lichme

quality posts: 3194 Private Messages lichme

Item: Apple Lightning to USB Cable
Price: $9.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

davevpi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davevpi

Is this a real cable from Apple or is it a knockoff? I've had no luck whatsoever with knockoff cables.

demon00689

quality posts: 10 Private Messages demon00689

Official Apple Store price is $19, with $4 shipping. So even if this is the only thing you put in your cart, this would appear to save you about $9.

For reference:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD818ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-cable?fnode=3a

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 38 Private Messages jiggersgreen
davevpi wrote:Is this a real cable from Apple or is it a knockoff? I've had no luck whatsoever with knockoff cables.

It says Apple and 1 year warranty.

adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628
davevpi wrote:Is this a real cable from Apple or is it a knockoff? I've had no luck whatsoever with knockoff cables.

Knockoffs may work on iphone 5 with ios6 but some are reporting errors on iphone 5s (me included) and iphone 5 with ios7

pturner3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pturner3

I agree. Please be more specific on the manufacture. Thanks!

jiggersgreen

pturner3 wrote:I agree. Please be more specific on the manufacture. Thanks!

Why would Apple offer a 1 yr. warranty on a knockoff?

bsteimel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsteimel

I use monoprice and amazon cables plus apple cables. All of these cables have had no issues with IOS7

I've been wooting and swapping deals since 2006

davevpi

jiggersgreen wrote:It says Apple and 1 year warranty.

The innumerable knockoff cables for sale on Amazon also say Apple.

I didn't notice the bit about the warranty ... that does seem to imply it's real.

demon00689

quality posts: 10 Private Messages demon00689

Seems abundantly clear:

Warranty: 1 Year Apple

In the box:
Apple Lightning to USB Cable

... in addition to Apple being in the title of the offer.

noorct

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noorct

Warranty says 1 year Apple. So the legit deal

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

I've had absolutely no difficulty with aftermarket lightning cables.

Woot, you really need to fix your shipping costs for Woot-offs to be only $5 per day because very few things under $20 make sense otherwise.

davevpi

bsteimel wrote:I use monoprice and amazon cables plus apple cables. All of these cables have had no issues with IOS7

The Amazon-branded cable works (from everything I've heard). The problem is that it's too big to fit with many cases (including the one I have).

jiggersgreen

narquespamley wrote:I've had absolutely no difficulty with aftermarket lightning cables.

Woot, you really need to fix your shipping costs for Woot-offs to be only $5 per day because very few things under $20 make sense otherwise.

Yes,please bring back $5.00 a day shipping.

dbehera2000

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dbehera2000

I don't yet have an iPhone that is compatible with this cable. Yeah... I know... can you believe that?

But I am thinking about upgrading to the 5S or 5C in the near future. Does buying the accessory before buying the actual product make me appear insane?

benpatient

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benpatient
50% off

Great, now it's only 100% too much!

starryeyedsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages starryeyedsky
narquespamley wrote:I've had absolutely no difficulty with aftermarket lightning cables.

I agree. The only reason I bought this particular deal is that I need to replace 2 of my lightning cables. Wouldn't have been worth it just for 1.

cutier33

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cutier33

In for 3 - I can't get these this inexpensive anywhere else!
Great Deal!

benpatient

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benpatient
dbehera2000 wrote:I don't yet have an iPhone that is compatible with this cable. Yeah... I know... can you believe that?

But I am thinking about upgrading to the 5S or 5C in the near future. Does buying the accessory before buying the actual product make me appear insane?

No more than adding $2000+ worth of contract extension with a crappy mobile carrier would already. Don't worry, there are millions of you sitting around consoling each other on Twitter, so you won't feel bad for long. Every now and then, you'll wake up in a cold sweat, with this feeling that you just can't shake. That's lucid thought trying to sneak in while your consciousness was distracted by a glorious/horrible dreamscape. Check your phone for messages or status updates, and that will pass, too.

davevpi

dbehera2000 wrote:I don't yet have an iPhone that is compatible with this cable. Yeah... I know... can you believe that?

No. It's not insane until an even newer iPhone comes out and Apple introduces the new "quantum" cable, rendering your 30-pin and lightning cables obsolete.

I wish Apple would use the micro USB like every other device I own, but they're Apple so they don't have to. Seriously, I have a blue tooth speaker, a wireless keyboard, not to mention a couple of android devices - and they all use micro USB. Why can't Apple? Because they're Apple and they don't have to.

bjbyers

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjbyers
jiggersgreen wrote:Yes,please bring back $5.00 a day shipping.

You can get $5 shipping for everything in your cart at checkout (across all sites). But with a woot odd the timing is tricky, the stars just aligned for me with woot and something on kids woot.

Alison Gail Bixby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Alison Gail Bixby

I hope not; I'm buying two and don't have the iPhone 5 yet. But I sure want one.

micaheloftroy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages micaheloftroy
davevpi wrote:No. It's not insane until an even newer iPhone comes out and Apple introduces the new "quantum" cable, rendering your 30-pin and lightning cables obsolete.

I wish Apple would use the micro USB like every other device I own, but they're Apple so they don't have to. Seriously, I have a blue tooth speaker, a wireless keyboard, not to mention a couple of android devices - and they all use micro USB. Why can't Apple? Because they're Apple and they don't have to.

MicroUSB won't do what apple plans on doing with the lightning cable.

Please do your research prior to posting. (Let alone on woot where people are here to buy, not contemplate technology decisions made by people who have changed the face of technology since computer became a household word.)

dbehera2000

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dbehera2000
Alison Gail Bixby wrote:I hope not; I'm buying two and don't have the iPhone 5 yet. But I sure want one.

That's it. I am in for 3.

ophmarketing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ophmarketing

So these finally arrived today--I seriously doubt they're authentic Apple products.

First off, they arrived without boxes, just wrapped in a clear plastic band and tossed in an envelope.

Second, they were sent to me from someone named Genia Madden at a company called US Mortgage Promotions. I almost threw it out, thinking it was some sort of stupid "switch your mortgage to us" garbage.

Tried one, and it seems to charge my iOS7 device, but still...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ophmarketing wrote:So these finally arrived today--I seriously doubt they're authentic Apple products.

First off, they arrived without boxes, just wrapped in a clear plastic band and tossed in an envelope.

Second, they were sent to me from someone named Genia Madden at a company called US Mortgage Promotions. I almost threw it out, thinking it was some sort of stupid "switch your mortgage to us" garbage.

It was dropshipped directly from our vendor. That's why it didn't have a Woot address as the sender.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

echobucket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echobucket
ophmarketing wrote:So these finally arrived today--I seriously doubt they're authentic Apple products.

Mine just came in as well. They seem stiffer than the actual Apple cables. However, if you look at the actual wire, it does say "Designed by Apple in California, Assembled in China". So if they are fake, they are very thorough fakes. The envelope being from US Mortgage Promotions makes them seem pretty shady though.

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0509531
ThunderThighs wrote:It was dropshipped directly from our vendor. That's why it didn't have a Woot address as the sender.

Dear Woot,

Utterly disappointing. Clearly this isn't how authentic Apple cables are packaged in retail shops. No box, no paperwork, just the cable itself wrapped in a plastic sleeve.

I compared this new cable to two existing Lightning cable I have that I know are authentic, and there are slight differences in length, cord color, and the feel of the cord.

I think we've all been had, including you Woot, since you say this was drop-shipped directly from "your vendor" so that means you never saw the product I assume?

cagey1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cagey1
0509531 wrote:Dear Woot,

Utterly disappointing. Clearly this isn't how authentic Apple cables are packaged in retail shops. No box, no paperwork, just the cable itself wrapped in a plastic sleeve.

I compared this new cable to two existing Lightning cable I have that I know are authentic, and there are slight differences in length, cord color, and the feel of the cord.

I think we've all been had, including you Woot, since you say this was drop-shipped directly from "your vendor" so that means you never saw the product I assume?

Add me to the same list: Cables came from Genia Madden; just a plastic band instead of full pkging; cables seem stiffer and "different"; but they do have the Apple text printed on the wire. I'm suspicious and disappointed.

hella

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hella

I got my cables today, and I got the same thing as everyone else.

Has any one tried the cables yet? Do they seem to work without setting fire to your device or house?

<#

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

hella wrote:I got my cables today, and I got the same thing as everyone else.

Has any one tried the cables yet? Do they seem to work without setting fire to your device or house?

0509531 wrote:Dear Woot,

echobucket wrote:Mine just came in as well. They seem stiffer than the actual Apple cables. However, if you look at the actual wire, it does say "Designed by Apple in California, Assembled in China". So if they are fake, they are very thorough fakes. The envelope being from US Mortgage Promotions makes them seem pretty shady though.

Our buyer would like to clarify that the Apple Cables sold in this offer are 100%/Vendor Confirmed Apple Lightning to USB Cables.

Your purchase might not have arrived in retail packing, but should be certified by Apple plastic bands and labels on the product.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding your purchase, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com

moo083

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moo083

I am going to have to agree with my fellow purchasers here. I bought a couple of these and my wife tells me that every time she plugs in her phone it says its not certified and may not work. It DOES charge but that is sort of proof that it is NOT a real Apple cable.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I ordered one just to check it out. It looks just like the cable that came with my phone - plastic wrapped. Feels exactly the same. And it's charging my iPhone via the Apple wall adapter right now with no problems.

You might check that the adapter (wall or car) isn't 3rd party. I had a set of 3rd party adapters for my 3GS that gave the error that it wasn't recognized. Cable was my phone's cable. The adapter was the problem.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items