8%
10%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

gak0090

quality posts: 86 Private Messages gak0090

Dear woot,

Nice job on the 1920x1080 I7 laptop for $500- post a great deal...see how fast it sold out. This refurbed Sanyo is not much of an encore.

alth0017

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alth0017

Blah...went to church, then came home to finally enjoy buying something on Woot...and then the laptop is sold out. Guess I will wait until next year to buy something.

queenangelfish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages queenangelfish

Where did the laptop go? I want one! This isn't a woot off, is it? Why is there a new item?

arthuraardvark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arthuraardvark

So I bought one of those $500 laptops this morning and looked up the Woot facebook page. It's nothing but people giving horror stories about dealing with Woot! I'm suddenly terrified...someone talk me down off the ledge. I'll get my laptop right?

gak0090

quality posts: 86 Private Messages gak0090
arthuraardvark wrote:So I bought one of those $500 laptops this morning and looked up the Woot facebook page. It's nothing but people giving horror stories about dealing with Woot! I'm suddenly terrified...someone talk me down off the ledge. I'll get my laptop right?

I have never had a problem with woot-...with the exception of me being critical of some of the things they sell. Today's laptop was a very nice deal for the money. If the laptop is damaged or not working they will exchange/credit you for it. They will not take it back for buyers remorse- so basically you need to make sure the item you want to purchase is what you want. You can't get it and then say- I don't like the feel of this keyboard, or I don't like windows 8...and expect them to take it back- because they won't. That is what these forums are for, so that people can ask questions about the product they are purchasing- so they can become educated about the product. Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware). I almost bought today's laptop and I have absolutely no need at all for another laptop/computer/tablet in my household- but the deal was sweet. I think you'll be very happy with this purchase, and if it is defective, you need not worry about woot helping you out if it's within the warranty period.

I had purchased an $1100 treadmill from woot. When it arrived, the box was all torn-up, so I refused delivery. Within 4 days I had another one delivered with no problems from woot.

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
gak0090 wrote:Dear woot,

Nice job on the 1920x1080 I7 laptop for $500- post a great deal...see how fast it sold out. This refurbed Sanyo is not much of an encore.

@gak0090,

;-) As of now, 100% of the posts for this Sanyo TV are about the sweet deal on the sold out laptop!

Dear Woot,

Please take the laptop sell out as confirmation that you priced the laptop well and built your reputation for good deals. Not that you need to raise prices and have folks posting links to better deals just so the clock times out the Woot rather than your inventory! ;-)

bluemaple

arthuraardvark wrote:So I bought one of those $500 laptops this morning and looked up the Woot facebook page. It's nothing but people giving horror stories about dealing with Woot! I'm suddenly terrified...someone talk me down off the ledge. I'll get my laptop right?

Since we're repeating posts across deals...

@arthuraardvark, doesn't get you anywhere to stress about it now. Remember the folks with problems speak out loudly - folks who are simply content are quiet.

Also, we have no way of knowing the full story of the folks who complain - only hearing one side. Doesn't mean their complaints are not valid, just potentially exceptions.

chnr1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chnr1234

I had bad experience with Woot. Recently ordered LED smart tv, but received non smart tv from them. response from them is very low. anyways i am filing a case on them for my waste of time and money. I asked them to send me the correct and then take old one they said no. inorder to exchange the one, it would take a month. I am in contact with lawyer,had to cost each of minute wasted on this

pecefrogg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pecefrogg

Here's the reviews from amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Class-720p-60Hz-DP32642/product-reviews/B008BQGGRQ
There are only two reviews: one 5 star, and the other 1 star. Did they only make a couple dozen of these?!?
If anyone has one, I'd love some input.

nch

alth0017

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alth0017

Send Woot my contact info and I will buy your laptop...that will help solve your buyers remorse Looks like a great deal...just wish I would have pulled the trigger before they were gone.

pecefrogg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pecefrogg

For the simple sake of clarity before I pull the trigger on this, does this come with a stand?

edit: I haz teh dumb. It's pictured with a stand.

nch

arthuraardvark

alth0017 wrote:Send Woot my contact info and I will buy your laptop...that will help solve your buyers remorse Looks like a great deal...just wish I would have pulled the trigger before they were gone.

I actually don't have buyers remorse, I just worried about getting an undamaged/correct item from all the complaints I read on their FB page. The knowledgeable people on these forums seem to have had good dealings with Woot so I'm somewhat reassured now. I can't wait to get my laptop and am happy I gave in to an impulse now.

arthuraardvark

bluemaple wrote:Since we're repeating posts across deals...

@arthuraardvark, doesn't get you anywhere to stress about it now. Remember the folks with problems speak out loudly - folks who are simply content are quiet.

Also, we have no way of knowing the full story of the folks who complain - only hearing one side. Doesn't mean their complaints are not valid, just potentially exceptions.

I found the correct forum after posting here. Thanks for the reassurance...on both posts. I guess I just saw all the malcontents' points of view.

baligrodzka50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baligrodzka50

how you get the protection plan?

sdc100

quality posts: 508 Private Messages sdc100

Wow, this dinosaur uses 93 watts. If it used LED backlighting, the TV would use about half of that. Plus, it would be less prone to breakage. BUT... this is a great price for a no frills 32" TV from a mostly reputable company.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
sdc100 wrote:Wow, this dinosaur uses 93 watts. If it used LED backlighting, the TV would use about half of that. Plus, it would be less prone to breakage. BUT... this is a great price for a no frills 32" TV from a mostly reputable company.

$165 for a refurb 32" tv is far from a "great price".
Here is a better NEW TV with full warranty for only $35 more.

BuyDig offers the Toshiba 32" 120Hz 720p LED-Backlit LCD HD Television, model no. 32L2300U, for $264. Coupon code "EMEDU35" cuts it to $229 or buy it from BuyDigs Ebay listing (310744727152) for only $199. With free shipping, that's the best price we've seen for a 32" 120Hz Toshiba HDTV and the lowest total price we could find by $33, outside the price below. It features a native resolution of 1366x768 (720p), 120Hz refresh rate, LED backlight, USB, and three HDMI inputs

ccn1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccn1

sound is terrible would not buy

sdc100

dliidlii wrote:$165 for a refurb 32" tv is far from a "great price".
Here is a better NEW TV with full warranty for only $35 more.

BuyDig offers the Toshiba 32" 120Hz 720p LED-Backlit LCD HD Television, model no. 32L2300U, for $264. Coupon code "EMEDU35" cuts it to $229 or buy it from BuyDigs Ebay listing (310744727152) for only $199. With free shipping, that's the best price we've seen for a 32" 120Hz Toshiba HDTV and the lowest total price we could find by $33, outside the price below. It features a native resolution of 1366x768 (720p), 120Hz refresh rate, LED backlight, USB, and three HDMI inputs

Er, the eBay listing you gave expired on Sept 13th, so that $199 price is invalid. And guess what, Toshiba model 32L2300U doesn't even exist on BuyDig's site! Sorry, expired and bogus deals are no bargain to someone actually shopping for a TV. They're actually a frustrating tease that you shouldn't have posted.

Note that I said "great price." I did not say,"best price." And since when does comparing this to an extreme bargain (like that Toshiba) negate this as a great price? Just because you found an arguably better deal doesn't mean that this isn't also a great deal. Have you compared this Woot to all the 32" HDTVs out there? I doubt it. I shopped for one last month as a gift and I can say that this is a great deal.

As for the specs, if I merely want a TV for the laundry room to watch for a few hours each week, do I really care about 3 HDMI inputs, LED backlighting or refresh rates? I'd probably go for this because it's cheaper, albeit with lesser specs.

I repeat: This is a great price on a no-frills 32" HDTV.

sdc100

baligrodzka50 wrote:how you get the protection plan?

Go to the Woot page and then to where it says FEATURES, SPECS, SALES STATS, etc. Right below, you should see a Square Trade logo telling you how much an extended warraty is. Click on that to find out more.

sdc100

For those who are crying over missing out on the Toshiba laptop, there is still hope. Search eBay. There are similar deals on that laptop as well as similar ones. Some are from reputable dealers while others are from individuals. Some have refunds while others don't. As long as you're a saavy buyer, you'll do fine. Note that eBay and Paypal offer excellent protection as well as many credit cards. In fact, I bought 2 laptops off ebay this month (an i5 with SSD for $334 and an i7 for $465, both including s/h) and have been very pleased. Nearly new looking with no problems. And that's why I just bought another when I missed out on Woot's deal. The same exact model for $439.14 + $12 s/h, no tax -- Woot charges sales tax, making it around $550, or $100 more. Am debating whether I should get Square Trade. Here was my post about it:

Thanks, on a whim, I just bought this very laptop on ebay for $439 a few minutes ago. The photo shows the original box as well as protective plastic still on the screen and logo but the seller says that they couldn't test if it has problems. So yeah, I'm taking a gamble but it's a pretty good one if it works. I'll probably get a Square Trade warranty just to be safe. And the reason I bought it is because of your post saying that Bluetooth can be added, and another post saying that there's a bay for an SSD. When I was about to pull the trigger, Woot had sold out. So I went to ebay, and lo and behold, an auction for the same model was about to end in 3 mins! And the price was still $350. Anyway, I won and will install Bluetooth as you suggested.

ps - ugh, I just realized that I bought 3 laptops this month: 2 x i7 and 1x i5. Time to resell on ebay...

BTW, haters of Win 8 will be happy to know that I saw a few i7 laptops with Win 7 -- most under $400.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
sdc100 wrote:Er, the eBay listing you gave expired on Sept 13th, so that $199 price is invalid. And guess what, Toshiba model 32L2300U doesn't even exist on BuyDig's site! Sorry, expired and bogus deals are no bargain to someone actually shopping for a TV. They're actually a frustrating tease that you shouldn't have posted.

Note that I said "great price." I did not say,"best price." And since when does comparing this to an extreme bargain (like that Toshiba) negate this as a great price? Just because you found an arguably better deal doesn't mean that this isn't also a great deal. Have you compared this Woot to all the 32" HDTVs out there? I doubt it. I shopped for one last month as a gift and I can say that this is a great deal.

As for the specs, if I merely want a TV for the laundry room to watch for a few hours each week, do I really care about 3 HDMI inputs, LED backlighting or refresh rates? I'd probably go for this because it's cheaper, albeit with lesser specs.

I repeat: This is a great price on a no-frills 32" HDTV.

I repeat this is NOT a great price because I see similar or better deals on 32" TVs every week. The Toshiba deal on Ebay sold 700 of those models and if you had bothered to look at current 32" refurbished Tvs offered there you would see just how average a price this Woot offering is.
Here is the SAME MODEL on Ebay for the same price and NO TAX is charged except in 2 states. Ebay item 171126498147. Here is a SANYO 32" LED for $10 more 171126497946.
If you did shop for a 32" Tv last month you must have missed the Newegg deal on a 32" LED TV for $159.99 they posted for 30 days on Ebay 300938593323.
Here are more examples from the past week to prove this offer is not "great".

Shop Now!
Save For Later
Vizio 32" 720p LCD HDTV at Walmart stores

Hotness: hotness: 5/5 Posted 4 days 13 hr ago Editors' Choice
In-store only and with stock and price varying by ZIP code, Walmart offers the Vizio 31.5" 720p LCD HD Television, model no. E321VL, for $148. That's tied with last week's mention (which was available for ordering online for in-store pickup) as the lowest price we've seen for this model. (It's also a current price low by $229 for a shipped unit.) It features a native resolution of 1366x768 (720p), USB connectivity, and two HDMI input
newegg offers the refurbished JVC 32" 720p LCD HD Television, model no. EM32T, for $179.99. This $50 mail-in rebate drops it to $129.99. With free shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find for a refurb elsewhere by $85. Features include a 1366x768 (720p) native resolution, USB, and two HDMI inputs. Rebate ends November 30.

Walmart offers the Sceptre 32" 720p LCD HD Television, model no. X322BV-HD, for $178 with free shipping. That's tied with last week's mention and the lowest total price we could find. (For further comparison, we saw it for $9 less last month.) It features a 1366x768 (720p) native resolution and three HDMI inputs.

bluemaple

@sdc100 & @dliidlii,

So perhaps the price-truth is somewhere in between.

Perhaps given the right sale on the right day this price can be matched or even beaten by a buck or two.

But given that @dliidlii hasn't provided a link to a legit, volume/not one-off deal shaming this one, it appears this is might be a really good price today, right now.

I too watch flat panel prices and if you want a really basic TV, this price won't likely embarrass you over the next many weeks. (Can't speak to the quality of the TV as I do not have experience with it... but note that Panasonic owns Sanyo for what it's worth.)

Bryguyf69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryguyf69
dliidlii wrote:I repeat this is NOT a great price because I see similar or better deals on 32" TVs every week. The Toshiba deal on Ebay sold 700 of those models and if you had bothered to look at current 32" refurbished Tvs offered there you would see just how average a price this Woot offering is.
Here is the SAME MODEL on Ebay for the same price and NO TAX is charged except in 2 states. Ebay item 171126498147. Here is a SANYO 32" LED for $10 more 171126497946.
If you did shop for a 32" Tv last month you must have missed the Newegg deal on a 32" LED TV for $159.99 they posted for 30 days on Ebay 300938593323.

Been shopping a 32" tv for my dorm, and yes,this is a great price. I'm not saying that I'll buy this because my needs are more than basic. But for what it is, it's a great price.

chungfoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chungfoon

Nice deal for a nice TV from a nice company. I don't know about here but in Hong Kong, Sanyo has a very good reputation. On the same level as Sharp, Samsung, Hitachi and others but not Sony. I think its the same for all Asia. They are the world #1 maker of rechargeable batteries, for example, Eneloops. Almost bought it but wife wants to save up for a Sony.