WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

UltraMurals College Football Stadiums

College football stadiums are some of the most hallowed ground in America - but it's too bad about all those people. These canvas photo murals put you there without 95,000 of your closest friends.
UltraMurals official site

mskitty42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mskitty42

Wah -- you left out Autzen Stadium in Eugene, so no sale here.

jrom4444

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrom4444

They left out The Hill at Clemson which I imagine will offend alumni from there. I did not attend but leaving it out is like leaving out The Neck at LSU.

idk4u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idk4u

I was excited to see this I was going to buy one for myself and one for my father inlaw for xmas.

Then I looked and there was no TCF bank stadium (MN Golden Gophers) for myself or Kinnick (Iowa Hawkeyes) for my father in law.

[MOD EDIT] Let's play nice

sagtarheels1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sagtarheels1

The mural of Spartan Stadium must be at least two years old... Not showing the new renovations there...

VetteLT193

quality posts: 6 Private Messages VetteLT193

I have better pictures of stadiums than these.

If I wanted a picture from a fan blown up and printed I'd take my own and print it. Usually spending the extra money on not doing this yourself is because the picture itself is something that is better / a shot you can't normally take.

These pictures are quite simply... BAD.

Toynbert

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Toynbert

They left out Georgia Tech too

Stupid should hurt.

mattultramurals

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mattultramurals

Hi! This is Matt from UltraMurals, I will be checking in on the message board over the next few days to help answer any questions. I am really excited that we can offer these canvases for sale on woot! They all look great printed out, the images selected have been popular sellers in the past and we have tried to capture the atmosphere of each stadium.

I apologize in advance if your favorite team is not available, there are so many great and popular teams and we could only list so many due to inventory constraints.

jfranks09

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jfranks09

How do you leave out Doak Campbell, but put Miami in it (which doesn't even have its own college football stadium)?

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
VetteLT193 wrote:I have better pictures of stadiums than these.

If I wanted a picture from a fan blown up and printed I'd take my own and print it. Usually spending the extra money on not doing this yourself is because the picture itself is something that is better / a shot you can't normally take.

These pictures are quite simply... BAD.

They are better pictures than the baseball stadium ones. There is no giant hairy guy holding up a cell phone featured in these.

widdlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages widdlie
wisenekt wrote:They are better pictures than the baseball stadium ones. There is no giant hairy guy holding up a cell phone featured in these.

I agree. Not only in the Penn State stadium white out including a picture of the visitors section, but it leaves out the student section, including the band. Seems like the student section and band should always be included.

melmains

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melmains

Re: the lack of current photos, the Nebraska mural uses a photo from 2007, what appears to be the pre-game warm-up of an epic beat-down at the hands of USC that became the final nail in the coffin for a certain head coach. Uh, no thanks. I saw it in person.

bartdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bartdog

No Florida State! :'(

Phillystyle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Phillystyle

Interesting choices for Miami & North Carolina. No fans in the stands.

While cool on some level, you can't say "There's no game today, but here's a whirlybird!" and call it even. ;)

SonnyPalta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SonnyPalta

Would be nice if you had done the Orange Bowl and not that POS Joe Robbie/Landshark/ProPlayer/Sunlife/Dolphin stadium the Canes are forced to play in these days...

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma

USC is only Pac-12? No Oregon, no sale.

1singularity1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1singularity1

Where is North Dakota?????

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 37 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

Above comments left by impossible to please whiners. I say Go Dawgs! and I'm in for Sanford Stadium.

http://www.georgiadogs.com/facilities/sanford-stadium.html

kotabugmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kotabugmom

Is the USC University of Southern CA, or University of South Carolina?

jgcair

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jgcair

How can you leave out Bobby Dodd Stadium at Grant Field home of The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. The oldest stadium in the FBS. See the famous Ramblin Wreck drive on the field! GO JACKETS!!!!

jgc

douglasvblair

quality posts: 0 Private Messages douglasvblair
jfranks09 wrote:How do you leave out Doak Campbell, but put Miami in it (which doesn't even have its own college football stadium)?

Amen! Where's Doak and Bobby Bowden Field?

Douglas V Blair

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Love the photo of Camp Randall. Great idea to take a picture with the empty student section in the background. Everyone knows they do not show up until the last beer is gone at the house party across the street.

mattultramurals

kotabugmom wrote:Is the USC University of Southern CA, or University of South Carolina?

University of Southern California

bamarph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bamarph
1singularity1 wrote:Where is North Dakota?????

right above South Dakota

bamarph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bamarph

The photo of Bryant-Denny is an old one. It doesn't even show the South Upper Deck that kicked the capacity above 102K. You couldn't even give me this pic for free.

mattultramurals

emmabean2000 wrote:Love the photo of Camp Randall. Great idea to take a picture with the empty student section in the background. Everyone knows they do not show up until the last beer is gone at the house party across the street.

The game here is starting and while almost full there are a few seats still filling in... we chose the image because the shot just looks great on canvas and by no means do we mean to take anything away from one of the best student sections in all of college football. They are home to one of my favorite new traditions in all of sport! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVS87pYQNvw

missymurphy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missymurphy

I'd love to buy these for my sons but I think their wives would shoot me !!!

edko1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edko1
mskitty42 wrote:Wah -- you left out Autzen Stadium in Eugene, so no sale here.

Ditto

rickmoody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickmoody

The have to be some of the worst photos I have ever seen. Looks like some random shot taken from some random seat in the crowd. Horrible product in my opinion.

ncsuwolf96

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ncsuwolf96
Phillystyle wrote:Interesting choices for Miami & North Carolina. No fans in the stands.

Watch one of either teams games and it would be equally embarrassing due to the lack of fans in the stands.

phildozer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages phildozer
bamarph wrote:right above South Dakota

Well-played.

trendon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trendon

I think if I look closely enough, I can see Bill Callahan in Lincoln and I want to throw a dart at it.

In any case, what would have been really cool is if there was a nice mural of Nebraska's visit to South Bend ... there was as much red as anything else.

slavnar

quality posts: 3 Private Messages slavnar
mskitty42 wrote:Wah -- you left out Autzen Stadium in Eugene, so no sale here.

Same

c6cole

quality posts: 1 Private Messages c6cole

Go Blue

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 37 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

A couple things. First, I don't think these little thumbnails do justice to the actual product. I'm sure they look quite good printed full size and on the wall, instead of as a little 2 by 4 inch picture on your screen. Second, these people who claim they could take a better photo themselves are obviously not photographers. Sorry, but you can't take a photo anything like that with your crappy little automatic pocket camera with the image sensor the size of a shirt button. It doesn't have anywhere near enough resolution to produce this kind of image printed in such a large size. Never mind the fact that you could never make a print like this, unless you are a professional printer and own machines that cost tens of thousands of dollars. People like the above whiners are the bane of photography. They have this stupid notion that they could take a photo just as good. No, you can't. And you can't print it either.

dimustrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dimustrace

No Autzen Stadium, no sale. Sorry.

soudes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soudes

Woot screwed up (BIG TIME) and delivered the wrong school.

If anyone got a Michigan and wants a Nebraska, let me know.

I nearly vomited when I saw fans dressed in red (I thought they sent me a picture of that school from Columbus).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

soudes wrote:Woot screwed up (BIG TIME) and delivered the wrong school.

If anyone got a Michigan and wants a Nebraska, let me know.

I nearly vomited when I saw fans dressed in red (I thought they sent me a picture of that school from Columbus).

Egads. So sorry about that. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

soudes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soudes
ThunderThighs wrote:Egads. So sorry about that. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Did that.

Unfortunately, my only option is to lug the big box back to UPS for a return. No Michigan for me.