I've purchased the 70" from a local big box based purely on value; I highly recommend this television if you've calculated that your room dimensions warrant something this large. The image quality is great out of the box. Advanced functionality like auto adjustment works, I'm assuming, because I did not have to adjust the television when viewing conditions change. However, as with all the new televisions, a total of 20w total on the speakers. Don't bother messing with any of the advanced audio stuff, just accept that you'll have to think of getting an amplified sound system.
A few observations:
1. Total "boot up" time for the machine is about 22 seconds. Why should you care? I don't know, but if you have a programmable remote with sequences, just note that I've done the counting for you. I discovered this while sequencing the Netflix app. Speaking of which...
2. I use the Netflix and Youtube apps the most. Interface for Netflix is similar to the one you get from Playstation but with a slight lag even if you're hard wired. With that said...
3. I have not tested the WiFi capabilities. If you plan on connecting wirelessly, a few web searches points out the usual issues as with any other connected device.
4. Most irritating: when the television updates the firmware: YOU'RE NOT ALERTED! The screen just turns black and you cannot turn off the tv. I don't know if this has been fixed with the latest firmware.
5. CEC connection works but is irritating. I believe this is more of my setup than the television: when audio control is turned on, the tv turns on the receiver. I know, that's what it's supposed to do. However, there are televisions that allow you to BYPASS triggers based on what you're watching. In other words, if I'm watching Netflix vs regular cable, I want the unit to leave the receiver off for regular television viewing but turn on when watching Netflix; Vizios does not have this functionality.
6. The infamous "popping" noise (do a search on this topic for this model). I have not experienced the speakers "popping" after the latest firmware update.