WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Our 70's Car Movie Trailer Week concludes with the story of a regular kid from the middle of nowhere who dreamed of zooming across the galaxy in a powerful craft: yes, it's Mark Hamill in Corvette Summer, reputedly shot before Star Wars but unreleased until after he hit the big time. It seems Lu- uh, Mark spent a year cherrying out the ultimate 'vette only to have it stolen the next day. A pre-Designing Women Annie Potts plays a sort of slutty, Earthbound Princess Leia.

70's Car Movie Trailer Week has been fun, but there are so many more "great" 70s car movie trailers than one week could possibly hold. Share your unsung favorites in the discussion thread.

Watch Watch This First first, every weekday morning. Because the best way to start the day is to start it a few minutes later.

Quality Posts

strawhousepig

quality posts: 60 Private Messages strawhousepig

Annie Potts, wowee! I have no idea how I got to see this as a youngster. Double feature at the drive-in where they expect you to fall asleep maybe? Anyway, very freaky seeing Luke Skywalker as a regular person. Me: This sucks, I want Star Wars!

Smothers...

Not exactly a car movie, but close enough.

Not exactly the 70's, but close enough.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 29 Private Messages olcubmaster

A bit more surreal (or perhaps the word is "pointless") let us not forget the original Vanishing Point

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I remember seeing this at the Drive-In as a little kid in the back of our Plymouth station wagon, with the smell of mosquito coils wafting in the air.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Thanks, dudes! Quality Posts for all!

mossygreen

quality posts: 70 Private Messages mossygreen

Oh my god, I wish I'd checked this sooner, because (and here's the important thing): I WAS RIGHT.

Anyway, love love love this movie. Love that the Corvette being stolen is Danny Bonaduce's fault. Love Annie Potts' non-tricking prostitute. And it's always a little weird to see Mark Hamill acting, isn't it? (I will always believe his finest live-action work was in the "Eight Is Enough" pilot.)

q1jezz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages q1jezz

The movie is long. but still pleasant to watch

MarkBryan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarkBryan

a fiberglass romance