WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

iBUYPOWER Gaming PCs

The Colonel's trapped in the cave across the universe and you're the only man who's brave enough to save him. So what are you gonna take? Your laser sword or your bazooka hammer? Oh, wait... LOADING. LOADING. LOADING. LAGLAGLAGLAGLAG. Jeez, maybe you need a computer that can actually handle this stuff…
iBUYPOWER official site

Quality Posts

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1

Missed it. Stupid work.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

Speaking of LAGLAGLAGLAG... glad I pressed confirm purchase only to get an sold out error.

BountyHunterSAx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BountyHunterSAx

Holy crap! Well...holy Bandolier of Carrots at any rate.

I bought one literally LESS THAN TWENTY SECONDS before it sold out!!!!!!

-AHMAD

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Congrats to you eagle eyed wooters!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

baccas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baccas

First Bandolier of Carrots I've ever gotten. Been a member of Woot since 2008. I am hoping for a broken Zune! Or maybe a random ball of power cables. That would be awesome!

BountyHunterSAx

Does it being on the iBYUPOWER sub-page mean this Bag of Carp -- or was it Badgers or Chipmunks -- is specific to iBUYPOWER stuff?

Felo001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Felo001

Finally!!! Last Bandolier of Carrots was in June '12. I didn't like how Woot was doing the Bandolier of Carrots in Facebook, Who in the hell is on Facebook 24/7? I am happy to get my Bandolier of Carrots now I know that this week will be AWESOME!!. By the way, I checked that page by chance, I was just curious about the PCs...My lucky Bandolier of Carrots

Felo001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Felo001
ThunderThighs wrote:Congrats to you eagle eyed wooters!

I love your username!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Felo001 wrote:I love your username!

Ha. Thanks. My son suggested it. After which, he got a swift smack upside the head. Then I decided I liked it.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

waytogo2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages waytogo2

I feel like this Box of Crayons is gonna either be WAY worse or WAY better than they usually are =D

ibuypowerstaff

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ibuypowerstaff

Greeting,

iBUYPOWER staff here. Please feel free to ask us any questions regarding our products. For those lucky customers who purchased the random crap, please come back and tell us what you received in the bag. thank you.

Sincerely,
Team iBUYPOWER

BountyHunterSAx

Is it true that all the Brigands of Calculon are going to be using just iBUYPOWER products for this offering?

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

I cannot even fathom dropping 2 grand on anything at woot

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

pauldownsouth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pauldownsouth

Re: CZ Gaming laptop:

"Features" text says 1 TB 5400 rpm, "Specs" says 7200 rpm. Which is it?

No BD drive, no eSATA port? meh.

[MOD: It's fixed now. Thanks!]

ibuypowerstaff

The CZ-27 laptop has a 1 TB 5400rpm HDD. There was a typo on the Specs and we will have that corrected ASAP.

pauldownsouth wrote:Re: CZ Gaming laptop:

"Features" text says 1 TB 5400 rpm, "Specs" says 7200 rpm. Which is it?

No BD drive, no eSATA port? meh.

[MOD: It's fixed now. Thanks!]

sylvesterchester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sylvesterchester

Yikes!! $2650 for a computer? Wow and a half. bought my last car for that. 100k miles and still strong..

sakanagai

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sakanagai

I had a Bandolier of Carrots drought that extended about three years. Then I caught the one in the launch of accessories.woot and now this one. Yay!

ThunderThighs

Staff

BountyHunterSAx wrote:Is it true that all the Brigands of Calculon are going to be using just iBUYPOWER products for this offering?

Uhhhhhh, no.

mcrawfordLDS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcrawfordLDS

I was wondering what everyone else's experiences with iBUYPOWER have been.

The desktop I purchased a few years back had ram put it in that was incompatible with the motherboard and would cause blue screens about once every 5 minutes so I had to purchase my own ram. They also neglected to enable SLI on the motherboard which I had paid an extra $10 to have them do so it would be all set when it arrived.

zollars23

quality posts: 15 Private Messages zollars23

Damn! Barely missed the Bandolier of Carrots by 7 hours!

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

{img]https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/712b9375-5487-4897-baf4-2212baf8dbca.png[/img]

ibuypowerstaff

mcrawfordLDS, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with our system. We are actively improving our support to every customer and trying to provide top notch systems at a great value. If you have any questions about our computers, services, or us, please feel free to contact eservice@ibuypower.com, we will gladly answer your questions swiftly.

mcrawfordLDS wrote:I was wondering what everyone else's experiences with iBUYPOWER have been.

The desktop I purchased a few years back had ram put it in that was incompatible with the motherboard and would cause blue screens about once every 5 minutes so I had to purchase my own ram. They also neglected to enable SLI on the motherboard which I had paid an extra $10 to have them do so it would be all set when it arrived.

shypunkgrrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shypunkgrrl

I used to be dedicated to HP computers, but my laptops kept dying from light gaming. I purchased an iBuyPower desktop computer in January through BestBuy because I wanted a machine that can handle daily activities and gaming. I must say that I am so impressed. I love this PC! I have heard horror stories of people receiving their PCs and the wires, RAM, etc. in the unit were installed poorly, but I received mine in good condition. I do not know much about there Tech Support (haven't needed it yet), but I love love love my iBuyPower so far.

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PapaMidnight
bsmith1 wrote:Missed it. Stupid work.

This. Oh well... I guess I am on way to 6 years bag-of-crapless. The streak continues...

6 years bag-of-crapless and counting...

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
PapaMidnight wrote:This. Oh well... I guess I am on way to 6 years bag-of-crapless. The streak continues...

I was busy looking at the blanks this morning. Oh well. Didn't even see them post this. Stupid morning dentist appointment.

jfleury8469

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfleury8469

The $2,600 machine is actually worth that. I priced all the parts out as close as I could brand-wise on Newegg and it came to just over $2,300 for the main components, nevermind the keyboard/mouse/shirt. Glad to see there's not a huge *retail* mark-up for a pre-built machine.

flakhappy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flakhappy

If I have a team that makes into the LCS Do i have a chance to get Woot.com and iBuyPower being sponsers? It would be an awesome dream.

garromark

quality posts: 3 Private Messages garromark

I'm actively considering some of these deals for the iBuyPowers. I purchased one of their desktops for $1700 @ "Intel i7 920 Quad 6GB DDR3 1TB 7200RPM HDD 1GB ATI 4870 HD" on 01/17/2009 almost 5 years ago and it's just now failing me. That's great performance in my book. I can't speak to support, since I never buy extended warranties and tend to diagnose problems and replace parts myself. With this machine, I haven't needed to replace anything as of yet. Great computers.

quizman125

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quizman125

Hah - totally missed it - looked through every damn page on the site and just didn't scroll down far enough on this one - was looking at that silly bread knife seriously though!!

oh well - next time!

darkglow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkglow

Ok you geeks, which cpu has the best bang for the buck? And no, I'm not trying to insult you lol

sakanagai

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sakanagai
darkglow wrote:Ok you geeks, which cpu has the best bang for the buck? And no, I'm not trying to insult you lol

It's hard to go wrong with the i7-3770K. The AMD FX series are good and a great deal cheaper, but, all other things equal, I'd rather have the 3770K...

Or did you mean which of the PCs appears to present the most value? I've had some hit-or-miss experiences with certain tiers of Radeon graphics. The $1000 IBP102 has a good CPU (3770, but not the unlocked version) and a graphics card (AMD 7850) that should do well on most games at common resolutions.

For $100 less, you can get a comparable graphics card (GeForce GTX 660) and a more overclocking-friendly AMD FX-8320. On a side note, if you are at all interested something like the Nvidia Shield for PC streaming, you'll need the Nvidia graphics card (650 or higher), making the WT610 your best bet. Alternatively, there is an $829 build with an unlocked Core i5-3570K where you could use the savings to put in something like a GTX 760 (~$250 on the likes of Newegg and Amazon).

axemurderer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages axemurderer

bought an iBUYPOWER setup a couple (2.5) years ago from newegg. it was incredibly priced in comparison to the competitors, and its performed well.

point being - if you're on the fence about one of these, i'd highly recommend them.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud
darkglow wrote:Ok you geeks, which cpu has the best bang for the buck? And no, I'm not trying to insult you lol

This can give you some indication of how much better one cpu is over another. For example I built a machine with a i7 2700k and recently saw a 3770 on sale, the difference is not significant enough to worry about it. http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html To be fair I don't upgrade but every 3-5 years and I want significant value if I'm going to drop $300 on a new cpu.

If you click on the processor name it will show you some benchmark information (performance information) as well as show a value chart comparing it against other cpus.

What I'm saying is find a pre-built machine or three here in your budget range and then check specs and benchmarks. Here is a link to a graphics card hierarchy that can show you how much better one gcard is over another. (generally 5+ steps higher is significant increase 4 and fewer isn't much different). http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

It can be a lot to take in, but for me spending that much on anything is going to warrant a lot of research. I build my machines, but if the markup isn't significant I'd buy a prebuilt. It's much less hassle and you get someone else to handle any issues you encounter.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

EddieAngel333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EddieAngel333

WILL THERE BE MORE ?

kolme

quality posts: 11 Private Messages kolme

Good prices for computers with good components, but of course a self build still comes out cheaper. Had the 800 and 830 builds come with a Radeon 7850, I would have bought one and gone monitor hunting...

kagamari

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kagamari

I had a pretty mediocre build from them in the past. It would be hard for me to justify a 300 dollar mark up or more on the build I got, especially since most of these still have GTX 600 series cards in them.

http://www.logicalincrements.com/ an idea of what you could be getting on a self built pc for similar prices

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

one thing people tend to forget about on a self build is the OS. Unless your going to put a free one on there (Unbunto or likewise) remember to tack on $100 or so for the OS. I often overlook that when on newegg checking component prices. I use free AV and malware protection and get office for $10 through MS home use program, but I forget about my OS and the old corporate license of XP is a little out of date. I like 7 too much to go back.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

DanTycoon9900

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanTycoon9900
mcrawfordLDS wrote:I was wondering what everyone else's experiences with iBUYPOWER have been.

This is worrying me. Will a computer I buy here not be able to do SLI because it's locked? Are there ways around it?

ibuypowerstaff

flakhappy, it's great to hear from an advocate of the esports scene! PM me some of your contact information and let's see if Woot.com and iBUYPOWER can help you achieve your dream.

flakhappy wrote:If I have a team that makes into the LCS Do i have a chance to get Woot.com and iBuyPower being sponsers? It would be an awesome dream.

ibuypowerstaff

DanTycoon9900 wrote:This is worrying me. Will a computer I buy here not be able to do SLI because it's locked? Are there ways around it?

Being able to disable/enable SLI through the motherboard was something that only affected older machines when SLI was still a new technology. All new motherboards will either be SLI capable or not, there is no way to "turn it on" if the board does not support it. Likewise, most boards do not have a feature to disable it.

However, only the two X79 platform systems (WT711XLC, BB760i) support SLI amongst these configs. The Z87 Intel systems use an Asrock Z87 Pro3 motherboard, which does not have a second PCIE slot, so will not support any multi-gpu setups.