WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

So, this pastor who interrupts a marriage service to chase off the wedding photographers... Is he a self-centered egomaniacal "Reverendzilla" whose tantrum ruined the wedding? Or a brave, humble guardian of the sacredness of the ceremony against the out-of-hand commercialization of weddings today?

Watch Watch This First first, every weekday morning. Because the best way to start the day is to start it a few minutes later.

Sparkstalker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sparkstalker

The look on the bride's face says it all. She's pissed, and not at the photographers.

kirad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirad

The minister is right, this is a religious celebration and if the cameras are interrupting the process, they should stop. The camera people should not be behind the minister, ever! They should be discreet, not stealing focus from the celebration. We also do not know what happened just before the clip. I have heard stories of photographers taking pictures of the ministers script while they are reading.I'm glad that he regained control of the wedding.

frannyryan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frannyryan

Photographers at a religious ceremony should always always talk to the celebrant before the ceremony about what rules he or she has for the photogs. This is very basic professionalism. If these were amateurs, I have a little bit of sympathy. The celebrant probably should have conveyed to the couple beforehand what his rules are regarding photography and it is their job to tell their guests.

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1

That's why you have a judge or ship captain do it.

jsmith6051

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsmith6051

The Bride and Groom should dictate what happens at the wedding. Looking at their faces, the Priest was in the wrong. I understand wanting to shoot behind the Priest as that is the best shot to get both the Bride and Groom.

go2fast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages go2fast
frannyryan wrote:Photographers at a religious ceremony should always always talk to the celebrant before the ceremony about what rules he or she has for the photogs. This is very basic professionalism. If these were amateurs, I have a little bit of sympathy. The celebrant probably should have conveyed to the couple beforehand what his rules are regarding photography and it is their job to tell their guests.

This. Totally agree. If the photog's don't ask then the priest should have the responsibility to inform the photog's what his expectations are for the ceremony. He obviously has a sense of humor, so he could have also conveyed his disappointment and requested the change in a not so disdainful way.

strawhousepig

quality posts: 60 Private Messages strawhousepig

He's right about people not milling about, littering the view of the couple the folks who came to the wedding are there to see, but wrong to try to take their wedding hostage.

It may be his prerogative to walk out, but that's a shitheel way to go about it.

davidbowser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davidbowser

The photographers at our wedding were crawling over the pews to get shots during the ceremony. Our guests (and my wife and I) thought it was bizarre and funny, but the priest was less than amused.

The amusing thing is that we told them to keep it under control during the ceremony. They were all nodding and yessing us, but since they were Korean (English was NOT the language they normally use) we suspect that they didn't really understand when we asked them to keep it low key.