zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme

quality posts: 3023 Private Messages lichme

Item: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard
Price: $69.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/29/2013 - $98.99 (Woot Plus)

poser55

quality posts: 2 Private Messages poser55

Um... A refurb keyboard for $69? Is this the Twilight Zone?

jrummell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrummell

Do the keys clack?? I like mechanical, but not noisy mechanical...

Flexfx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flexfx
jrummell wrote:Do the keys clack?? I like mechanical, but not noisy mechanical...

Yes, clack, clack!

jrummell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrummell
jrummell wrote:Do the keys clack?? I like mechanical, but not noisy mechanical...

Yes, they sure do clack ... damn. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBV9YaLWyOk

leeeoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leeeoon

Looks like they're cherry blues, so they'll annoy the hell out of anyone you live with.

pragmatist007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pragmatist007

Sorry, but no "ultimate" keyboard has a cord.

danielosejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danielosejo

So, is this the ultimate keyboard or the Expert one? It shows backlit in one picture and regular in the other... and the expert and ultimate are different keyboards.... so which is this?

GGA1759

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GGA1759

Wired is best. I just love when my guild mates drop from a raid because their keyboard was acting up because it was low on battery strength.

pragmatist007 wrote:Sorry, but no "ultimate" keyboard has a cord.

netsony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netsony

I'm guessing from the specs that this is the ultimate because it is backlit and has USB and headphone passthrough.

If only it were the stealth edition, I'd buy 2! I can't stand the noisy cherry blues.

33tango

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 33tango

Bought off amazon two months ago. Yes it has loud keys. I love mine, like mechanical keys. One small gripe is the back-lighting is only for the primary characters, for the shift characters you just need to know what's where or you're in trouble. I knew about this ahead of time, it's not a deal breaker for me. I paid $109 from newegg during a price drop from regular full retail of $129. Wish I had waited, but you never know what's going to show up on woot. Backlighting is bright green, no other colors to choose from. The usb pass through is handy if you like a usb audio wired headset or need another usb jack on your desktop but they put it the wrong side, it interferes with your mouse's personal space and it's easy to run into anything plugged into the jack. Should have been on the left side instead. I give it 4/5.

kolme

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kolme

Thanks 33tango for that quickie summary it helps. Can you or anyone else allude to what makes this keyboard such a high tier keyboard? Is it really just the lights, extra buttons, and USB passthroughs or is there an inherent quality of the keyboard which makes it good? I'm well versed in mice/mics but keyboards are my weak point.

n0816

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n0816
kolme wrote:Thanks 33tango for that quickie summary it helps. Can you or anyone else allude to what makes this keyboard such a high tier keyboard? Is it really just the lights, extra buttons, and USB passthroughs or is there an inherent quality of the keyboard which makes it good? I'm well versed in mice/mics but keyboards are my weak point.

I think the main selling point of this keyboard (besides the factors that you and 33tango mentioned) is that it is a mechanical keyboard. The discussions for previous mechanical keyboard sales can probably explain the benefit of this better than I would be able to.

thranma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thranma

in for one, 69 isn't terrible for a razer, even a refurb. Not the best, but still a good price.

And yes, I'm typing on one now and they clack like crazy.

ElBarto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElBarto

I just bought this (mostly on impulse) My Stealth (not Ultimate) is a few feet away gathering dust.

After burying the keystroke on Cherry Blacks for at least a year, and not adjusting things with the Brown switches, I figure it's time to try for the clickety-clack of the Blues.

netsony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netsony

If you're interested in selling your stealth keyboard, let me know. I love the MX Cherry browns!

ElBarto wrote:I just bought this (mostly on impulse) My Stealth (not Ultimate) is a few feet away gathering dust.

After burying the keystroke on Cherry Blacks for at least a year, and not adjusting things with the Brown switches, I figure it's time to try for the clickety-clack of the Blues.

kolme

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kolme

Ok, what just happened?... It hit 50% after like 2 hours and then suddenly it was "sold out" with 1 refresh... Its never a good idea to sit around on a deal, but that seemed a bit strange.

soullesshell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soullesshell

This is my first buy on Woot. Im so excited i cant wait...i shoudlve chosen 2 day shipping