jonelin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonelin

When it says it connects wireless to your computer, does that mean I can also use this as the primary monitor for a computer?

Getting ready to build my boyfriend a new computer, but he doesn't have a monitor yet, and doesn't have room in his bedroom for both a monitor and tv, so this seems the perfect solution.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 44 Private Messages PocketBrain
metfan923 wrote:I pulled the trigger on a 32"

I hate california taxes and fees. luckily, i'm moving soon.

Oh no you don't! Once we finish that wall, you're trapped! You frickin hippies!!

jenniferbreuer4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenniferbreuer4

In all seriousness, why would anyone ever buy a refurbished TV. Wouldn't that be crazy? I am looking for a 55" to 60" and so many times I am reading and reading and it sounds so great and the price is right and then in smaller print I see "refurbished" and I'm like really! I just don't get. Who buys a refurbished TV and why? This is truly a question I am sitting here wondering about as I look for a TV.

snooty2toes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snooty2toes
telekipper wrote:

Man, life is hard. You should write an angry letter. I'm sure they'll pick up that case of butt plugs you've been gunning for. I just hope the 40% butt plug discount will appease you, you ingrate.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA jejejeje cackle snort

Beetle Breakfast

fredly00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredly00
jenniferbreuer4 wrote:In all seriousness, why would anyone ever buy a refurbished TV. Wouldn't that be crazy? I am looking for a 55" to 60" and so many times I am reading and reading and it sounds so great and the price is right and then in smaller print I see "refurbished" and I'm like really! I just don't get. Who buys a refurbished TV and why? This is truly a question I am sitting here wondering about as I look for a TV.

Think about this, the factory pumps out lots and lots of TV's with lets say a little bit of testing.. a single component might fail(someone sends it back) now this "used" TV is examined by a technician(not just plugged in for a "TEST") technician corrects all that's wrong with TV, and sends it out "refurb" honestly I've bought a few things refurb, and I feel that they are better inspected than ones factory fresh. add the square trade warranty and feel better about your purchase.

Hrmm I work too early to stay up this late...

manhandsha

quality posts: 31 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

jenniferbreuer4 wrote:In all seriousness, why would anyone ever buy a refurbished TV. Wouldn't that be crazy? I am looking for a 55" to 60" and so many times I am reading and reading and it sounds so great and the price is right and then in smaller print I see "refurbished" and I'm like really! I just don't get. Who buys a refurbished TV and why? This is truly a question I am sitting here wondering about as I look for a TV.

I agree with @fredly00. I bought a refurbished TV during a woot-off a few months ago. I haven't had a single problem. I did pick up the 2yr extended warranty from SquareTrade, though.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

jteaser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jteaser
seekerktf wrote:I had the same question and did lots of searching. I can't find an explicit answer anywhere but since nothing talks about it, I will assume the answer is no. It's disappointing how many net enabled devices don't support Amazon. As I understand it, Amazon uses a different copy protection than almost everybody else, and that requires an extra chip to implement and since that costs a few extra bucks a lot of manufactures avoid it.

Sad really. This TV looks like a really good fit for the bedroom otherwise.

Seems to me that you could have Amazon streaming on your computer and then use the wireless PC mirroring thing to watch it on your tv. Don't know if this would work, but seems to me it would...

metfan923

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metfan923
bluemaple wrote:@metfan923, that's a good way to vote - with your feet. Unfortunately, the rest of us will be bailing out California with our federal tax $.

I'm not sure if this comment is a legitimate congratulations for leaving this state, or a slight jab because I'm leaving instead of "voting in better decision makers"...

either way, me moving isn't up to me. I'm in the military. just comes with the life... i've been in cali for all of 3 years. Def has it's ups and downs, taxes/fees being one of the strong downs...

metfan923

PocketBrain wrote:Oh no you don't! Once we finish that wall, you're trapped! You frickin hippies!!

I'm not a hippie! I'm a transplant! only being transplanted back out! lol..

metfan923

the real question.... should i get a squaretrade warranty?

I cant seem to justify another 50 bucks for 2 years... am i crazy?

gr0m17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gr0m17

Just got mine from Fedex. The box didn't look like it had been treated real nicely... and the TV is DOA.

Really really really disappointed right now.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

gr0m17 wrote:Just got mine from Fedex. The box didn't look like it had been treated real nicely... and the TV is DOA.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your purchase. I recommend that you contact Phillips Customer Support as they should be able to assist you in remedying the issue.

If they're unable to help, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

outtaspec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages outtaspec
gr0m17 wrote:Just got mine from Fedex. The box didn't look like it had been treated real nicely... and the TV is DOA.

These TVs were NOT packed well at all. It literally looks like they used spare styrofoam they had lying around and used it for packing. There was no protection for the sides of the screen.

My box was beat to hell (due to no strength from proper padding) and I have 2 splotching/mottling spots a few centimeters wide where the back light shines through when the picture is light.

Not happy.

gr0m17

Seems like the vendor I bought the product from has a responsibility to deliver a non-broken product to me, rather than sending me off to the manufacturer. This TV is not malfunctioning, it's NON-functioning.

I submitted an email to woot for assistance.

If I'd known it wasn't going to be packed safely *inside* the box, safe enough to ship, I'd have refused delivery from FedEx after viewing the box.

ROGETRAY wrote:I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your purchase. I recommend that you contact Phillips Customer Support as they should be able to assist you in remedying the issue.

If they're unable to help, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

outtaspec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages outtaspec
gr0m17 wrote:Seems like the vendor I bought the product from has a responsibility to deliver a non-broken product to me, rather than sending me off to the manufacturer. This TV is not malfunctioning, it's NON-functioning.

I submitted an email to woot for assistance.

If I'd known it wasn't going to be packed safely *inside* the box, safe enough to ship, I'd have refused delivery from FedEx after viewing the box.

I have also sent a support email to woot. I expect to see more complaints as more TVs are delivered. Can't even complain to FedEx about this as the TV was clearly not packed well enough for shipment. Mine had no protection from the side of the box to the sides of the display. No styrofoam, no nothing. Just a crappy sheet cardboard. I have taken numerous pics as evidence.

This is total Lemongrab.

packerfan3960

quality posts: 0 Private Messages packerfan3960

My 32" tv didn't even come with a remote...thanks woot!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

packerfan3960 wrote:My 32" tv didn't even come with a remote...thanks woot!

Uh-oh. There should be contact info for the warranty with the TV. You can contact them as they will be the ones to have the part to send out to you.

Apologies. And if you have problems, contact support@woot.com for assistance.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

branbran88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages branbran88

Just got my FedEx package today. The box was very thin and flimsy feeling with a hole in it. I opened the box and the TV was barely protected at all from shipping trauma. It had styrofoam on the four corners of the TV and thats it. Absolutely no protection on the sides or front/back. I take out the TV and plug it in and of course the screen is completely shattered when the screen turned on, cracks everywhere.

Oh and I called Phillips first but they said this is not a warranty issue because the product turns on and works. They said it is a shipping/packaging issue, which is Woot's responsibility. Submitted a ticket but only really expecting a refund and a hassle figuring out how to properly ship it back because I doubt they have the inventory to replace it. I really wanted that TV =(

ROGETRAY

Staff

branbran88 wrote:Just got my FedEx package today. The box was very thin and flimsy feeling with a hole in it. I opened the box and the TV was barely protected at all from shipping trauma. It had styrofoam on the four corners of the TV and thats it. Absolutely no protection on the sides or front/back. I take out the TV and plug it in and of course the screen is completely shattered when the screen turned on, cracks everywhere.

Oh and I called Phillips first but they said this is not a warranty issue because the product turns on and works. They said it is a shipping/packaging issue, which is Woot's responsibility. Submitted a ticket but only really expecting a refund and a hassle figuring out how to properly ship it back because I doubt they have the inventory to replace it. I really wanted that TV =(

I'm very sorry to hear that you received your television in the condition you described.

Please let us know in the forum here if you encounter any further issues and we'll be sure to forward your post onto staff to help resolve the issue.

nunzio99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nunzio99

Got mine today thanks to FedEx ground. It arrived broken. Contacted Woot/Support and bummed out.

jds4life

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jds4life

My TV is due to arrive on Tuesday, after reading this forum, I'm a little worried. Has anyone had a TV arrive is workable condition with all the parts?

jds4life

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jds4life
jds4life wrote:My TV is due to arrive on Tuesday, after reading this forum, I'm a little worried. Has anyone had a TV arrive is workable condition with all the parts?

I just opened the TV, it appeared that an elephant had sat on the box; however, much to my surprise the TV itself appears to be fine. The setup process was kind of slick, I couldn't get the wi-fi to work, but I probably will be able to figure it out with a little work.

nunzio99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nunzio99
jds4life wrote:My TV is due to arrive on Tuesday, after reading this forum, I'm a little worried. Has anyone had a TV arrive is workable condition with all the parts?

Mine appeared to have all the parts, but some of the bigger parts were broken into smaller parts during transit.

daddio3911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daddio3911

Just got my 29 inch an hour ago. No luck. Will not turn on at all.
TV was packaged badly, only styrofoam blocks. Did have remote, but no batteries.
Called Philips. Woot called this 'Factory Refurbished' it is not. Just broken. What a waste of my money to ship this back.
it's a trap you woot.

jmgenens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmgenens

Just to chime in...

I received my 32" last Friday - the box was fine (though I agree the packaging was minimal, it seemed to do the job ok as the box wasn't abused.) It started right up, connected to the internet, and has been working just peachy.

I hope those with problems get theirs resolved soon. I just wanted others to know that there were good units going out and being delivered as well.

aldricht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aldricht
dshirack wrote:Got the 40 a couple months ago. Picture is great and setup was a breeze. I use the Netflix and Pandora apps. While it was mentioned in the last sale that Netflix is a bit slow to load, 300 bucks for the TV makes up for it. Once it's running it streams flawlessly. I will give a bit of a warning though; the box said LCD when it arrived but it was the LED so don't let your panties wad if you experience the same packaging.

ohhh my god thank you for clearing that up. I kind of freaked out at the packaging for saying LCD. Saved my night <3

danimb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danimb

So I contact Phillips when the remote is missing from the box? Not woot, the people I bought it from?

ROGETRAY

Staff

danimb wrote:So I contact Phillips when the remote is missing from the box? Not woot, the people I bought it from?

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, if you're missing the remote we recommend that you contact Philips Support to see if they can help replace the item.

If they're unable to help you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

fredly00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredly00

Well my 39inch showed up, I was really worried when I saw the box.. 3 out of the 4 styrofoam blocks were crushed, BUT luckily the TV is working nicely.

WOOT should be ashamed, granted LED/LCD/plasma TVs were never meant to be shipped in these boxes as solo units, the boxes are designed to be shipped on pallets with other TV's(probably exactly how they arrived at WOOT

I work for FedEx(Express) and TV claims are HIGH, funny thing, UPS and X rarely will reimburse for TV damage, just the minimum package value. Unfortunately FedEx Ground has a reputation for breaking more than most.

Hrmm I work too early to stay up this late...

aschaeffner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aschaeffner

Sadly, I have to add my name to the list of people who received broken 39" televisions. The box arrived with a gaping hole, one piece of styrofoam was broken, and the screen is completely cracked. Not happy.

rydkirkpatrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rydkirkpatrick

I'm in the same boat. My 39" arrived and looked like it actually survived shipping. However, when you turn it on, it shows the philips logo, then loudly pops and immediately turns off.

I've already sent an email to woot, who told me to call Philips, they gave me an email address to send proof of purchase to, and said they will get back to me.

It's been a few days and I haven't heard anything. Does anyone know how long this process might take?

bfranker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfranker
aschaeffner wrote:Sadly, I have to add my name to the list of people who received broken 39" televisions. The box arrived with a gaping hole, one piece of styrofoam was broken, and the screen is completely cracked. Not happy.

Well, I thought I was lucky... got my 39" in during the week but was working so had to wait until this weekend to check it out. Box/packaging was extremely inadequate for packing a TV but mine appeared to be OK... nothing visibly broken. Until, that is, I turned it on and it's destroyed. I can read the upper left corner of the screen but the rest of it is filled with cracks and no picture coming through. Guess I'll email woot now. I was looking forward to hooking this up this weekend

gr0m17

Just got my REFUND today.

I'd rather have a working TV.

rydkirkpatrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rydkirkpatrick
gr0m17 wrote:Just got my REFUND today.

I'd rather have a working TV.

how did you go about getting a refund? I finally got my confirmation from philips that they recieved my proof of purchase and they said they are emailing me a shipping label to send it back for a repair or exchange. i'm worried that one will come back broken as well given the failure rate here.

daddio3911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daddio3911

Has anyone received the shipping info from Phillips? Its been nearly a week for me and no reply.

sircrown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sircrown

I bought the 39" and had the same issues as everyone else -- box was smashed to bits around the top but the TV itself at first inspection seemed 'ok' even though one of the styrofoam blocks was torn in half. Turned it on and it mostly worked except the entire top edge of the screen had big sections of dead pixels.

Managed to get a RMA with Philips support and just got the replacement set. The box this time around was in much better shape and the TV looks fine but it still has some minor issues with the picture. There's some weird grey splotches in a few areas and a bit of flicker in the bottom right corner as well. Both issues are only visible during certain scenes (usually lighter ones) and I think we're just going to deal with it rather than go through the whole RMA process again.