elangomatt


quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
thecooley wrote:My USB fridge is being put to good use at work. I have several jealous co-workers!



Me too! One of my co-workers has a USB missle launcher and a nodding USB dog on her desk and she is threatening to steal my fridge now too!

Diet caffeine free Sun Drop soda? What's the point in that? Of course, I don't like the taste of Sun Drop much so that might be making me biased.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

elangomatt wrote:Finally, there is one more thing that is pretty cool even if it is less useful to me than many of the things above.



Yep, that's a gambling set that fits into a mini guitar case!


THAT. Is. AMAZING!



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thecooley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecooley
elangomatt wrote:Diet caffeine free Sun Drop soda? What's the point in that? Of course, I don't like the taste of Sun Drop much so that might be making me biased.



LOL, I knew I should have stuck a Cherry Coke Zero in there instead! I wanted to have it there for regional reference (although I think it's available outside of north Alabama now). Plus, the Sun Drop has a prettier can.

jsh139


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

Got mine! Looks like TT graced me with a piece of her crap.

x1 Crab bag
x1 Kids size 10 woot shirt
x1 Roll of packing tape
x1 Bostonian black dress socks
x1 Gear Wrench ratcheting wrenches
x2 Ugly green curtain panels
x1 Freeze Frame A-Rod action figures.
x8 Bags of Texas air
x1 Bags of our Crap! letter from ThunderThighs

Employee's Woot Site User Name: ThunderThighs
Item: A-Rod set
How long have you owned this crap?: ?
Why are you giving away this crap? He gets on TMZ too much
Any words of wisdom to the recipient of this crap? Don't get noticed by TMZ



Thanks woot (and TT)!

Insert signature here.

jsh139


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

And now of course I have this stuck in my head :P

Insert signature here.

elangomatt


quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
thecooley wrote:LOL, I knew I should have stuck a Cherry Coke Zero in there instead! I wanted to have it there for regional reference (although I think it's available outside of north Alabama now). Plus, the Sun Drop has a prettier can.


Yeah, Sun Drop is (or at least was) available elsewhere including northern Illinois where I am. I remember a few years ago they were giving away free two liter bottles at a local grocery store when it first became available. I remember it tasting very artificial and overly sweet so I haven't looked for it since. I think it might still be around though.

bsmith1


quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
elangomatt wrote:Yeah, Sun Drop is (or at least was) available elsewhere including northern Illinois where I am. I remember a few years ago they were giving away free two liter bottles at a local grocery store when it first became available. I remember it tasting very artificial and overly sweet so I haven't looked for it since. I think it might still be around though.



We have sundrop in KS, but I ain't ne'er seen no diet caffeine free sundrop 'round here.
Edit: Though, I don't reckon I'd be lookin' for such a thing.

Indiefab


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Indiefab




Texas air x 5. Kind of pathetic really. My kids will be shattered.
Zombie Motel Tshirt, size 10 kids
Bostonian Mens socks, size 8-12, 12 PAIR! What!
College wireless mouse, U of Minnesota model
Invicta model 10442 DNA Recycled Art women's watch with the unusual face from a "Coca-Cola Light" aka Diet Coke. My wife will be overjoyed. Retail price $900. Amazon price $100
Crab Bag
Woot! letter from Skemmis warning me to Lysol these Gus' grapes after watching the "Fat Gus" videos.
I'm afraid.

Dissonance


quality posts: 12 Private Messages Dissonance
Indiefab wrote:

Texas air x 5. Kind of pathetic really. My kids will be shattered.
Zombie Motel Tshirt, size 10 kids
Bostonian Mens socks, size 8-12, 12 PAIR! What!
College wireless mouse, U of Minnesota model
Invicta model 10442 DNA Recycled Art women's watch with the unusual face from a "Coca-Cola Light" aka Diet Coke. My wife will be overjoyed. Retail price $900. Amazon price $100
Crab Bag
Woot! letter from Skemmis warning me to Lysol these Gus' grapes after watching the "Fat Gus" videos.
I'm afraid.



Have you seen the videos?! They can't be un-seen!


Indiefab


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Indiefab
Dissonance wrote:Have you seen the videos?! They can't be un-seen!



You would think that pouring dishwashing soap straight into your eyes would work.
It does help, there just isn't enough in the world to be completely effective.

siryn79


quality posts: 2 Private Messages siryn79

got my package, yay! (actual box is 14x10x8.. weight isn't listed). i was excited at first that the box is bigger than i thought, but it still felt very light which made me sad. then i opened the box and got super excited to see the bluetooth speaker.. but then i just charged it for 2 hours (until LED light went off, as instructed) and started to write this post to find that it doesn't work (super sad face). i am not handy at all and don't have any ambition to fix this thing. should i trash it?

as you can see, i went through an emotional roller coaster with this Bandolier of Carrots, lol. but i did say that i wasn't expecting much. i'm a little disappointed that there isn't anything i will actually use, but that's the name of the game (literally). i plan to donate everything to my local thrift shop so i'm sure someone will get use out of these.

i still love woot and the anticipation was fun. i'm just happy that i finally got a Bandolier of Carrots. it feels like a rite of passage in the woot community =) so thank you woot and thank you thunderthighs!!

1 each:
- underdog movie (courtesy of thunderthighs)
- note from TT
- kids size 12 t-shirt (pretty cool -- too bad i don't know any kids this size)
- polarized horisun sunglasses (anti-fog and scratch resistant)
- jbl tempo earbuds
- pearl jewelry set with necklace, bracelet and earrings
- and last but not least, a braven 600 bluetooth speaker! i'm charging it right now. must be refurbished since it didn't come in a box, but i'll just be happy if it works. i'll update tomorrow. (UPDATE: it does NOT work. boohoo)
- and of course the crab bag and 10 bags of air



siryn79 wrote:9x9x9, 2.8 lbs, 10/3.. departed dallas early this morning! looks like i'm getting the smallest/lightest package out of anyone here. i'll be happy if there is just one thing that i can use in there =) i'm kind of scared it will be all gag gifts since it's the woot staffers' garbage, though..



billlehecka


quality posts: 2 Private Messages billlehecka

OK.... I hope to heaven I don't have an illegal Bag of Our Crap...

I'm in Upstate New York, and during lunch I went home to get my box and brought it back to the office... Simple enough, I've done it before.

Contents seem inocuous.

26 - Bags of Texas Air
1 - Open Doorbell Ringer (that worked!)
1 - Crab Bag
1 - Pack of unopened Texas Hold 'Em Cards
2 - Little Hotties Hand Warmers
1 - Kids.Woot Size 10 T-Shirt of a samurai kitten on top of a fish... OK.

Then it got weird...

1 - Mini Walkie Talkie that seems to work, but doesn't have a matching pair.
1 - Rubber Ducky with a pink hat. Cowgirl ducky?
1 - Madison Morgan When Dogs Blog Pin
1 - Dell 64 MB (That's MB, not GB) Thumbdrive
1 - Paws of the Wild Endangered Species Stickers (That seemed to have lost their stickyness.
2 - Finger Puppets (A narwhal and a pickle)
1 - and I have a hard time not giggling at this... Runaway Monkey Air Freshener (Lingonberry Scented)
1 - Rubber Cockroach
1 - Broken cradle topper? I don't know.
1 - Gold painted buddha... Which goes great with the red buddha a former co-worker gave me.

And here's where I think it might be a problem.

1 - Used Aftermath Airsoft Kraken Paratrooper AEG Rifle. (Retails for $225) The armrest is broken. No magazine or charger was included... But honestly, it looks like I brought a weapon into my office. Not cool.

elangomatt


quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
siryn79 wrote:then i opened the box and got super excited to see the bluetooth speaker.. but then i just charged it for 2 hours (until LED light went off, as instructed) and started to write this post to find that it doesn't work (super sad face). i am not handy at all and don't have any ambition to fix this thing. should i trash it?

- and last but not least, a braven 600 bluetooth speaker! i'm charging it right now. must be refurbished since it didn't come in a box, but i'll just be happy if it works. i'll update tomorrow. (UPDATE: it does NOT work. boohoo)



I'm assuming that you followed some kind of instructions on pairing it up with whatever device you're trying to use? I looked on an older woot thread on this speaker and they appear to have a lot of power button issues with this model so maybe yours is a broken return.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Indiefab wrote:
Woot! letter from Skemmis warning me to Lysol these Gus' grapes after watching the "Fat Gus" videos.
I'm afraid.

that may just qualify for today's poll.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

siryn79


quality posts: 2 Private Messages siryn79
elangomatt wrote:I'm assuming that you followed some kind of instructions on pairing it up with whatever device you're trying to use? I looked on an older woot thread on this speaker and they appear to have a lot of power button issues with this model so maybe yours is a broken return.


yes, i found the thread on this speaker and saw the same. the power button does seem to be broken. though i'm not handy, i would normally attempt to open this thing up, but there are absolutely no screws to be found on the body. ah well. thanks for the sympathy, though!


billlehecka wrote:
1 - Used Aftermath Airsoft Kraken Paratrooper AEG Rifle. (Retails for $225) The armrest is broken. No magazine or charger was included... But honestly, it looks like I brought a weapon into my office. Not cool.


omgg! i work in nyc too and that would NOT be okay to bring to the office. my mail room actually wouldn't deliver a mikasa cake and pie cutter that i had bought from woot a couple months ago bc they can't deliver "knives" (all packages are scanned). i have no clue what they would have done if they saw a gun! i imagine that it would be difficult to explain the "baag of crap" concept to them. good luck sneaking that thing out!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

elangomatt wrote:I'm assuming that you followed some kind of instructions on pairing it up with whatever device you're trying to use? I looked on an older woot thread on this speaker and they appear to have a lot of power button issues with this model so maybe yours is a broken return.


You might also try charging it longer for the first charge. Most batteries are shipped completely drained for safety reasons. Try a full 24 hr charge.

Then again, it's possible that it's crap.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

billlehecka


quality posts: 2 Private Messages billlehecka
siryn79 wrote:omgg! i work in nyc too and that would NOT be okay to bring to the office. my mail room actually wouldn't deliver a mikasa cake and pie cutter that i had bought from woot a couple months ago bc they can't deliver "knives" (all packages are scanned). i have no clue what they would have done if they saw a gun! i imagine that it would be difficult to explain the "baag of crap" concept to them. good luck sneaking that thing out!



Luckily I live in Upstate NY where these things aren't actually BANNED. I mean, I could be arrested if I bring this into the 5 boroughs and Long Island.

Probably should've shipped this haul to another state like Texas, where the recipient wouldn't be freaking out.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

billlehecka wrote:Luckily I live in Upstate NY where these things aren't actually BANNED. I mean, I could be arrested if I bring this into the 5 boroughs and Long Island.

Probably should've shipped this haul to another state like Texas, where the recipient wouldn't be freaking out.


I'll pass this info on to our crap elves. Sorry. Didn't mean to get you in trouble.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

billlehecka


quality posts: 2 Private Messages billlehecka
ThunderThighs wrote:I'll pass this info on to our crap elves. Sorry. Didn't mean to get you in trouble.



I think everything will be OK. At least I hope so. Otherwise, I'm a touch concerned. Why would there be an airgun in a Badgers or Chipmunks?!?!?! I think that's the type of item I'd like to know about coming to my door. I certainly wouldn't have brought it to work if I knew it was in there.

Do we know which Woot Staffer decided to play this little prank on me?

llindman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages llindman



1 - Gear Pro 720p HD Sport Action Camera
2 - Crab bags
1 - Star Map shirt (Kids 10)
3 - Rolls of clear packing tape
1 - Roll of wide yellow tape
1 - Pair of red mesh shorts (Men's S)
2 - {airs of pink toe socks (Women's M)
1 - Pair of Little Hotties hand warmers
3 - Sheets of red mylar tissue
6.75 - Sheets of green mylar tissue

Thanks Woot!

bsmith1


quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
billlehecka wrote:I think everything will be OK. At least I hope so. Otherwise, I'm a touch concerned. Why would there be an airgun in a Badgers or Chipmunks?!?!?! I think that's the type of item I'd like to know about coming to my door. I certainly wouldn't have brought it to work if I knew it was in there.

Do we know which Woot Staffer decided to play this little prank on me?



I'd be thrilled to get an air gun in a Bandolier of Carrots . Pro tip: don't order mystery boxes if you have stuff shipped to your work. Maybe don't ship any personal stuff to your work. Just sayin'.
Plus, I don't think it's illegal to "own" stuff like this in certain states, it's more that it's illegal to have them shipped from out of state in. Most of the time you can buy "banned" items off the store shelf. It's the ordering online and shipping from out of state that gets you.

billlehecka


quality posts: 2 Private Messages billlehecka
bsmith1 wrote:I'd be thrilled to get an air gun in a Bandolier of Carrots . Pro tip: don't order mystery boxes if you have stuff shipped to your work. Maybe don't ship any personal stuff to your work. Just sayin'.
Plus, I don't think it's illegal to "own" stuff like this in certain states, it's more that it's illegal to have them shipped from out of state in. Most of the time you can buy "banned" items off the store shelf. It's the ordering online and shipping from out of state that gets you.



1. I shipped it to my house. I brought it in to work, because I've done it before without issue. I wanted to open it with a few co-workers around to share in my excitement.

2. In all of the times I've gotten a Bandolier of Carrots I've never had anything objectionable or possibly illegal come here. It just seems like one of those items that shouldn't be in a mystery package, you know what I mean?

link12245


quality posts: 1 Private Messages link12245

I got shafted apparently.

2x xsml kids shirts
1x bag with flower
1x fake sinu knife (the stainless has rusted already)
1x basket ball
1x pair of toddler pants

Nothing useful for a 23yr old nerd, total take was worth about $13. Had this same thing happen twice, so now I don't even try. Woot dropped the ball since the acquisition.

jon98gn


quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
jon98gn wrote:I see that PemberDucky donated some toilet bowl covers. She cares enough to sanitize the bowl before she flushes the contents to us.

Maybe TT will send me some special crap to go with the bidets I ordered earlier this week.



ThunderThighs wrote:Would A-Rod stuff qualify?



Funny. I thought that this was in reference to PemberDucky being the mod for the woot-plus nutrition enhancement *CoughSteroidsCough* supplements being sold, and she was going to send me a special assortment package of them to me.

jsh139 wrote:x1 Freeze Frame A-Rod action figures.


acraigl wrote:
1x A-Rod Action Figure and Trading Card set + Note from TT!



And.... this is really what she meant.

\

jdiehlnm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdiehlnm

I was one of the "ignorant" ones and could never figure out how the hell I was supposed to bid on a Bandolier of Carrots Gee, I guess that Master's Degree didn't sink in. It was irritating...to the point of almost being a complete total Woot Turn OFF.

Hope you are all enjoying your crapsters...Been a long time since I've been able to snag one of these.

thumperchick


quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

So, I totally thought I got some of someone's random garage crap, until I came here and saw that those craps came with notes... Where on earth did you guys find this stuff?



My Haul:
15 bags of Texas air
Kid's size 10 AA shirt, Star Map
Fila boy's shirt size 14/16
Oakley Men's Polo size Small
2 Crabby Bags
Crayola Poster Markers
Crayola Crayons
2 pair pink Injunji socks
Toddler Baby Cutlery (3pc)
Little Hotties Hand Warmers

Stuff I thought was possibly extra crap:
Kindle Charging Cable w/wall adapter
2 packs fabric markers
2 rolls packing tape
1 roll yellow tape
1st Prize trophy pack
2 pairs small hoop gold earrings (1 hearts, 1 dolphins)
Razor Gaming Mouse - seriously used

And last, but not at ALL least:
2 bronze colored Sansa Clip players - they have no screen, and we haven't had a chance to play with them yet, but they've been well used.

Thanks for the craps!

thumperchick


quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

stryper2000


quality posts: 27 Private Messages stryper2000
link12245 wrote:I got shafted apparently.

2x xsml kids shirts
1x bag with flower
1x fake sinu knife (the stainless has rusted already)
1x basket ball
1x pair of toddler pants

Nothing useful for a 23yr old nerd, total take was worth about $13. Had this same thing happen twice, so now I don't even try. Woot dropped the ball since the acquisition.



Since your not going to buy anymore CRAP, I'll have at least a better chance at it

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x38

abitterwoman


quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman

I didn't get any crap, but I enjoy reading about what everyone else got..I guess that makes me one of the voyeurs you speak of.

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

thundertiger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thundertiger
thumperchick wrote:
And last, but not at ALL least:
2 bronze colored Sansa Clip players - they have no screen, and we haven't had a chance to play with them yet, but they've been well used.

Thanks for the craps!



These have been spray painted or something. There is a screen under that bronze color. I barely noticed it when I plugged mine in. The battery life on mine seems rather horrible though.

lstaff


quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

Oh! Memes Galore!, seeing what everyone got has been sooo much fun!! What a great idea, the personal add-ins!

Woot!, you always amaze me with the level of fun you deliver.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thumperchick wrote:I'm super jealous. SUPER jealous.

me too. That's a beautiful cat.

thundertiger wrote:These have been spray painted or something. There is a screen under that bronze color. I barely noticed it when I plugged mine in. The battery life on mine seems rather horrible though.


ThunderThighs wrote:I think those Sansa's were the gold, silver, and bronze medals from the Monkey games a few years back...when we awarded individual medals. Definitely collectors items.




FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

siryn79


quality posts: 2 Private Messages siryn79
ThunderThighs wrote:You might also try charging it longer for the first charge. Most batteries are shipped completely drained for safety reasons. Try a full 24 hr charge.


thanks for the tip.. i left it to charge overnight. not very hopeful, but you never know!


billlehecka wrote:Luckily I live in Upstate NY where these things aren't actually BANNED. I mean, I could be arrested if I bring this into the 5 boroughs and Long Island.


so i was interested in the actual law and you're correct that it's technically legal outside of nyc. but as far as i can tell, it is totally illegal in new york city. did the woot staffers know about this law? and even if they did purposely send it to someone outside of nyc.. i mean, if billiehecka happened to drive into nyc with his unopened box in the car, he could have been arrested if caught.

ApaOps5


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ApaOps5

You.Bought.A.Bag.of.Crap

How on earth can you even think you got shafted?


link12245 wrote:I got shafted apparently.

2x xsml kids shirts
1x bag with flower
1x fake sinu knife (the stainless has rusted already)
1x basket ball
1x pair of toddler pants

Nothing useful for a 23yr old nerd, total take was worth about $13. Had this same thing happen twice, so now I don't even try. Woot dropped the ball since the acquisition.



jubilant


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jubilant
thumperchick wrote:So, I totally thought I got some of someone's random garage crap, until I came here and saw that those craps came with notes....



Not all staff included notes, apparently. I'm willing to bet half my haul was random crap, though I am already putting all of it to good use.

billlehecka


quality posts: 2 Private Messages billlehecka
siryn79 wrote:so i was interested in the actual law and you're correct that it's technically legal outside of nyc. but as far as i can tell, it is totally illegal in new york city. did the woot staffers know about this law? and even if they did purposely send it to someone outside of nyc.. i mean, if billiehecka happened to drive into nyc with his unopened box in the car, he could have been arrested if caught.


Exactly... I mean, it'd be one thing if I knew it was coming because I ordered it, but this is something new all together. It was like "Surprise, you could go to jail now!"

Looks like I'm OK, though. Not sure what I'd do with it, since I'm not a fan of these things.

justjking


quality posts: 3 Private Messages justjking
jubilant wrote:Not all staff included notes, apparently. I'm willing to bet half my haul was random crap, though I am already putting all of it to good use.



Yeah, I didn't get a note with mine. Already made use of some of it though!

jthebird1977


quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977

My bag:



16 bags of air (not pictured)
1 roll of packing tape
1 slightly (or more than) used straw hat
1 Smart Health C200 daily = weekly Life Tracking Monitor (fancy shmancy watch)
1 K10 That's why you leave a note shirt.
1 Gwen's Nest Bag with basket of shells.
1 set of sheets. Queen or King? Won't know till opened. One side says king the pictured side says queen.

No woot staff note

Good stuff thanks woot!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

jthebird1977


quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977

wife's bag:


1 Crystal Fancy Grommet Panel (curtain)
1 K12 Other uses for candy corn shirt (I love this shirt, just wish it was bigger)
1 Women's A-Line 20050 Black Watch
1 Crab Bag
1 Braven 600 bluetooth speaker. (as siryn79 said, it did not work. the switch was broken. i've removed the broken plastic part of the switch and it works well now. I am uploading a video to show how i did it. it should be here shortly.)

and finally:
1 set of rudolph figurines, courtesy of Thunderthighs. TT, these are awesome and she loves them. Thanks for "spreading joy!"

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

gti87


quality posts: 4 Private Messages gti87
jthebird1977 wrote:

and finally:
1 set of rudolph figurines, courtesy of Thunderthighs. TT, these are awesome and she loves them. Thanks for "spreading joy!"



TOTALLY JEALOUS OF THE FIGURINES!