WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Floorcare

Do you want to live in a hut made of mud? NO! You want to live in a fine home with carpets and televisions and a complete lack of tiger traps and wild boar! Get something now, clear your home later, and live like a human, instead of some kind of cave ape.

MosquitoControl


quality posts: 15 Private Messages MosquitoControl

After years, it's finally time to get one of these.

Is the DC41 really worth $70 over the DC25? I have mixed floors - mostly hardwood but some short carpet.

loridodt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages loridodt
MosquitoControl wrote:After years, it's finally time to get one of these.

Is the DC41 really worth $70 over the DC25? I have mixed floors - mostly hardwood but some short carpet.



I just bought the DC25 all floors ball vacuum, but I did my research 1st. For me the DC25 did everything I needed, plus all of the reviews did favor the DC25. They are Dyson! What more can I say?

northcjr


quality posts: 2 Private Messages northcjr

Can anyone comment on the DC 26? I have mainly hardwood and a few rugs. How is the price compared to what others paid?

northcjr


quality posts: 2 Private Messages northcjr

Should the only 6 month warranty be a deal killer? New comes with a 5 year warranty... Does Dyson not have much faith in their refurbs?

wyk3d


quality posts: 2 Private Messages wyk3d

Are any of these the animal versions of their model or are they just the regular all floors models?

mdnorman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

You're doing it again woot!

For the DC23 canister vac you're describing the "Turbinehead" but you are displaying images of the "Motorhead."

northcjr


quality posts: 2 Private Messages northcjr
mdnorman wrote:You're doing it again woot!

For the DC23 canister vac you're describing the "Turbinehead" but you are displaying images of the "Powerhead."



Woot please confirm what is included, I am about the pull the trigger!

mirnen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mirnen
wyk3d wrote:Are any of these the animal versions of their model or are they just the regular all floors models?



The DC41s sold last week-ish were specifically not the Animal version. I'm betting these are probably the same, sorry! It did not come with the Tangle-Free Turbine Tool, which as far as I can tell is the only difference.

That being said, I bought one (love it, by the way -- stomps my poor old Eureka into the ground -- and I don't have pets anyway) and it came with an extra attachment anyway -- the Mini Turbine Head. I had to kind of hunt it down online, as it doesn't mention it in the instructions either. I have no idea if this is something that applied to all of them or not (it was stated nowhere in the sale), and it is not specifically the attachment that the Animal version would include, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

manhandsha


quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

northcjr wrote:Woot please confirm what is included, I am about the pull the trigger!



I just emailed to see if we can confirm. I'll update my post as soon as I have the details.

UPDATE: Word from the vendor is that the photos are, in fact, correct. We're selling the turbinehead. Hope that helps!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

northcjr


quality posts: 2 Private Messages northcjr

I hate to have to bring this up. But is this the same vacuum on the mother AZON site? With FREE shipping and an actual return policy???

http://www.amazon.com/DC23-Canister-Vacuum-Cleaner-Refurbished/dp/B004H1RPQK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

If someone more knowledgeable than I can show this is a different model please let me know!!

mdnorman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
manhandsha wrote:I just emailed to see if we can confirm. I'll update my post as soon as I have the details.

UPDATE: Word from the vendor is that the photos are, in fact, correct. Hope that helps!



I already gave you the details. I recommend that you ask your vendor if the photo of the DC23 for this sale shows a Turbinehead or a Motorhead. Or, you can see how woot fumbled around with this same issue during a prior sale.

http://www.woot.com/plus/dyson-vacuums-fans

[MOD EDIT] No need to get personal.

mdnorman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
northcjr wrote:I hate to have to bring this up. But is this the same vacuum on the mother AZON site? With FREE shipping and an actual return policy???

http://www.amazon.com/DC23-Canister-Vacuum-Cleaner-Refurbished/dp/B004H1RPQK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

If someone more knowledgeable than I can show this is a different model please let me know!!



The vacuum you are looking at on Amazon actually DOES show the turbinehead, while the photo of a "DC23" here on woot shows a motorhead. But I understand woot will not actually be sending out vacuums with motorheads at this price, so I wish they would stop baiting us.

lorenzodemedici


quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
MosquitoControl wrote:After years, it's finally time to get one of these.

Is the DC41 really worth $70 over the DC25? I have mixed floors - mostly hardwood but some short carpet.



The DC41 is a current model, presumably has improvements compared to older models. Dyson doesn't show the DC25 on their web site as a current model, so I'm not sure if it is or not. You can still buy them new.

The DC41 is bigger, newer, has more suction, and a longer cord. I can't directly compare it to the DC25 since I don't own that one.

People seem to either love or hate Dysons, depending mostly on whether or not theirs has broken. If you're the kind of person who can't wait for the iPhone 5S to come out, you'll probably love your Dyson. If you're the kind of person who likes tried and true devices, maybe not so much.

northcjr


quality posts: 2 Private Messages northcjr
northcjr wrote:I hate to have to bring this up. But is this the same vacuum on the mother AZON site? With FREE shipping and an actual return policy???

http://www.amazon.com/DC23-Canister-Vacuum-Cleaner-Refurbished/dp/B004H1RPQK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

If someone more knowledgeable than I can show this is a different model please let me know!!



I just wanted to say thanks to all the Wooters who commented, I sadly found the best deal was on the mothership and purchased from them.(For a DC-23)

cornfedup


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cornfedup
mdnorman wrote:The vacuum you are looking at on Amazon actually DOES show the turbinehead, while the photo of a "DC23" here on woot shows a motorhead. But I understand woot will not actually be sending out vacuums with motorheads at this price, so I wish they would stop baiting us.



If the description is for the motorhead, and the photo is the motorhead, and Woot has confirmed that they are selling the item described, what makes you so convinced that the sale is not in fact for the motorhead? Seriously, I'm interested, because I'm thinking this is a great deal and I need one...

manhandsha


quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Hey guys- Sorry for the confusion. We are, in fact, selling the turbinehead (with wheels), as opposed to the motorhead (no wheels). This is for the DC23 model.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

MichXelle


quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
northcjr wrote:Can anyone comment on the DC 26? I have mainly hardwood and a few rugs. How is the price compared to what others paid?

We have 1 along with 4 other models and love it. Don't underestimate the DC26, it has a good amount of power, is great for stairs and any type of floors. We paid $199 or $229 about 18 to 24 mo.s ago. It's on here somewhere but we have way over 40 pages of purchases.

We recommend it highly.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle


quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
lorenzodemedici wrote:The DC41 is a current model, presumably has improvements compared to older models. Dyson doesn't show the DC25 on their web site as a current model, so I'm not sure if it is or not. You can still buy them new.

The DC41 is bigger, newer, has more suction, and a longer cord. I can't directly compare it to the DC25 since I don't own that one.

People seem to either love or hate Dysons, depending mostly on whether or not theirs has broken. If you're the kind of person who can't wait for the iPhone 5S to come out, you'll probably love your Dyson. If you're the kind of person who likes tried and true devices, maybe not so much.

I think the 41 is a slimmer and for sure is a much NEWER model. As for people loving or hating Dysons, you're right. We love them and have abandoned our pain in the butt central vac system totally. A huge motor but not nearly enough power. The Dysons blow it away. If we ever sell this home, it will be listed as having a central vac though. It does lol!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

mdnorman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
manhandsha wrote:Hey guys- Sorry for the confusion. We are, in fact, selling the turbinehead (with wheels), as opposed to the motorhead (no wheels). This is for the DC23 model.



But it's too much trouble to change the picture so you show the turbinehead (air driven), as opposed to the motorhead (motor driven)? Bummer...

mdnorman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
cornfedup wrote:If the description is for the motorhead, and the photo is the motorhead, and Woot has confirmed that they are selling the item described, what makes you so convinced that the sale is not in fact for the motorhead? Seriously, I'm interested, because I'm thinking this is a great deal and I need one...



This would be a decent deal if the motorhead was included, but what you get is what is described -- which is the turbinehead (with air driven brush bar), instead of the motorhead shown in the photos.

MichXelle


quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
mdnorman wrote:But it's too much trouble to change the picture so you show the turbinehead (air driven), as opposed to the motorhead (motor driven)? Bummer...



Youch! Change that photo!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

breaddrink


quality posts: 20 Private Messages breaddrink

They're vacuum cleaners remember.

I suppose it depends on how much you earn perhaps, but for me, the greatest investment I ever made in anything of this kind was an automatic floor vac (The roomba in my case, but really any of them do a similar job).
Since then my regular vac gets broken out once in a blue moon to get at accumulating areas the roomba can't reach.

For me, 300 dollars on a vacuum cleaner that isn't actually going to take care of this for me is too much. It isn't making that awful job all THAT much better or easier, but like a gym membership, I feel for some, the expense itself makes them feel better that they will get their stuff together to do the act in the first place if they force a high octane purchase into their psyche.

They're all good. They all suck up dirt off of your floor. They all look like a homeless persons dog after 10 years.

I bought a 60 dollar refurbed shark from woot a while back, and at the rate I'm using it, I'm not sure I'm ever going to need to buy another.

soypancho


quality posts: 1 Private Messages soypancho

I grabbed the DC33 earlier this week and holy crap. I knew my crappy $100 cordless wouldn't get everything but I couldn't believe how much it pulled out of clean looking carpet. I have carpet, tile, and hardwood floors and they all look amazing now. The duster attachment worked great on my fan blades. The other attachment wasn't perfect for my stairs so I'll probably see what else they sell for that. I'll also echo other reviews and say that the base is pretty big and doesn't fit under a lot of things but the suction is so good that getting under them with attachments doesn't feel like a chore. I'm really happy that it looks like a grown up lives here now.

gwpriester


quality posts: 3 Private Messages gwpriester

That hand held model requires a lot of arm strength. You could use it as a weight. Pumping Dyson. :-)