WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Laptops!

Laptops?! Them the voodoo boxes with all the typey-types all done up over 'em? No thanky very much, friend! Shucks if I'll understand how'n to use none of them 'lectrotraps in all my life. What'n's that? Them's "user friendly"? Well buy my shorts and call me a pilgrim, I'm in!

desigirlz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desigirlz

My son wants to capture his xbox game play for youtube so I bought this:

http://tech.woot.com/offers/hauppauge-hd-pvr-2-for-xbox-360-365

Then we realized his laptop was totally inadequate. This looks like it meets the requirements. I know the resolution is low but capture is the main concern.

http://www.woot.com/offers/toshiba-15-6-core-i7-laptop-w-blu-ray-1

Anyone have experience? of course we don't want to invest any more money than necessary on this!

gmcountry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmcountry

Duuude! You're getting a Craig!

desigirlz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desigirlz
gmcountry wrote:Duuude! You're getting a Craig!

As in "Craigslist"?

sz911boy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sz911boy

Order the Folio 13 1029wm last time. Order this one for friend again.
This is exact the one we want. light, long enough battery time, every good for my daily usage.
The keyboard is really good for lots of typing.

theeox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theeox

Is this stinkin laptop any good? Its 219 bucks, but does anyone know if this lappy is any good or is it a piece of crap?
Thanks
HP 2000-2B09WM Laptop, 15.6” HD BrightView LED, AMD E-300 Dual-Core 1.3GHz, 2GB DDR3, 320GB SATA, HDMI, Radeon HD 6310, 802.11n, Win 8

theeox

Is this stinkin laptop any good? Its 219 bucks, but does anyone know if this lappy is any good or is it a piece of crap?
Thanks

HP 2000-2B09WM Laptop, 15.6” HD BrightView LED, AMD E-300 Dual-Core 1.3GHz, 2GB DDR3, 320GB SATA, HDMI, Radeon HD 6310, 802.11n, Win 8
$219.99
In Stock.

theeox

I love WOOT. Do You?

theeox

Wheres Mortimer?

spsmyth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spsmyth
gmcountry wrote:Duuude! You're getting a Craig!

Just did a quick search. This is a qualified fail on so many levels. This Woot! version ships with Jelly Bean, so there's that, but it doesn't come with the Play Store, so I assume no Google services and it doesn't have an active community on XDA Developers, so that means no one cares to do any rooting. El Paso.

Steve S.

Former Apple tech and general IT guy.

epicdroid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicdroid

Woot please help me I payed for a 355.99 laptop and the money went through on my card but it said DENIED on a page. It is also not showing up on my STUFF YOU BOUGHT page. I sent an e-mail to you all and I still haven't gotten a response. This is making me and my son furious for this inconvenience.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

epicdroid wrote:Woot please help me I payed for a 355.99 laptop and the money went through on my card but it said DENIED on a page. It is also not showing up on my STUFF YOU BOUGHT page. I sent an e-mail to you all and I still haven't gotten a response. This is making me and my son furious for this inconvenience.

Sorry for the late reply.

I've forwarded your post along to Woot Member Services to see if I can get you a response.
I also recommend that you check the spam folder of your email provider. Sometimes their responses get filtered there.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

epicdroid wrote:Woot please help me I payed for a 355.99 laptop and the money went through on my card but it said DENIED on a page. It is also not showing up on my STUFF YOU BOUGHT page. I sent an e-mail to you all and I still haven't gotten a response. This is making me and my son furious for this inconvenience.

Hi there. It sounds like your order was denied. Often this is because your address on your woot account doesn't match the info on your payment source.

The charges you are seeing are just an AUTH verification of funds, not a real charge. It will drop off in a couple days when no real charge goes through. The timing of when it is dropped depends on your bank.

CS can give you more info on the denial. support@woot.com

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dellos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dellos

wolfwebwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfwebwoot

I guess I'm a little late to the sale, but can someone tell me the difference between "refurbished" and "factory reconditioned"? Thanks!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wolfwebwoot wrote:I guess I'm a little late to the sale, but can someone tell me the difference between "refurbished" and "factory reconditioned"? Thanks!

Our definition of Factory Reconditioned:

A "factory reconditioned" item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It's as close to new as you can get without technically being "new".

Refurbished products are handled by third parties.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wolfwebwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfwebwoot

Thank you! That's what I was guessing, but just wanted to be certain.

ThunderThighs wrote:Our definition of Factory Reconditioned:

A "factory reconditioned" item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It's as close to new as you can get without technically being "new".

Refurbished products are handled by third parties.

foofoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foofoo

Just got my Lenovo T410 refurb
It's way better than the specs listed. Has the Nvidia graphics and a 128 GB Toshiba SSD. THis is a surprise, but a very welcome one. That makes this a much better deal than I expected.

bignoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bignoz

I ordered a W-510. I received a confirmation *edited* and my credit card was charged the W-510 price.

A week ago I received a T-410 which is significantly less expensive.

I emailed support to inform them of their mistake. A day later I received an email saying they needed the serial number of the unit I received.

I responded with the info, got no response other than robo receipt email, after two days I sent all the info again, two more days and again no response, the latest robo was *edited*.

I had been told that Woot was a solid operation with good support. It seems like they should have good enough records to easily verify their screw-up.

I think the credit card company will be satisfied that I pursued reasonable recourse before refuting the charge.

[MOD EDIT: Edited out personal information]

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bignoz wrote:I ordered a W-510. I received a confirmation *edited* and my credit card was charged the W-510 price.

I emailed support to inform them of their mistake. A day later I received an email saying they needed the serial number of the unit I received.

I responded with the info, got no response other than robo receipt email, after two days I sent all the info again, two more days and again no response, the latest robo was *edited*.

I had been told that Woot was a solid operation with good support. It seems like they should have good enough records to easily verify their screw-up.

I think the credit card company will be satisfied that I pursued reasonable recourse before refuting the charge.

I'm very sorry to hear that you received the incorrect model and that you encountered these issues with Woot Member Services.

I'll forward your post along to Woot Member Services and see if I can't find you a helpful resolve to this matter.

bignoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bignoz
bignoz wrote:I ordered a W-510. I received a confirmation *edited* and my credit card was charged the W-510 price.

-------------------------------

FINALLY A RESPONSE

We are sorry to hear you need to return the product to us. Unfortunately, we do not have a replacement unit available. Please find the link to your Complimentary return label below.

Your RMA number for the item is 174933-1. Please make sure to include this RMA number on your package when returning it to us. Your return label will expire in 5 days. Simply attach the label to your package and place it in the U.S. mail at your earliest convenience. Your returned item will typically take 7-10 business days to process from receipt. However it can vary during busier times such as holidays.

Sooooo, it was totally your screw-up, but I get the effort of returning the mistake with no remuneration and I get to have a fat charge sitting on my visa for a month and I don't get what I originally ordered. I guess I have been Wooted.

I will be sure to update my commentary on the community page. I suspect that was what made you finally respond.

linklian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linklian

quite disappointing and looks dirty at every port? refurbished? will never buy this kind of stuff. and one bad spot at screen. bad experience!