Here is a good review from PC World

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

bmrbill

quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill

Here's a PC Advisor review.

combatsys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages combatsys

This item was discontinued on September 12, 2013.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3284 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Some additional info can be found over at bhphotovideo.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3284 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check put this overview

expertune

quality posts: 1 Private Messages expertune

Looks like you need to buy extra cable to connect to your computer. It comes with usb cable for file transfer

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100

65 lumens sound wholly inadequate but you'd be surprised by how bright it actually is. I don't own this but I do own 3M's projector sleeve for the iPhone, which only outputs 35 lumen. I bought it as a joke, thinking that it'll be sitting in the closet within a week. I mean, who wants to have to darken a room completely just to watch a video. Well, much to my surprise, 35 lumens was bright enough to use in a room bright enough to read and take notes. And the image was about 9' away. It was certainly usable for conference room presentations and maybe even in a small classroom. So it went from a toy to a business tool. This outputs almost twice as many lumens and offer many more options. My guess is that the output will be quite usable personally and professionally.

thormj

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thormj

I suppose I'll keep waiting.

I keep thinking I'd like to get a mini-projector for doing structured-light 3d scanning, but I gotta keep hobby tasks under a C note nowadays....

fartingcow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fartingcow
expertune wrote:Looks like you need to buy extra cable to connect to your computer. It comes with usb cable for file transfer

I am trying to find the cable before deciding to buy but impossible to find. It's called 3m computer cable, bhp had it listed as discontinued. One thing for the projector to be old but for their standard cable to be so rare is an interesting fact.

sdc100

fartingcow wrote:I am trying to find the cable before deciding to buy but impossible to find. It's called 3m computer cable, bhp had it listed as discontinued. One thing for the projector to be old but for their standard cable to be so rare is an interesting fact.

Yeah, read this Amazon review before buying any cable. Apparently, the cable on 3M's own site does not fit the projector.

sdc100

fartingcow wrote:I am trying to find the cable before deciding to buy but impossible to find. It's called 3m computer cable, bhp had it listed as discontinued. One thing for the projector to be old but for their standard cable to be so rare is an interesting fact.

I think this is the cable you need. SInce the title says that it's "for MP220, MP180 and MP160," perhaps any cable that works for the MP180 and MP160 would also work for the MP220.

siahsc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siahsc

For this model MP220, on Amazon, it says 2GB internal memory but the spec for this deal says 1GB. Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks.

ienvyno1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ienvyno1

Here's a good review to look at about this product.http://www.trustedreviews.com/3m-mp220_Projector_review

BrendaAnnD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BrendaAnnD

You must be talking about this one: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_EU/EUMobileInteractiveSolutions/Home/Products/ProdCatalogue/?N=5002508+4294874478&rt=d Problem is, they don't tell you how to get one. This sounds like a nice projector, and I'd love to get one, but if I can't get the cable..

sdc100 wrote:I think this is the cable you need. SInce the title says that it's "for MP220, MP180 and MP160," perhaps any cable that works for the MP180 and MP160 would also work for the MP220.

Brenda Ann Dyer

BrendaAnnD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BrendaAnnD

This one at least is handy:

Replacement RGB cable

Brenda Ann Dyer

0ldeag1e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0ldeag1e
conanthelibrarian wrote:Check put this overview

Uh - why? This clip doesn't tell you ANYTHING about the projector. And what's with the sound? The whole pitch is a mumble. Unless you're hinting at something...

Cherrypicker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Cherrypicker

Can you charge the battery while projecting? I know this makes it less portable, but if you need more than 2 hours (....yeah,, long meetings) can you plug it in and keep it charged while in use?

Cherrypicker

sdc100 wrote:I think this is the cable you need. SInce the title says that it's "for MP220, MP180 and MP160," perhaps any cable that works for the MP180 and MP160 would also work for the MP220.

This place has the cable in stock....

Update 4:00PM CDT. My order, which was first accepted, has been canceled and refund issued, and this URL no longer works...

Cherrypicker

...and here is a link to the USER MANUAL ... CLICK

yesmyok

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yesmyok

This looks pretty good. But I have personal experience with this: http://www.woot.com/offers/pico-travel-projector-16

Sure it's a little more and less lumens but I'm pretty sure it comes with the cable.

I have one and love it. It's only 18 lumens but in a darker room it's bright enough, has good throw and the picture is pretty good. I bought mine on woot a year ago and it's working like a champ. Probably not the best for business use, but then again I have taken my to the office and dimmed the lights with no problem. I transfer to my sd card so I can't comment on hooking it up to anything yet.

baldbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baldbear
Cherrypicker wrote:Can you charge the battery while projecting? I know this makes it less portable, but if you need more than 2 hours (....yeah,, long meetings) can you plug it in and keep it charged while in use?

Yes you can.

Frogbyte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Frogbyte

Does this come with a remote control for slide presentation? Anybody know?

coopercm79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coopercm79
expertune wrote:Looks like you need to buy extra cable to connect to your computer. It comes with usb cable for file transfer

This is exactly right. There is special 3M proprietary cable that is needed to project from a laptop using VGA.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_EU/EUMobileInteractiveSolutions/Home/Products/ProdCatalogue/?N=5002508+4294874478&rt=d

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy

1024x600, not even HD. No thanks.

1280x720 would have been a maybe.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

versusforward

quality posts: 0 Private Messages versusforward

Worthless without the proprietary video cable that's discontinued and, even if you could find, costs an additional $60. Otherwise you're stuck converting all your movies to 720p Mp4's.

davidappel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davidappel

I own it, and indeed the cables are impossible to find. Brightness and color are surprisingly good. At full brightness and running a video the fan noise is pretty loud. Louder than my Benq w1070. It does run android as it's OS so you can download apk's to a microSD and load them on. I've done it. It will play mkv's but I haven't gotten sound to work with them.

jesspsteere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesspsteere

Is this really a special cable? It looks like a not-uncommon VGA to HDMI cable like you can find at radioshack or cables to go. Can someone enlighten me?

jesspsteere

Would this work? http://www.cablestogo.com/product/54188

Cherrypicker

jesspsteere wrote:Is this really a special cable? It looks like a not-uncommon VGA to HDMI cable like you can find at radioshack or cables to go. Can someone enlighten me?

Trying to find out right now from 3M mobile products support, but have been on hold for 45 minutes.... will advise if I find out.

jesspsteere

Thanks! I REALLY appreciate it! I need something like this, and if I can get it all done for less than about $200, it would be worth it!

davidappel

It's not HDMI or mini hdmi. Definitely proprietary. All the cable options are analog. Composite, component, vga.

jesspsteere

Ok. Did you check out the link I posted?

davidappel

jesspsteere wrote:Ok. Did you check out the link I posted?

Yes, the connector on the projector does look similar to a display port connection but it is different. If you find a good pic of the connector on the projector and compare it to a display port connector, you'll notice the difference.

I do hope someone can find the vga cable. I have had no luck.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

I sense Woot's going to have a lot of angry customers that just bought into this without reading the comments. This is equivalent to buying a car without a steering wheel. Then discovering the steering wheel uses some proprietary connection that isn't made anymore.

These are the items you should avoid selling Woot...

aaronhenry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaronhenry
davidappel wrote:... I've done it. It will play mkv's but I haven't gotten sound to work with them.

Side note: I imagine your MKVs may have been encoded with surround sound (which is common for BD backups) and can't be played on stereo devices out of the box. I found that issue with playing MKVs from my home cloud on my phone.

Cherrypicker

Cherrypicker wrote:Trying to find out right now from 3M mobile products support, but have been on hold for 45 minutes.... will advise if I find out.

Okay, believe it not, I am STILL on hold with 3M, now approaching 4 hours. While on hold on this line, I called them on another line, left a voice message, based on their repeating message-on-hold that said leave a message and we'll call back w/i 2 hours. Needless to say, haven't gotten a callback, either.

I'll stay on hold, I guess, till 5PM CDT when I leave work, and they shut down....or unless someone actually answers before then. Pretty ridiculous, really.

Cherrypicker

Cherrypicker wrote:Okay, believe it not, I am STILL on hold with 3M, now approaching 4 hours. While on hold on this line, I called them on another line, left a voice message, based on their repeating message-on-hold that said leave a message and we'll call back w/i 2 hours. Needless to say, haven't gotten a callback, either.

I'll stay on hold, I guess, till 5PM CDT when I leave work, and they shut down....or unless someone actually answers before then. Pretty ridiculous, really.

===============

Never did get anyone to answer my call. However, I did receive the following DISAPPOINTING reply to my email request....

The MP220 accessories have been discontinued and are unavailable. As is with the usb cable included, you will only be able to transfer photos, videos, and office files directly to the projectors internal or external micro sd card memory to display the files using the projector’s internal software. Due to the projector having a proprietary input connection, there is no alternative cable that can be used. If you need the projector to work with any other devices, we can only suggest to return the unit if within the dealer’s return policy, and to purchase another model with standard cable connections such as the MP300 (HDMI) and the MP410 (VGA cable comes in package and has HDMI input) projectors. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
3M MISD Technical Assistance Center