vatchman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages vatchman

Are these compatible with a Mac?

tomthall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomthall
Tomatopie wrote:Do your feet stink? They will if you wear these socks or any socks made of synthetic fabric. Cotton, silk, or wool are the only fabrics good to your skin.

But not if you apply antiperspirant. To your feet. This I have been doing since a clerk in a sports shoe store told me that her husband does it, and my shoes are stink-free ever since!

amiranda101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amiranda101

will these "performance enhancers" land me in trouble?

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary
justagigilo85 wrote:
That said, I can't imagine the smell of synthetics is anything like the smell of FiveFingers w/o socks.

And this is why I bought my first pairs of Injinji toe socks, and my second pair of FiveFingers. After wearing my first pair sockless for my son's trip to DC, I caught a whiff. Into the washer they went - came out looking and smelling great, but I wanted to go more than 2 weeks inbetween washing my shoes.

I LOVE my lightweight socks in my Vibrams. If you go for mid-weight, you DEFINATELY have to go up a size on your shoe. Otherwise, your toes may start to hurt after a bit.

gak0090

quality posts: 75 Private Messages gak0090
vatchman wrote:Are these compatible with a Mac?

No- there are 4 styles too many to consider this to be mac compatible.

niallporr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niallporr

My middle two toes are conjoined together on both feet, i would have bought this, but it has spaces for 5 toes...

gak0090

quality posts: 75 Private Messages gak0090
niallporr wrote:My middle two toes are conjoined together on both feet, i would have bought this, but it has spaces for 5 toes...

You need a tattoo like this:

thered1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thered1

I've worn Injinjis with my Fivefingers for a couple years, mostly when it's cold (or sometimes when it's hot, cuz sweat).
They're very comfortable in general sock ways, and they fit awesomely with my VFF's.

If your toe shoes are already very snug you might have to go a size up to make these fit, but in my experience the fabric uppers of most VFF models easily expand to accommodate the socks. The socks mostly add width, which the shoes can account for, and very little length, which would require a larger size shoe.

robertestx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertestx
vatchman wrote:Are these compatible with a Mac?

I believe their website has a comment to the effect that they are compatible with Big Mac's. Very compatible. In fact they say that if you are a serious Big Mac user, that you should get two packages of socks for all the exercise you should be doing.

cavey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cavey

I'd like to order some in extra medium.

smartyboots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smartyboots

I hike a couple times a week and am prone to blisters. I use these as sock liners and they go a long way toward keeping those blisters at bay (band-aid friction block stick does the rest). This is a great deal on what are usually really expensive socks.

chevellein12s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chevellein12s

woot sold out of the lightweight no show in medium pretty quick. but I found pretty much same deal on on Amazon. Same socks, lightweight no show injinji but in blue and green for $5.05 plus free shipping on orders over $25. I ordered six pairs and they give me an extra 25% off at checkout making them $22 and some change shipped. Would have bought from woot if they would have stocked more but I guess woot is owned by amazon so probably all the same to them. Here's the link if interested http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0062N0I1A/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

pakopako

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pakopako
daninboulder wrote:I bought some cheap 5-toed sox off ebay and they work great with my Skele-Toes, which I also love.

I've got pretty bulbous toes. I sort of have issues with Injinji and Fila. Then again, I have issues with Fila and Fila.

The Skele-toes shoes, unlike the Vibrams' rounded toes, have sharp toes. My bigger toes get pinched the more I walk. Barefoot, this isn't a big issue; with Injinji's thicker socks, the pinch is stronger; Fila's socks are so thin, the shoe won't apply more pressure, but they pinch my toes regardless.