philkessle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages philkessle

Product page, reviews, docs etc for 26PFL4907/F7

lichme

quality posts: 3127 Private Messages lichme

Reviews from Meijer for the 29 inch and the Product Page with some reviews

DanGrossman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DanGrossman

Too much power usage for me. 45W to start for a 26" 1366x768 panel? A 26" 1920x1080 monitor for less money would use closer to 20W; within a year, the electric bill savings would pay for the little speaker set you need to use it as a "TV" assuming you have cable TV with a set-top box (no tuner needed in the monitor).

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3815 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's check out the product page on the 32" model

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3815 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (4 out of 5 stars) on the 32" model over at walmart.com

room209

quality posts: 6 Private Messages room209

eh... 4 year old TVs?

darkmagician1184

quality posts: 8 Private Messages darkmagician1184

Double drop down menu is a little overkill as each TV size is set to a specific model.

Just list the 720p/1080p next to the TV size (eg 26" 720p).

ienvyno1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ienvyno1

Is the 39" 120hz or 60hz? Walmart states this model is a 60hz tv.

jmeineke

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmeineke
ienvyno1 wrote:Is the 39" 120hz or 60hz? Walmart states this model is a 60hz tv.

Yeah woot is wrong, 39 is 60hz
http://www.usa.philips.com/c/televisions/39-inch-class-po-39pfl2608_f7/prd/en/;jsessionid=C29935637A32A656BCDC46CB9DA125DF.app102-drp1

DVolps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DVolps

Does this TV need a set of speakers? doesn't look like theres external speakers anywhere.

ienvyno1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ienvyno1

Refresh Rate: 120Hz PMR ?

Supported Display Resolution
Computer formats: 640 x 480, 60Hz, 720 x 480, 60Hz, 800 x 600, 60Hz, 1024 x 768, 60Hz, 1280 x 768, 60Hz, 1280 x 1024, 60Hz, 1360 x 768, 60Hz, 1400 x 1050, 60Hz, 1440 x 900, 60 Hz, 1680 x 1050, 60Hz, 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Video formats: 480i, 60Hz, 480p, 60Hz, 720p, 60Hz, 1080i, 60Hz, 1080p, 24,30,60Hz

Sound
Equalizer: 5-bands
Output power (RMS): 2 x 8W
Sound System: SRS TruSurround HD, Dolby Digital (AC-3), Stereo, SAP
Loudspeakers
Built-in speakers: 2

ivioo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ivioo

Do any of these tvs have a QAM tuner?

Shut up and take my money...again

janphillips

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janphillips

Does anyone know if Amazon Prime is available on these?

hardcle

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hardcle
DanGrossman wrote:Too much power usage for me. 45W to start for a 26" 1366x768 panel? A 26" 1920x1080 monitor for less money would use closer to 20W; within a year, the electric bill savings would pay for the little speaker set you need to use it as a "TV" assuming you have cable TV with a set-top box (no tuner needed in the monitor).

Energy guide sticker estimates annual power cost at $5. If a monitor used half as much power it would be closer to a decade before you'd see enough savings to buy your speakers and that's not counting the power the speakers themselves would take.

hardcle

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hardcle

I got the equivalent 32" model of this without NetTV from Woot 7 months ago. It works well and hasn't given me any trouble.

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2655270

Woot offering ANOTHER HDTV? Wow! How unusual!!!!!

telekipper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages telekipper
2655270 wrote:Woot offering ANOTHER HDTV? Wow! How unusual!!!!!

Yeah! How dare they offer us great deals every day? Another HDTV at a low price? Some serious nerve these Woot people must have. Why aren't they selling EXACTLY what you're looking for at the EXACT time that you want it? They should be ashamed.

Man, life is hard. You should write an angry letter. I'm sure they'll pick up that case of butt plugs you've been gunning for. I just hope the 40% butt plug discount will appease you, you ingrate.

magix79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magix79
2655270 wrote:Woot offering ANOTHER HDTV? Wow! How unusual!!!!!

seriously this is what a large part of Americas in the market for thank you wait, this is my next major purchase! Wish the 39" was 120 hz. As stated...

uhclem2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhclem2

[edit---] Nevermind, confused by the double dropdown. Once you pick in the second list, the screen size list is locked.

seekerktf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages seekerktf
janphillips wrote:Does anyone know if Amazon Prime is available on these?

I had the same question and did lots of searching. I can't find an explicit answer anywhere but since nothing talks about it, I will assume the answer is no. It's disappointing how many net enabled devices don't support Amazon. As I understand it, Amazon uses a different copy protection than almost everybody else, and that requires an extra chip to implement and since that costs a few extra bucks a lot of manufactures avoid it.

Sad really. This TV looks like a really good fit for the bedroom otherwise.

fuzi719

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fuzi719
magix79 wrote:seriously this is what a large part of Americas in the market for thank you wait, this is my next major purchase! Wish the 39" was 120 hz. As stated...

It is. Why do people look at Amazon instead of going directly to Philips to find out the specs: http://www.usa.philips.com/c/televisions/39-inch-class-po-39pfl2608_f7/prd/en/

ChickyChica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChickyChica

I bought the 32 inch a couple weeks ago and have been very pleased. I don't have cable or satellite so I depend on Netflix. This tv saved me from having to buy a Roku or something similar and its by far the best deal I've seen in the last couple months when it comes to tvs.

As far as performance, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Loading Netflix is a little slow compared to my PS3 (which is hooked up to a different tv) but the remote comes with a Netflix button for easy selection. The picture is good for 720p and the sound is acceptable as well. I'm not a huge sound system person though, so as long as I can hear stuff clearly I'm happy lol.

I would definitely recommend this tv, especially for the price! Cheapest tv I've found in stores has been 200-250 and this one has friggin Netflix and other apps built in. And its Philips, which has been my go-to brand since I bought my 42 inch 3-4 years ago. This will be my 3rd Philips, lol. I love it!

dshirack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dshirack

Got the 40 a couple months ago. Picture is great and setup was a breeze. I use the Netflix and Pandora apps. While it was mentioned in the last sale that Netflix is a bit slow to load, 300 bucks for the TV makes up for it. Once it's running it streams flawlessly. I will give a bit of a warning though; the box said LCD when it arrived but it was the LED so don't let your panties wad if you experience the same packaging.

A waitress once gave me crabs. She didn't get a good tip.

boomerb5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boomerb5

I bought one of the 32" models here a couple months ago. So far it has met every expectation given the price. Nice and light-weight. It picks up every local HDTV signal with a basic $5 pair of rabbit ears. The built-in network dongle runs netflix just fine. My Chromecast attached without a hitch. Only mild negative(s) so far...there is a tiny bit of light bleed around the edges...only noticeable during very dark scenes. Oh, and the remote is a little chintzy feeling...the buttons can be a bit slow to respond.

aluckyguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aluckyguy
ivioo wrote:Do any of these tvs have a QAM tuner?

I assume they all do, but I own the 40" model and can say unequivocally it does.

aluckyguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aluckyguy

I bought the 40" model a couple months ago when it was one sale and I'm very pleased with it.

One unexpected feature that works pretty nicely is the Wi-Fi MediaConnect software for your PC. Install it and then click Start Projecting, and both sound and video from your PC will immediately appear on your TV. Works much better than I expected, and a good way to share a video or what not with everyone in the room.

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
darkmagician1184 wrote:Double drop down menu is a little overkill as each TV size is set to a specific model.

Just list the 720p/1080p next to the TV size (eg 26" 720p).

uhclem2 wrote:[edit---] Nevermind, confused by the double dropdown. Once you pick in the second list, the screen size list is locked.

@darkmagician1184 & @uhclem2,

Woot does need to come up with a cleaner solution for complying with the crazy stupid California regulations requiring a different recycling tax depending on screen size.

You California folks really are gluttons for excruciating taxes and regulations. It's almost as if you feel guilty for having a nice temperate climate so the need to self-flog arises.

rwsauber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwsauber

My experience is that the refurbished electronics are simply repackage store returns. Buyer beware, there no returns, you'll have to pay for shipping to a warranty repair company that will ship you another defective unit. Don't throw your money away!

Ninkumpoop

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Ninkumpoop

And don't expect Woot to help if there's something wrong, even if you don't receive the item. I have another order that is more than a month late and after multiple emails to service@woot and personal messages to forum mods, I've only had one response from a forum mod that the issue will be "forwarded to customer service."

Service at Woot used to be great, but it is now non-existent.

jmgenens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmgenens

This couldn't have come at a better time! I'm in the process of moving and getting settled in to my new home.

Having been a 2 TV home for many years, bringing in a 3rd will help break up the arguments over Xbox VS TV in the living room (I have 3 teen/preteen sons) and allow me to sit in my room watching - or NOT watching what I like.

Thanks Woot!

infinitycubed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages infinitycubed
fuzi719 wrote:It is. Why do people look at Amazon instead of going directly to Philips to find out the specs: http://www.usa.philips.com/c/televisions/39-inch-class-po-39pfl2608_f7/prd/en/

The link you've provided here shows only 60Hz (On the Specifications page). Am I missing something?

manhandsha

quality posts: 39 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

jmeineke wrote:Yeah woot is wrong, 39 is 60hz
http://www.usa.philips.com/c/televisions/39-inch-class-po-39pfl2608_f7/prd/en/;jsessionid=C29935637A32A656BCDC46CB9DA125DF.app102-drp1

I emailed the buyer to confirm and clear up any confusion. I'll update my post when I hear back. Thanks for pointing this out!

UPDATE: Per the vendor, 29” and 39” are 120Hz PMR (Perfect Rate Motion). Hope this helps!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

thejsm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thejsm
Ninkumpoop wrote:And don't expect Woot to help if there's something wrong, even if you don't receive the item. I have another order that is more than a month late and after multiple emails to service@woot and personal messages to forum mods, I've only had one response from a forum mod that the issue will be "forwarded to customer service."

Service at Woot used to be great, but it is now non-existent.

They've always had terrible after the sale service. Hard to believe they are owned by Amazon.

It's like McDonalds owning Chipotle. Just doesn't fit.

panovack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages panovack

what is the width of the black edge on each side of the 32"?

metfan923

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metfan923

I pulled the trigger on a 32"

I hate california taxes and fees. luckily, i'm moving soon.

bluemaple

thejsm wrote:They've always had terrible after the sale service. Hard to believe they are owned by Amazon.

It's like McDonalds owning Chipotle. Just doesn't fit.

@thejsm, except that last statement is not true.

http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/fwi/fwi_facts/fwi_facts.aspx

bluemaple

metfan923 wrote:I pulled the trigger on a 32"

I hate california taxes and fees. luckily, i'm moving soon.

@metfan923, that's a good way to vote - with your feet. Unfortunately, the rest of us will be bailing out California with our federal tax $.

fredly00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredly00

First woot in a long time for me... desperately needed a TV our plasma died 2 months ago... been getting by with a 8 inch tv/vcr combo....

In for one 39incher! Merry xmas to us... there goes our xmas moneys!

Hrmm I work too early to stay up this late...