Cherrypicker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Cherrypicker

Okay, here's a possible work-around to the VGA cable unavailability issue. Yes, it would be a bit clunky, but pretty sure it would work. For $30, I'm taking the chance, and have ordered the pair. Available from Amazon.

UPDATE - 9/28/13 - This works very well! Much better picture clarity than I had thought might be possible - nearly as good as what native VGA should be. And because the converter is power via USB from the laptop, it's still a truly portable solution, good for as long as the batteries in the projector and the laptop last.

jerry1442

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerry1442

I cant believe I bought this b4 seeing all of these comments...do you guys think this will fit?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/3M-VGA-Projector-Cable-for-MP225-Projector-VC05W/17338824

jerry1442

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerry1442
jerry1442 wrote:I cant believe I bought this b4 seeing all of these comments...do you guys think this will fit?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/3M-VGA-Projector-Cable-for-MP225-Projector-VC05W/17338824

NVM...thats out everywhere as well

myerger12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myerger12

Just so no one makes the mistake i did, this product although looks great you cannot use it becuase there are no cables availible for it...anywhere. Unless you plan on loading an image(s) onto an SD this product is useless. I bought it and then found out that I cant buy the cables anywhere...looks like i have a very expensive flashlight!

mikeheathermanjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeheathermanjr
sdc100 wrote:I think this is the cable you need. SInce the title says that it's "for MP220, MP180 and MP160," perhaps any cable that works for the MP180 and MP160 would also work for the MP220.

I bought the projector on Woot week before last when it was at great price. I received it and open it over the weekend only to realize I had no video cable. I have searched Amazon and many other sites. I called 3M today and they told me that the cable was discontinued. 3M said that the MP220 cable is special, it will not work with an MP180 or MP410 or any other 3M cable.

I can't believe that Woot and others are still selling the projector with no cables in stock. This is useless projector to me without a video cable. I am still searching. If anyone finds a place to buy cables, please let me know. Thank you.

daviddmiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daviddmiller

Cherrypicker: Did it work? I tried something similar, but instead of the converter box, I bought a vga to composite adaptor cable. Did not work; could see a b/w out of sync image of my computer being projected, but that was the best I could do.

daviddmiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daviddmiller

Cherrypicker: Did it work? I tried something similar, but instead of the converter box, I bought a vga to composite adaptor cable. Did not work; could see a b/w out of sync image of my computer being projected, but that was the best I could do.

Cherrypicker wrote:Okay, here's a possible work-around to the VGA cable unavailability issue. Yes, it would be a bit clunky, but pretty sure it would work. For $30, I'm taking the chance, and have ordered the pair. Available from Amazon.

matthewltaylor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthewltaylor

Yeah. This is my first time ordering from Woot, heard about it all my life, about to regret it I think.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

matthewltaylor wrote:Yeah. This is my first time ordering from Woot, heard about it all my life, about to regret it I think.

Sorry for the late reply.

Are you experiencing issues with your order/purchase?
If so, I recommend that you email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.
They'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Cherrypicker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Cherrypicker
daviddmiller wrote:Cherrypicker: Did it work? I tried something similar, but instead of the converter box, I bought a vga to composite adaptor cable. Did not work; could see a b/w out of sync image of my computer being projected, but that was the best I could do.

Yes, this actually works quite well. I was frankly very pleased with quality of the image, given that it is only a composite video representation, not true digital. But, it is absolutely usable!