Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $24 Two-Day OR $27 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

wootevil

quality posts: 21 Private Messages wootevil

They look shiny.

khufu413

quality posts: 12 Private Messages khufu413

We have had this set (or very similar) for about six years. Very good; thick metal. They're pans....

Crombie

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Crombie

Thank you for the detailed specs. It is good to know these are not for induction cooktops.

bmrbill

quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill

Here's some reviews at Macy's on the 11 pc set. Looks like the same thing.

lichme

quality posts: 2761 Private Messages lichme

Similar to the ones that were sold on Moofi

troi4001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages troi4001

Well, this (insert popular vernacular here). We just bought this exact set a week ago at Macy's. It was a good deal. On sale and I had a 15% off coupon. And it only came to $269.00. But on the bright side, the shipping was free.
It's a really nice set, heavy and it is shiny, very shiny. Don't leave it where the sun can shine on it or a fire might start.

testudoaubreii

quality posts: 13 Private Messages testudoaubreii

I have one or two pieces of this set (or rather, I have some stainless steel Cuisinart pots) and I quite like them. This is a good deal, and if I wasn't already full up on pots and pans I'd jump on it.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3346 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's learn all about cuisinart

nutrageous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutrageous

These are great. Ours are 17 years old now and still going strong. They are nonreactive, easy to clean, and you can use whatever utensils you like on them. The construction is very good and there is no wobbling or looseness in the handles. I don't love the frying pans because they aren't nonstick, but the saucepans and stockpots are used every day. We also knead bread dough in the stockpot, cover it and let it rise.

thislilgecko

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thislilgecko

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-77-10-Stainless-10-Piece-Cookware/product-reviews/B00008CM68/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Link to reviews for a similar set on Amazon. Good to know about the potential for discolouration.

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100

I love glass lids. They retain heat well and allow you to monitor the contents. And if well-made, the glass is a lot sturdier than one might expect. However, they are a b*tch to clean. Almost all glass lids will have a gap between the glass and the metal rim where gunk can collect. And liquids will definitely enter when there is a boil. People with dishwashers will experience less grief than those who hand wash, but all users should wash the lids ASAP to prevent the residue from drying. Hand washers should run a wet cloth or paper towel, or squeeze a thin sponge, in the gap all around the rim. If there is gunk that you can't wipe out, use a thin toothpick.

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

Great write up!! I think all the right ups should head off the most-frequently-asked-by-a-slightly-disgruntled-reader question!!!!

And, if you ask my cat, Yes, the box most certainly DOES make piece #13.

theco2

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theco2

This looks like a great drum set.

southcutt

quality posts: 14 Private Messages southcutt

Why aren't these suitable for induction? Isn't that pretty unusual for stainless?

And any info about the grade of steel these are made from? The set someone linked at Macy's mentions 18/4, which I would expect to discolor pretty quickly with regular use. This set appears to be a different line, though; the handles are different, and if this set also features an encapsulated aluminum base (does it?) there's no obvious seam in the photos.

This is a great deal even if it's "low-end" Cuisinart...but if it's low-end Cuisinart I'm not interested.

Silvergirl52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Silvergirl52

I'm ready for a new set of pots and pans. The set I'm using now is at least 10 years old, and is worn out, plus it's not stainless steel. I'm excited to get these. I cook almost every night. I'm happy about the price.

LaKASkill

quality posts: 16 Private Messages LaKASkill
Silvergirl52 wrote:I'm ready for a new set of pots and pans. The set I'm using now is at least 10 years old, and is worn out, plus it's not stainless steel. I'm excited to get these. I cook almost every night. I'm happy about the price.

You will be satisfied. Invest in some steel wool or S.O.S pads, you will thank me later.

lzboy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lzboy
southcutt wrote:Why aren't these suitable for induction? Isn't that pretty unusual for stainless?

And any info about the grade of steel these are made from? The set someone linked at Macy's mentions 18/4, which I would expect to discolor pretty quickly with regular use. This set appears to be a different line, though; the handles are different, and if this set also features an encapsulated aluminum base (does it?) there's no obvious seam in the photos.

This is a great deal even if it's "low-end" Cuisinart...but if it's low-end Cuisinart I'm not interested.

Most stainless steel pot are not magnetic, hence they doesn't work well with induction stoves. You can try sticking a magnet to it to check.

I also would like to know if this is a tri-ply or if it has only an aluminum core at the bottom. If the latter, I am not interested.

The "CLCS" seems to indicate that this is the Chef Classic line, which is not multiclad, according to information from Amazon and Macy's. However, the pictures do not match. Also, the second picture on woot of the bottom of the frying pan does not show any clear evidence of a separate aluminum core for the bottom.

So, in the end, which set is this: the Multiclad or the Chef Classic?

Bethy54

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Bethy54

After combing through the Cuisinart website, Amazon and other areas of the web, I am unable to find the exact same mix of cookware being sold as this set. We all seem to be guessing about what the thickness of the pots and pans are (18/10, 18/4, 18/...) and without knowing this, I can't buy. Pity, because I would really like a Cuisinart set that looks like this with the glass lids...can't play the roulette wheel today.

loismal1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loismal1

you know what they always say about woot!: Nice Set.

rahil123

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rahil123

Multi-clad: no
Encapsulated base: yes
Low-end: no
18/10: yes

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

Great cookware at a great price. Love glass lids, and these are not cheap glass either. Don't know enough about how pots and pans are made to split hairs over the technical specs. For most people, this will be the last set of pots and pans that you ever have to buy. I would be all over this deal if I didn't already have similar stuff.

corvettejoe

quality posts: 22 Private Messages corvettejoe

I swear our jCPenny's Cooks.com branded cookware is made by Cuisinart. It looks identical in every single way to this exact same set. And since JCPenny doesn't actually "manufacture" anything, SOMEONE must make it for them. I've seen variations of this Cuisinart design before from other brands, but the cooks.com stuff is IDENTICAL.

That being said, I love my set. Mine is the tri-ply that heats quickly (This set doesn't specify, but says it has stainless interior and exterior, leading me to think it has a middle layer). If it does, make sure you don't crank your stove top past 8 or so, its about the same as a 10 for cheap pots and pans and I read in many places it can ruin your cookware as it gets it too hot or something like that. I've never put mine past 8 and they heat up FAST, even the stock pot full of water. (I have glass tops).

***EDIT: Found this one their website for the Chef Classic Stainless series:
Aluminum encapsulated base; Stainless Steel Interior and Exterior

so yes, Tri-Ply.

Make sure to get yourself a non-stick cheapie pan for non-stick duties.

Cleaning isn't fun for the frying pans, being non-stick. But if you do some of the old kitchen tricks such as mix a little soapy water in the pan and set it back on the stove as it cools (or re-heat it and let it simmer for a minute) most stuff wipes right out.

Also, the best way to clean these completely and give it back a mirror shine is to get some Barkeepers Friend (like Comet, but slightly different). It's good for any kind of metal, glass, etc. I use it on all my pans once in a while and it buffs the burnt stuff right off and brings back the mirror shine. I also use it on my glass stop stove and it buffs stuff right out of the glass that nothing else will remove. (I've also used it on watch glass, car headlights, ets, its a very fine abrasive).

Oh yeah, and this is a GREAT set. Killer deal on this, anyone that has only a walmart set of pots and pans, THROW THEM AWAY and buy this set ASAP. (Make sure to keep your walmart non-stick pan though, and a non-stick deep skillet comes in handy too to supplement this set)

boingo82

quality posts: 8 Private Messages boingo82
corvettejoe wrote:I swear our jCPenny's Cooks.com branded cookware is made by Cuisinart. It looks identical in every single way to this exact same set.

I agree, I have a Cuisinart pan from this set, and a Cooks.com pan, and they look to be identically made.

My saute pan is around 10 years old at this point and no worse for wear. This is a well made set suitable for the long haul.

saintviper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saintviper

We've had one of these for about 10 years and it's holding up really well. It still looks great and and the handle is as tight as when we got it. We also have some All-Clad cook wear. The higher end stuff is a lot heavier and has a copper core, so they conducts and retains heat better, but considering the price, I am completely pleased with my Cuisinart saucepan.

troi4001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages troi4001
LaKASkill wrote:You will be satisfied. Invest in some steel wool or S.O.S pads, you will thank me later.

As I said in a post above, I bought this exact set last week. The instructions say to NOT use steel wool, they will scratch the interior.

everlore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages everlore

Wow. My wife and I almost bought this set at BB&B, but went with a less expensive Emeril set for *ahem* $399. This is a great deal. One of the best I've seen on woot for a while now.

e

catz74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catz74

okay after reading all the comments so far, I decided to get this set. Thanks for all of the great input everyone!

robor007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robor007

I don't see lids for the skillets. Do the lids for the pots fit on them? You can't make a perfect omelette without a lid.

killfile

quality posts: 2 Private Messages killfile

We bought a set of these from Woot one or two cycles back and I've been very happy with them. They hold heat well, are oven safe (great for steaks and chicken), and clean up reasonably well with just a brush and some soap.

You will get black scorch marks on them from oils, particularly if you cook with high heat, but those will come off with a brillo pad and some scrubbing. I've yet to see any permanent discoloration and I'm fairly rough on pans.

The only real critique I have is that the edges of the set, particularly the frying pans, aren't turned under to present a smoother surface. While this doubtless keeps things from collecting and burning in there, it also makes the edge of the pan difficult to grip when scrubbing in the sink.

Both the lids and the pans are metal utensil friendly and dishwasher safe, though, again, you'll need a brillo pad if you want them to stay pretty and not just sanitary.

--Killfile

killfile

quality posts: 2 Private Messages killfile
robor007 wrote:I don't see lids for the skillets. Do the lids for the pots fit on them? You can't make a perfect omelette without a lid.

Yes. There is at least one lid that fits everything in the set.

--Killfile

robor007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robor007
killfile wrote:Yes. There is at least one lid that fits everything in the set.

Thank you! I'm sold.

joshpuse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshpuse

come on woot.. let's see at least one set of induction-safe cookware!

BuddTX

quality posts: 6 Private Messages BuddTX

Thank you everyone for all the comments, you helped me decide!

In for one!

NewYork

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NewYork

I've had the 2-qt saucepan for about 2 years, and it's great. Cleans nicely with a nylon scouring pad, and the outer surface still has its mirror polish. Heavy stainless, heavy-duty handles and rivets, and the handles stay cool despite being all-metal.
Will be getting this set for sure; the price is just too good to pass up. My grandkids will be using these someday.

New York NY

lzboy

rahil123 wrote:Multi-clad: no
Encapsulated base: yes
Low-end: no
18/10: yes

Could you share where you got this information from, please?

lzboy

corvettejoe wrote:
***EDIT: Found this one their website for the Chef Classic Stainless series:
Aluminum encapsulated base; Stainless Steel Interior and Exterior

so yes, Tri-Ply.

The Chef Classic line is not tri-ply. The aluminum core covers only the base, as stated in the description. It does not go over the sides.

Like I said in my post above, the "CLCS" in the title seems to indicate that this is the Chef Classic line. However, the pictures do not show an aluminum base.

It would be great if Woot would shed some light on exactly what line this set belongs to.

NewYork

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NewYork
troi4001 wrote:As I said in a post above, I bought this exact set last week. The instructions say to NOT use steel wool, they will scratch the interior.

The interiors have a matte finish, so SOS pads ought to do no harm. The exteriors, on the other hand, are mirror-smooth, and you'd definitely mar that with regular or even fine (SOS) steel wool. Use 3M or similar (nylon) and you'll be fine. I've had no trouble getting even burnt food off with just a 3M pad.

New York NY

billthegunowner

quality posts: 14 Private Messages billthegunowner

So, this is not non-stick cookware?

Bill