anyone bought the above piece?

Nope, but for what it's worth Abbeyson products seem well reviewed online.

And FYI, this product appears identical to that entertainment center, but for over $100 less (with free shipping!) at Overstock. In fact Overstock appears to have many of the Abbeyson products for cheaper. Under different names though, so you need to look at the design and dimensions to make sure they match.

meishka25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meishka25

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO, NICE TO HEAR THEY HAVE GOOD REVIEWS.

novastarj wrote:Nope, but for what it's worth Abbeyson products seem well reviewed online.

And FYI, this product appears identical to that entertainment center, but for over $100 less (with free shipping!) at Overstock. In fact Overstock appears to have many of the Abbeyson products for cheaper. Under different names though, so you need to look at the design and dimensions to make sure they match.

morachi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages morachi
marimvibe wrote:Oooh, how much for the original XBox?

Sadly, that was the first thing I noticed too.

Catkicker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Catkicker

no info on construction materials make me leery of these items. whats up with woot anymore? since amazon bought them it seems like the people describing items are phoning it in.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Living in a 113 year old farmhouse, most modern furniture looks odd.

I also get a kick out of all the "old tech" furniture donated to thrift stores. Most include deep cabinets to accommodate the tube monitor, some have slots to supply pin-feed paper to the dot matrix printer.

Then there are the cabinets that open to reveal slots for VHS tapes.

Things change fast!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669

A lot of these prices seem high... I suppose for some people they may be in their price range but for a spur of the moment impulse buy.... I cannot see spending this type of cash on it.

I think I'll stick to Ikea where I can see it up close and then burn my house down trying to put it together.

superpope

quality posts: 1 Private Messages superpope
marimvibe wrote:Oooh, how much for the original XBox?

Yeah, or the giant DVD player that probably cost $500 new.

lvshopping

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lvshopping
novastarj wrote:Not all of these have weight/tv size specs listed.

Baxton Studio Marconi Brown Asymmetrical Modern TV Stand-fits 47" TV and 55" flat panel TV, weight limit 120lb

Sculpten Dark Brown and Black Modern TV Stand with Glass Shelves-Max TV size 50", max weight 150lb

Baxton Studio Swindon Modern TV Stand with Glass Doors-fits 60" flat panel TV, weight limit 150lb

Baxton Studio Matlock Modern TV Stand with Glass Doors-maximum 60" TV. max weight 180lb

23Jess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 23Jess

Neither do they mention squat about materials: is this rubberwood? MDF? Chipboard? There is solid wood furniture to be had, in these forms even, but that cute arts & crafts corner tv stand is probably not meeting the criteria if it doesn't boast it all over the place. If you heard it boast somewhere, once, hip me to the materials svp.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
ThunderThighs wrote:Wait a minute. The quality was good but you're recommending people stay away because it was smaller than you expected it to be even though it had dimensions listed?

Of course. Why do you sound surprised? You've been doing customer service long enough to expect this kind of thing.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
23Jess wrote:Neither do they mention squat about materials: is this rubberwood? MDF? Chipboard? There is solid wood furniture to be had, in these forms even, but that cute arts & crafts corner tv stand is probably not meeting the criteria if it doesn't boast it all over the place. If you heard it boast somewhere, once, hip me to the materials svp.

I didn't look at all of them, but I looked at a half dozen, and they all say what material they are made from. Which one doesn't?

mledawn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mledawn
craigthom wrote:I didn't look at all of them, but I looked at a half dozen, and they all say what material they are made from. Which one doesn't?

This one doesn't http://www.woot.com/offers/sei-media-storage-pedestal

deletrius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deletrius

I found a few of these on overstock for cheaper.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Entertainment-Centers/Abbyson-Living,/brand,/2029/subcat.html#Home-Garden/Abbyson-Living-Mirage-Entertainment-Center/8202304/product.html?refccid=5B4CYV56JPI26A2HWWJBRHEVHM&searchidx=10