WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Tilt Patio Umbrellas with a NEW Price

You notice how you very rarely need to buy floor lamps for your patio? That's because there's already a light outside. It's called the sun. And you don't have to pay a bill to use it, either. It's on several hours every day. The only bummer: sometimes it gets really bright and you can't turn it off. That's why you need patio umbrellas.

Quality Posts

Sardinicus

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Sardinicus

Taupe, Antique Beige, and Natural. Oh the joys of online shopping.

ianivey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ianivey

No base? Just an umbrella ... for whom, then -- people whose umbrellas were stolen from their existing patio furniture?

What does it mean? WHAT DOES IT MEAN??!

Sontiago

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Sontiago
ianivey wrote:No base? Just an umbrella ... for whom, then -- people whose umbrellas were stolen from their existing patio furniture?

What does it mean? WHAT DOES IT MEAN??!

It's the UMBRELLAPOCALYPSE!!!

BVonnSnobby

quality posts: 23 Private Messages BVonnSnobby

We don't want our Wooters left out in the sun and decided to lower the price on these fine shades. For those of you who already bought one we may or may not send you sunscreen but you will definitely find $5 back in your account.

Ninkumpoop

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Ninkumpoop
BVonnSnobby wrote:We don't want our Wooters left out in the sun and decided to lower the price on these fine shades. For those of you who already bought one we may or may not send you sunscreen but you will definitely find $5 back in your account.

What about those of us that didn't order them, but ordered something else almost a month ago that has not shipped? Two "service" form requests and an email to service@woot.com have not been responded to. Figured I'd try a forum that appears to be actively monitored.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Ninkumpoop wrote:What about those of us that didn't order them, but ordered something else almost a month ago that has not shipped? Two "service" form requests and an email to service@woot.com have not been responded to. Figured I'd try a forum that appears to be actively monitored.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard back yet. We do recommend that you check the spam folder of your email provider as sometimes their responses get filtered there.

I can forward your post onto Woot Member Services staff and see if I can't find you a resolve.

Ninkumpoop

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Ninkumpoop
ROGETRAY wrote:I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard back yet. We do recommend that you check the spam folder of your email provider as sometimes their responses get filtered there.

I can forward your post onto Woot Member Services staff and see if I can't find you a resolve.

Please do forward my post. I will send details in a private message as well. I've been very diligent about checking my spam folder.

mrelphboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrelphboy
Ninkumpoop wrote:Please do forward my post. I will send details in a private message as well. I've been very diligent about checking my spam folder.

Whole wheat card stock pitas with blackened...SPAM!

rugcutter1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rugcutter1

9 feet across or up n down?

queenangelfish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages queenangelfish

Can anyone comment on the quality of the umbrella fabric? It says polyester, but most outdoor umbrellas have a canvas type of heavy duty fabric for the outdoors. Can you practically see through this type of fabric?

zipster68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zipster68
queenangelfish wrote:Can anyone comment on the quality of the umbrella fabric? It says polyester, but most outdoor umbrellas have a canvas type of heavy duty fabric for the outdoors. Can you practically see through this type of fabric?

I had the same question. Polyester doesn't sound very durable.

Raymond Crucet

john92024

quality posts: 1 Private Messages john92024
zipster68 wrote:I had the same question. Polyester doesn't sound very durable.

Polyester isn't great and it's not going to last forever like some Sunbrella fabrics do. We live in So. Cal. and generally buy these types of umbrellas and expect to get 1-2 seasons out of them and then just toss 'em out and look for the next special like this one. One of the big problems is that the colors fade, even in the best fabrics, so we always stick with neutral colors that look the same faded as when new. These umbrellas would normally be in the $29 range but cost more due to the crank and tilt mechanisms. The one thing to be careful of is the thickness of the aluminum pole. In windy conditions, a light-weight pole will bend over and then the umbrella is permanently tilted!

If you just don't mind replacing these after a couple of seasons, they should be fine.

stacipurv

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stacipurv
rugcutter1 wrote:9 feet across or up n down?

9' in diameter
8' 3" high

pekasperski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pekasperski

Does 'UV resistant' mean UVA & UVB?

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

Just because an outdoor fabric is polyester doesn't mean it's not durable. Sunbrella is acrylic, but there are different weaves with different treatments, coatings, and UV performance, and other manufacturers make outdoor polyester fabrics with comparable performance.

For reference, here's a guide to outdoor fabric:
http://www.sailrite.com/PDF/Outdoor%20Fabric%20Comparison%20Chart.pdf

ftrivette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ftrivette

The most durable always seem to b the original umbrella fabric that comes with patio furniture as its made from the seating material typicaly. But after losing thaat one to sneaky mice that found their way into my storage shed, I've bought several replacements and none withstand the element and fade. Lately, I've cut my costs (and a proliferation of crank and tilt frames in my attic) by buying a less expensive wood-frame 9' umbrella at one of the local "discounters", removed the polyester shade and replaced my faded one. Yes, not everyones 9' umbrella is exactly the same in terms of cut and sewn measurements, but I just crank it up to where it's fully spread and tight. As for the wood frame, I easily disassembl it and use struts for plant stakes and burn poles in my firepit. My cost? $40 per umbrella or about $20/year after fading. Just my two cents worth. Of course, this does souned like a decent pricefor a 9 footer with a metal crank and tilt frame....

glasshouseiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glasshouseiii

I ordered two of these at the end of the season last year (Sep 2013) Used them two or three times this year and now both are broken. One has a broken rib. The other has come apart at the hinge where it tilts - the bolt is gone. I'm not sure if either can be repaired. Very disappointed.