WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

If you're not among the 571,349 people who had already seen this by the time I wrote this post, allow me to introduce you to a recut trailer for Monty Python and the Holy Grail that recasts it as a grim, violent epic. I do wish the fonts were a little more convincing, but otherwise, it's brilliant enough to revive the moribund trailer-remix genre.

Watch Watch This First first, every weekday morning. Because the best way to start the day is to start it a few minutes later.

CatCK

quality posts: 52 Private Messages CatCK

I hadn't seen this. It was great. There were a couple of scenes that I think they should have left out if they were going for true seriousness, but they did a really good job.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

The first time I read this, I thought you said watch this straight.
I'm not sure anyone was when they watched it the first time.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Woot!!!

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Woot!!!

He's fixed the font!

NOT woot! Staff

mrigg86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrigg86

Haha! That was awesome! Haven't seen the movie for years and currently trying to find where I put it.

Ginarae914

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ginarae914

LOVE IT! this is one of my favorite movies of all time and this trailer was brilliant - just as the movie is! I'm going to watch this movie this weekend now.....

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime
CatCK wrote:I hadn't seen this. It was great. There were a couple of scenes that I think they should have left out if they were going for true seriousness, but they did a really good job.

I agree. I know part of it is my preconceived bias toward the source material making it hard to hear most of the quotes without thinking of the original context, but "run away!" doesn't exactly elicit thoughts of "epic medieval battle". Ultimately, it was still very well done.

CatCK

quality posts: 52 Private Messages CatCK
HomerTime wrote:I agree. I know part of it is my preconceived bias toward the source material making it hard to hear most of the quotes without thinking of the original context, but "run away!" doesn't exactly elicit thoughts of "epic medieval battle". Ultimately, it was still very well done.

YES, that is one of the scenes I was referring to. The other is when the Knight of Ni holds up the herring.

Probably my favorite comedy movie of all time.

dkendrafran7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkendrafran7

I didn't appreciate Monty Python until the last decade or so (when I finally learned to laugh at myself). But, this is a great way to sucker in those who don't know Monty Python at all!

Very well done!