epatriot


quality posts: 1 Private Messages epatriot
KermodeBear wrote:Have you cleaned out the dust that might have collected inside? Spend $2 on some air in a can, open your machine up, give it a good cleaning. It will make a world of difference.



Thanks - I'll give it a try.

sneefy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy
sdc100 wrote:Pressure sensitivity is easy to implement. Just add a cheap strain gauge to the nib of the pen. And this Samsung is not revolutionary at all. From 2005 until last year I was running Win XP tablet edition on a Fujitsu tablet. Not only did it use a stylus but it had very accurate handwriting and voice recognition. It even recognized my messy medical cursive. And it ran the REAL Microsoft Office so I was able to use all the advanced editing to write 50 page scientific papers. Not bad for a 900 mhz Celeron tablet that I bought on eBay for $110!



You're confusing technologies here. Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens. Your XP tab had a resistive screen which is inherently more accurate than a capacitive screen.

And, adding a strain gauge to a $2 capacitive pen doesn't give you wacom results. It also depends on the digitizing layer in the screen to increase accuracy and sensitivity. In a wacom enabled device you're also going to find a magnetic reflecting array that isn't present in any normal capacitive screen. This provides power to the pen and increases accuracy and sensitivity further through resonant electromagnetic feedback. Wacom's high degree of sensitivity and accuracy depends on that layer.





eq5150


quality posts: 6 Private Messages eq5150

White is an awful color for a tablet. 16GBs isn't enough for a phone, even with the 32GB slot. 64GBs is as low as I would go for a tablet. (If it had an expansion.) 90 days is now long enough for a warranty. The Xoom I bought here broke right at 90 days.
The resolution would look bad next to high end tablets but would have overlooked that if the color nd memory was better.

valentinevar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages valentinevar
Sokudoningyou wrote:I love mine. It's replaced all my notebooks for school, as well as the laptop in general for classes.

I do suggest replacing the pen if you're going to use it for writing and/or art extensively, as the S-Pen is awkward to do either with long term. (Or it was for me, anyway.) The Bamboo feel is what I have.



Never tried it with a different stylus pen (for me it works just fine with the stock pen but I do put a rubber grip on it). As a college student, it is hands down the best notebook I've ever had. Never going back to paper!

morninglark


quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark

I wish I had the money to pull the trigger. I just made the mistake of updating my iPad to iOS 7. The home screen and icons are so garish, I can't stand to look at them! Right now, I'd be happy to switch.

dfran1


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfran1

I purchased a 32gig refurb 2 months ago from a company on Amazon for about 80 more , I put in a 64 gig micro sd card (same as cell phones), I rooted it but nothing else , all I can say is buy it! This is the best out there, and for those those that cant read up close as good anymore and all others the resolution on this is great even tho it is not super hi res!
This is the best thing at a great price woot has had in a long time, but I already have one.

Sokudoningyou


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Sokudoningyou
eq5150 wrote:White is an awful color for a tablet. 16GBs isn't enough for a phone, even with the 32GB slot. 64GBs is as low as I would go for a tablet. (If it had an expansion.) 90 days is now long enough for a warranty. The Xoom I bought here broke right at 90 days.
The resolution would look bad next to high end tablets but would have overlooked that if the color nd memory was better.



So put a 64 GB memory card in it. Buying a micro SD is cheaper than the cost to buy up 16 GB.

I do agree about the colour, though. I bought both my Note 10.1 and II in grey, because the white is just tacky.

aftab7000


quality posts: 5 Private Messages aftab7000
sneefy wrote:You're confusing technologies here. Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens. Your XP tab had a resistive screen which is inherently more accurate than a capacitive screen.



Those actually have wacom digitizer with active stylus. Not resistive or capacitive.



sneefy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy
aftab7000 wrote:Those actually have wacom digitizer with active stylus. Not resistive or capacitive.



I've seen both types. If it is a model like you're describing, that simply reinforces my second point about needing the digitizer in combination with the pen.

Point being the wacom digitizer layer is needed and is a separate component than the touch layer of the screen.

heatherincanyon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages heatherincanyon

Anyone else having charging issues? I got the one a couple months back with the larger on board memory and this one. Both have issues with charging. Neither will charge with the power "plug" supplied. The cable works fine, but will only charge with a generic wall charger that I found around the house. I have tried charging with the tablet off, on, in use, and not... Same result. The supplied plug won't work at all, the generic plug does, slowly. Other than that, I LOOOVE this tablet (obviously as I bought a second)

romey050500


quality posts: 1 Private Messages romey050500

I can't even get mine to turn on. It just sits on the startup screen.

heatherincanyon wrote:Anyone else having charging issues? I got the one a couple months back with the larger on board memory and this one. Both have issues with charging. Neither will charge with the power "plug" supplied. The cable works fine, but will only charge with a generic wall charger that I found around the house. I have tried charging with the tablet off, on, in use, and not... Same result. The supplied plug won't work at all, the generic plug does, slowly. Other than that, I LOOOVE this tablet (obviously as I bought a second)