fruitopia3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fruitopia3
jamina1 wrote:I worked as a jewelry sales person and I can tell you several things:

1) Diamonds are cheap, but marked up like crazy.
2) People are super picky about what basically amounts to a hunk of coal. Oh, its got good color but a minor imperfection? I'M TOO GOOD FOR THAT! Or its HUGE and affordable but the color is a bit off? NOPE, WON'T GO NEAR IT. I.E. People are diamond snobs for no good reason. There are plenty of big rocks out there with H or I color but no one buys them because they aren't "perfect".
3) Cubic Zirconia is more sparkly than real diamonds - in the light it LOOKS better.
4) And hell, ITS CHEAP! Why the hell should you put yourself into debt for some stupid status symbol right before you're beginning your life together? That makes no sense.
If your woman is going to berate you because the ring "wasn't expensive enough" then you have more problems than you think, bucko.

My engagement ring was by no means expensive but I did insist that it was 1) real and 2) at least $100. If my man can not bear to part with $100 in order to show his love than I am not much to him. I agree that a couple should not go into debt in order to buy a ring but a guy should also be able to give up a few nights of pizza delivery and the newest Call of Duty in order to buy his girl a ring! I think most of us don't care about the clarity or perfection of the diamond (like we would even notice) but its the point of going without a little to show that you are truly committed to the relationship!

barthumphries

quality posts: 1 Private Messages barthumphries

Some of you are way too snooty. It's an engagement ring. The important thing is who you're with. If she cares that much about the bling bling, let her go and grab someone else. When my parents became engaged, my dad gave my mom the plastic ring off a bottle of soda (you know the bit left on the top after you unscrew the plastic cap). Now my mom has this amazing gold blinging ring, but this ring here on Woot is just an engagement ring. Unless you're one of those crazy people who spend 10 years thinking about a wedding, she's only going to wear it for a few months -- you already spent months and months getting to know each other and deciding whether you wanted to get engaged, right?

enigmachick

quality posts: 6 Private Messages enigmachick

Blood diamonds. Just saying.

No. That's not me.

spun4621

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spun4621

Has anyone actually received theirs yet? The delivery date on mine was slated for 10/5/13 and lo and behold, never showed up. Grr @ FedEx. That's a whole other story. Now my delivery date says N/A.

But, to the people that have gotten theirs, how do you like them? Is it everything you had hoped it to be?

kellysunshinerain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellysunshinerain
spun4621 wrote:Has anyone actually received theirs yet? The delivery date on mine was slated for 10/5/13 and lo and behold, never showed up. Grr @ FedEx. That's a whole other story. Now my delivery date says N/A.

But, to the people that have gotten theirs, how do you like them? Is it everything you had hoped it to be?

I haven't received mine yet either.

Bookatze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bookatze
spun4621 wrote:Has anyone actually received theirs yet? The delivery date on mine was slated for 10/5/13 and lo and behold, never showed up. Grr @ FedEx. That's a whole other story. Now my delivery date says N/A.

I have not received mine. Same thing, delivery date changed from 10/5 to N/A. Status "initiated", nothing since. Having a deja vu moment; this is how it started with the cat towers that never shipped, but that was a problem with the vendor, not FedEx.

spun4621

@Woot Staff

Any info on this?

ajfrisinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajfrisinger

I've not received mine yet either. Had an estimated delivery date of 10/02 and now "initializing" whatever that means.

Had hoped to have it by now.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry guys. We're looking into it.

UPDATE: We heard back from the vendor. There was a bit of delay because they were closed for a Jewish holiday and that got them a bit backed up. Everything has shipped now though and you should see tracking start to update as soon as FedEx gets everything scanned in.

If you have any other questions, please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

spun4621

10/08/2013 - Tuesday

11:09 pm
Arrived at FedEx location

KEASBEY, NJ

9:15 pm
Left FedEx origin facility

LONG ISLAND CITY, NY

8:21 pm
Arrived at FedEx location

LONG ISLAND CITY, NY

12:00 am
Picked up

LONG ISLAND CITY, NY

-

10/02/2013 - Wednesday

6:13 pm
Shipment information sent to FedEx

A six day holiday, huh? Precisely why FedEx sucks and this vendor has a particularly crappy excuse.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

spun4621 wrote:
A six day holiday, huh? Precisely why FedEx sucks and this vendor has a particularly crappy excuse.

I did add that the holiday got them behind. FedEx Residential doesn't work weekends and I recall someone telling me that they also don't scan/deliver on Mondays either. It's on schedule for leaving there vendors on Friday as I stated. The arrivals at facility is when the item was scanned it in.

Apologies for the delay in this shipment.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ajfrisinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajfrisinger

Mine came today. It's pretty but the bands move apart.

kellysunshinerain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellysunshinerain

It's laughable that this was allegedly a $200 item marked down to $20. I suppose it's worth $20, but my rings aren't even round. I guess I'll save them for "special" occasions.

kajimoma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kajimoma

c'mon people. It was TWENTY bucks - what do you expect? It's actually not as cheesy as what you'd find at the mall. At a glance - it's almost believable.