WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

AOC Monitors

It must be tough trying to buy a monitor when you don't have a monitor. Not only can you not read this, but you can't even see the monitors we're selling right below here, which you need so desperately. It's like you're trapped in a sensory-deprivation prison of no escape. Hopefully your mouse will happen to click the correct series of buttons to get one to your door.
AOC official site

mrmnkyz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrmnkyz

Just wanted to say that my 27" AOC I got a few months ago from woot was awesome. Not a single con I can think of, from color reproduction to contrast, it has been a great monitor. I was really impressed how much better the color and sharpness was improved over my previous florescent-backlit even though they are both 1080p. If you were thinking about buying a new monitor, go big and pick up the 27 incher, you wont be disappointed.

cjsutherland

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cjsutherland
mrmnkyz wrote:Just wanted to say that my 27" AOC I got a few months ago from woot was awesome. Not a single con I can think of, from color reproduction to contrast, it has been a great monitor. I was really impressed how much better the color and sharpness was improved over my previous florescent-backlit even though they are both 1080p. If you were thinking about buying a new monitor, go big and pick up the 27 incher, you wont be disappointed.

I agree. Besides the lack of mounting options (which I don't care about)...great monitor.

Tom's Hardware gave it the thumbs up...and they are a great site for independent reviews.

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 318197

Great picture, great price.

Only con is that the neck on the stand will wobble if you bump your desk.

The wobble isn't that bad but will be present on the models with the rounded base.

redlyn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redlyn

Bought the 27" AOC a couple months ago. My computer geek son said it looked like good deals on IPS monitors and he would go for the big one. Next to my 23", it is alot bigger.... I love it! It was perfect.

xochiluvr

quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr

I'd be all over the usb powered monitor if it were at least 1600x900, but at 1366x768, it wouldn't be worth the added carry weight. No wonder it ended up on woot.

zig503

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zig503

I currently own an AOC E2243FW 22” LED Monitor and I love the monitor. I have had it for a year and a half now and haven't had a single problem. I also have a second monitor that I'm looking to replace because its not full HD.
So my question is can some one explain the difference between the AOC E2243FW 22” LED Monitor and the AOC 2269VW-B 22"

AutoTechInSTL

quality posts: 6 Private Messages AutoTechInSTL

Forget the Monitors.. how much for that purple plant in the window?

Steve was DELICIOUS!

kolme

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kolme

woot's already out of those sexy 23" 1080 hdmi ones.... Sad day...

csublime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages csublime

How has 1080p become a selling point?

My 5 year old 24" Dell monitor has higher native resolution. I can't imagine using a larger monitor with a lower resolution.

drovnic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drovnic
csublime wrote:How has 1080p become a selling point?

My 5 year old 24" Dell monitor has higher native resolution. I can't imagine using a larger monitor with a lower resolution.

you had a 4k display 5 years ago?

csublime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages csublime
drovnic wrote:you had a 4k display 5 years ago?

4k is not the only higher resolution.

currently running 1920x1200, 1080p is just 1920x1080.

I wouldn't do a larger monitor if it wasn't 2560 x 1440. 24" is already pushing it at normal computer sitting distance.

Also, 4k is a bit of a crock.. they switched to advertising horizontal instead of vertical. It is a resolution of 3840x2160.. so following the previous labeling it should be called 2160p or 1080p would have been "2k"

ienvyno1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ienvyno1

If it hasn't already been invented, then I'm going to create adapters that will encase monitors without mounting holes (Sleek design,of course) that allow you to mount the monitor of any size to a wall bracket. Kind of like the 27" displayed here .

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 37 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

I have the 27 inch IPS monitor. It's great. Buy one.

IPS = In Plane Switching.
"A type of LCD panel technology. In this type of panel, when no electric current is running through the liquid crystal cells, the cells naturally align in liquid crystal cells in a horizontal direction between two substrate panes of glass which blocks the transmission of light from the backlight. This renders the crystals opaque and results in a black display screen. When an electric current is applied, the liquid crystal cells are able rotate freely through 90° allowing light to pass through resulting in a white display screen. IPS panels have superior image quality, good contrast ratio and wide viewing angles of up to 178°. IPS panels are well suited for graphics design and other applications which require accurate and consistent color reproduction."

corvettejoe

quality posts: 24 Private Messages corvettejoe

I wish AOC would put their ports back in the monitor and include vesa mount holes on the back. Some people like mounting options.

Bought one of these refurbs a long while back for my grandma's failing monitor. It's super thin and light, almost scary thing (flexes a little, so I instructed her to set it and leave it alone) but the brightness, color and all was excellent, especially for the refurb price!

I keep eyeballing that 27"... but I already have a old 24" Sammy with much higher resolution. Plus i can't mount that 27" on my swing arm mount

medscript

quality posts: 4 Private Messages medscript
AutoTechInSTL wrote:Forget the Monitors.. how much for that purple plant in the window?

Thank you! Someone else also noticed the awesome plant in the background...too bad we will never know since this is clearly a photoshopped image.

groberts1980

quality posts: 6 Private Messages groberts1980

I've got a 22" AOC monitor, and it's great, but the permanent base and lack of VESA mount really sucks. I can't even fathom why they would produce monitors with a base that doesn't come off and lacks VESA mounting.

Also, 1080p is too small a resolution for 27". I have 24" screens at work and they're 1920x1200. At 27" it should be even higher than 1200, or at least 1200.

k0ugs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages k0ugs

Very interested in the USB monitor. Any previous Wooters have a review?

(>.<)\m/

nebelhund

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nebelhund
k0ugs wrote:Very interested in the USB monitor. Any previous Wooters have a review?

Not from Woot, but we have several of the usb monitors at work. They are very useful for what they are, temporary "desktop" space.
I'm part of the IT group and we use them quite a bit. Resolution is fine for what they are. Its not something you buy to keep permanently next to your desktop, but for travel and ease of movement they do a good job and value imho.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
medscript wrote:Thank you! Someone else also noticed the awesome plant in the background...too bad we will never know since this is clearly a photoshopped image.

Ha! I came into the forum to see if anyone else was checking it out. It's very pretty.

xygar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xygar

Anybody have anything to say about the 2269VW-B (22" 1080p "bezel-less"). I'm really interested if the bezel is as tiny as in the pics, but I can't find any reviews of it and this review of a similar AOC has me doubting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIbIIGxwXh4

xygar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xygar

Well, I found out Best Buy carries the I2269VW. And it has some pretty good reviews (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AOC+-+21.5%22+IPS+LED+HD+Monitor+-+Black/8163044.p?id=1218864514315&skuId=8163044&ref=25&loc=SHP&srccode=cii_45538312&cpncode=33-163928811-2#tab=reviews)

One reviewer complains:
"The display does not stretch to the edges of the monitor like the picture would lead you to believe. Not a negative for the product, but for Best Buy's display of the product."

So it looks like I have my answer. This display is not as "bezel-less" as they would want you to believe .

I'm on the fence still on this one.

frambled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frambled
xygar wrote:Well, I found out Best Buy carries the I2269VW. And it has some pretty good reviews (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AOC+-+21.5%22+IPS+LED+HD+Monitor+-+Black/8163044.p?id=1218864514315&skuId=8163044&ref=25&loc=SHP&srccode=cii_45538312&cpncode=33-163928811-2#tab=reviews)

One reviewer complains:
"The display does not stretch to the edges of the monitor like the picture would lead you to believe. Not a negative for the product, but for Best Buy's display of the product."

So it looks like I have my answer. This display is not as "bezel-less" as they would want you to believe .

I'm on the fence still on this one.

If you search "i2269Vw" on youtube you can see a bunch of crude video reviews; but they allow you to see the bezel. It is indeed falsely represented, but not a deal breaker for me.

What is a deal breaker is why I would buy a factory reconditioned monitor that I'll get in 10 days and includes a 90 day warranty, when I can go pick one up from best-buy same day brand new with a standard 3 year warranty for $15 more.

mikeypeavy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikeypeavy
drovnic wrote:you had a 4k display 5 years ago?

My roommate had a 23in HP monitor that was 2560 x 1440 and another with higher than that from roughly 5 years ago, and it was about $150 at the time. One reason 1080P is a selling point is because everybody has been led to believe that 1080P is the end-all be-all. The reason higher resolution monitors cost more is because 1080P has been set as the "standard" and now they can charge significantly more (for higher resolution) because they can.

spoonyspork

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spoonyspork

So... no one else has had a problem with blues being *really* purple on these? Everything else looks fine, but blue is definitely too purple, no matter what settings are changed.

(specifically, I speak of the 22" regular bezel one)

snarky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snarky

Has anyone run into issues with these monitors only displaying a white screen and nothing else? No OSD, nada...

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

snarky wrote:Has anyone run into issues with these monitors only displaying a white screen and nothing else? No OSD, nada...

If you're experiencing issues with your purchase, we recommend that you contact AOC Support as the product should still be covered under the 90 Day AOC warranty.

If you encounter any problems seeking help, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.