bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
renrutnairbwoot wrote:If you go back and look at the item that had a link earlier this morning, is there still a link there?

No because it's only on the pic that shows on the main woot page. (where you see the "I want one" button not the "add to cart" button) I posted the pic above.

mandren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mandren
ThunderThighs wrote: IMPORTANT

READ THIS!!!!!

Guys, part of the fun of the BOCs is reading what you got. Wooters like reading it and we like reading it.

So rule #1 is to come back and post lists AND pics of what you get. Or videos. Or drawings. Just report back!

The last few sales have been disappointing for me personally. I sent out 20 packs of custom playing cards and one person reported in. Last month, I went shopping for items. I wrapped about 10 items and included handwritten notes. One reported in.

Please, you need to do your part. Share the fun with others. Don't just take the loot and run.

Thanks!

No offense TT, but a lot of that can probably be attributed to killing the community, and trying so hard the apst few years to "spread the wealth" on Bandolier of Carrots.

Years ago, people would flock to the forums to post anything and everything. Now lately with posts being removed, etc, people just dont do it like they used to, the sense of community left. Used to be during a woot-off, each item would have pages of posts, now you're lucky if theres anything apst woot bot. So when you get more Bandolier of Carrots to newer wooters, they just dont realize what they should do with it, because there hasnt really been a community for them to join.

Also, most of the Bandolier of Carrots lately haven't been linked in through the "community" area, some people may just not know how to get to the "hidden" posts for those Bandolier of Carrots to post.

blainetallons

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blainetallons

Just found the second bucket of candles.... already sold out.
it was under gamerPCs

2 years. 0 Bandolier of Carrots :/

mrfishwhiskers

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mrfishwhiskers

If I get TT's used Penguin Messager you better believe I'll post.....

sarahkavitski

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sarahkavitski
blainetallons wrote:Just found the second bucket of candles.... already sold out.
it was under gamerPCs

Ahh, these are all so hidden. I never would have found that in a million years. How are people finding these so fast?

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
sarahkavitski wrote:Ahh, these are all so hidden. I never would have found that in a million years. How are people finding these so fast?

That one sold out on Monday right after it was posted. Not part of this deal.

blainetallons

I've been searching every page for the past hour looking.

I guess I'll come back in a few hours and hope I get lucky.
It's grad work time

rickraus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickraus

Can someone PLEASE explain to me what I have to do for a bag? I have been following this woot off since the begging and I just want a CHANCE at getting a bag. I dont understand where it is or what I have to do. Ive been a member for 3+ years now without one. It would help if I knew what to look for!!!

GreatGazoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GreatGazoo
blainetallons wrote:Just found the second bucket of candles.... already sold out.
it was under gamerPCs

That was from Monday and then they reopened it yesterday. So I'm fairly sure that's not part of today's adventure.

sarahkavitski

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sarahkavitski
renrutnairbwoot wrote:That one sold out on Monday right after it was posted. Not part of this deal.

I didn't realize that was separate. Thanks for clarifying. Fingers crossed for everyone. Good luck!

My newborn son is down for a nap so here is to a probably sad amount of/don't want to admit how much I am actually refreshing and looking.

blainetallons

rickraus wrote:Can someone PLEASE explain to me what I have to do for a bag? I have been following this woot off since the begging and I just want a CHANCE at getting a bag. I dont understand where it is or what I have to do. Ive been a member for 3+ years now without one. It would help if I knew what to look for!!!

Step 1. Find a leprechaun and steal their 4 leaf clover. You WILL need the luck.

Step 2. Abandon your normal life.

Step 3. Search the website, Everywhere on it. Continuously, until you find one.

Step 4. Give in to the fact that most likely everyone found it before you.

Step 5. If step 4 didn't happen, BUY ONE!

For instance, I just found one here: http://www.woot.com/plus/ibuypower-gaming-pcs-4

rickraus

blainetallons wrote:Step 1. Find a leprechaun and steal their 4 leaf clover. You WILL need the luck.

For instance, I just found one here: http://www.woot.com/plus/ibuypower-gaming-pcs-4

Thats insane!!!??

lolotravels

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lolotravels

I'm with rickraus...wooting for a couple years and desperate for my first Bandolier of Carrots Two questions:

1. Are these carrot thingies appearing on the images of items in the woot-offs or are they embedded in the individual items that will be coming up as part of the new sales at 9 am CST?

2. If they're embedded in the new sales, do we need to click through to each separate item to see them?

Thanks!

mandren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mandren
rickraus wrote:Can someone PLEASE explain to me what I have to do for a bag? I have been following this woot off since the begging and I just want a CHANCE at getting a bag. I dont understand where it is or what I have to do. Ive been a member for 3+ years now without one. It would help if I knew what to look for!!!

1) Be at the right place at the right time.

2) Have the right internet connection (if you're on a laptop with w WIFI connection, you're probably SOL, hard line that sucker. Phones seem to do better tho, strangely enough) Unless its a puzzle-type Bandolier of Carrots and everyone clicks at the same time, it really comes down to this mostly.

3) Be physically located in the right area of the country (Certain areas of the country get the web pages earlier than others, some conenctions seem to mitigate this issue, some woot-tracker sites also can get you the web page updates faster than WOOT can typically)

GreatGazoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GreatGazoo
blainetallons wrote:Step 1. Find a leprechaun and steal their 4 leaf clover. You WILL need the luck.

As explained a few posts up, that was left over from earlier this week and is not a part of this particular "contest" to get other people's crap.

rickraus

I joined july 2009. 0 Bags of amazingness...

blainetallons

GreatGazoo wrote:As explained a few posts up, that was left over from earlier this week and is not a part of this particular "contest" to get other people's crap.

yeah sorry about that, I hadn't refreshed the page when I wrote that.

Either way though, it really is luck of finding it/being in the right place to see the link at the right time.

rickraus

Literally they just expect people to click around the website mindlessly until you find one AT THE RIGHT TIME? I mean this is border line mental crazy? Its not even a scavenger hunt that point. /rant I think Im done good luck to you all the past 32 hours were SOOOO much fun

nmaines

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nmaines
mandren wrote:No offense TT, but a lot of that can probably be attributed to killing the community, and trying so hard the apst few years to "spread the wealth" on Bandolier of Carrots.

Years ago, people would flock to the forums to post anything and everything. Now lately with posts being removed, etc, people just dont do it like they used to, the sense of community left. Used to be during a woot-off, each item would have pages of posts, now you're lucky if theres anything apst woot bot. So when you get more Bandolier of Carrots to newer wooters, they just dont realize what they should do with it, because there hasnt really been a community for them to join.

Also, most of the Bandolier of Carrots lately haven't been linked in through the "community" area, some people may just not know how to get to the "hidden" posts for those Bandolier of Carrots to post.

Mandren nailed it! Thanks for stating what the rest of us were thinking.

BelyndaG

quality posts: 19 Private Messages BelyndaG
mikemiracle wrote:Lot's of people reported in after you shafted them on the kids woot random bags:
http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5550993

If you knew much about customers you'd know that you only hear from them when they're unhappy.
If you need your ego stroked then maybe you need to work at a petting zoo or bathe the elderly. Never too late for a career change.

Seriously? You read TT's post and saw it as a need to have her ego stroked? Try again. She clearly (and correctly) pointed out that a major part of the fun is reading the posts anticipating receipt of the Bandolier of Carrots and then the posts/pix/videos about what people receive. For those who don't score a Bandolier of Carrots it is the only thrill in the deal.

Thanks for the reminder, TT. Hopefully more folks will remember to share the joy here. I'm not even in the running as I'm on the road trying to check in occasionally on my phone, so I look forward to seeing what the lucky folks get in these crappiest of crap bags.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud
rickraus wrote:I joined july 2009. 0 Bags of amazingness...

I joined in 2007, I've had at least 3 Bandolier of Carrots, but maybe more. My experience is it is fun to anticipate, but I've not really gotten anything great out of them. For the price, the gamble is worth it. Work on your timing and you will one day get lucky.

rickraus wrote:Literally they just expect people to click around the website mindlessly until you find one AT THE RIGHT TIME? I mean this is border line mental crazy? Its not even a scavenger hunt that point. /rant I think Im done good luck to you all the past 32 hours were SOOOO much fun

No they expect people to refresh when the countdown gets to a low percentage. They expect you to pay attention to woot off and put off everything else in life. They expect your F5 key to be broken by the end of the woot off and for you to buy a new keyboard from them! At least that is what they used to expect.

There are a lot of whiners here, frankly I rarely put the effort into these games to hunt down a Bandolier of Carrots because I don't have the time. Of course in the old days you would mash the F5 key and get a server not responding error Sometimes you were lucky, usually you were not. The Bandolier of Carrots is a major award and not everyone gets one, that is what makes it special. Quite your whining and buy the junk on the main woot off to get the next product up.

(To be fair, I do agree with the comment about the community not being what it used to be. I can remember spending a full day on a woot off bouncing between comments of full of pole vaulting, walrus, and kitty pictures and jellyfish_com. The good fun days, oh how I miss them. But things change and it is what it is.)

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mikemiracle wrote:Lot's of people reported in after you shafted them on the kids woot random bags:
http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5550993

If you knew much about customers you'd know that you only hear from them when they're unhappy.
If you need your ego stroked then maybe you need to work at a petting zoo or bathe the elderly. Never too late for a career change.

Geez, did that make you feel better?

The kids thing wasn't a bag. It was clearly stated to be ONE ITEM, over and over again in the sale.

I'm not asking you to buy a bag. Feel free to skip it and leave it for someone who wants it.

But for those of you that do like playing along and realize that we're doing it different ways to foil the autobuy bots, please share the fun with the rest of the community.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

mandren wrote:No offense TT, but a lot of that can probably be attributed to killing the community, and trying so hard the apst few years to "spread the wealth" on Bandolier of Carrots.

Yep, we're not blind to the fact that the community is much smaller. Some was the new site design, some is that we're not the only deal site in town anymore.

We're working on revitalizing the community but we need your help. Share the fun.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

stephmusa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephmusa

I've been trying to buy a Badgers or Chipmunks for over a year. Can't find them this time.

foxtrot21212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foxtrot21212

Scouring the site, but cannot find it yet! :D

Any clues or hints? :P

cutier33

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cutier33

Is the site just crawling for everyone else or just me? I don't have time to search out the Bandolier of Carrots if it is going to take over a minute just to load any page.

In the amount of time it took me to type this, the page I am on, still isn't fully loaded - Ugh!

foxtrot21212

cutier33 wrote:Is the site just crawling for everyone else or just me? I don't have time to search out the Bandolier of Carrots if it is going to take over a minute just to load any page.

In the amount of time it took me to type this, the page I am on, still isn't fully loaded - Ugh!

That might be just local to you. The site is loading fine for me as I am still trying to find the hidden Bandolier of Carrots lol

mrfishwhiskers

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mrfishwhiskers

I like my chili dogs with cheese.

dawgpile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawgpile

Just curious. When was the last Badgers or Chipmunks. Been buting from woot since 2007 and nabbed 4 of them over the years, but it seemed like lately there haven't really been any.

Never Drink Alone, Unless You're Alone. Hook 'Em

amoraluv

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amoraluv

found a Bandolier of Carrots but it was sold out

ThunderThighs

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:The picture of the item will feature a link to the crap. You never know when it will come up.

edit: This was the first one:

FORUM MODERATOR

foxtrot21212

amoraluv wrote:found a Bandolier of Carrots but it was sold out

Awe. Where at ? I must need more caffeine...

amoraluv

foxtrot21212 wrote:Awe. Where at ? I must need more caffeine...

under the computers

justjking

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justjking
amoraluv wrote:under the computers

That's from the other day.

amoraluv

justjking wrote:That's from the other day.

yeah it says wensday

Dissonance

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Dissonance
ThunderThighs wrote:Yep, we're not blind to the fact that the community is much smaller. Some was the new site design, some is that we're not the only deal site in town anymore.

We're working on revitalizing the community but we need your help. Share the fun.

Well, I, for one, am definitely going to post pics of my Bugles of Custer. Who knows...maybe I'll even do an un-boxing video! (Probably not, but it could happen)

I like that this woot-off has multiple baggies when they do pop up. I'm fast, but I was never the fastest (at least it isn't like middle school...always getting picked last unless the kid with leg braces was there that day). It's also a way to beat the bots - always good thing!

People also forget what it is we're fighting over...CRAP!

I'll be honest, I've been a member for over 5 years and I've purchased several baggies (last one was over a year ago). The best item I've ever received was probably one of those little $15 R/C helicopters. Next would be a 8gb Sansa that was filled with music, but it was broken in a way that didn't let me add music. The item I had the most fun with was a bag of 85 Texas keychains. I was teaching at the time and handed them out to random students. It was fun!

Point is: This is all a game. The rules have changed over time, but it's still the same game. If you get picked last you can either try again or take your money and go home. If it isn't fun, don't play. There will still be plenty of us playing, hoping to see someone get a Roomba filled with broken electronic bits or a pallet of car wax.

Whoa...didn't start out meaning to rant on and on... Oh well.

Woot on!

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
justjking wrote:That's from the other day.

If you look at the sales stats, you'll see they sold some from that sale on Monday AND Wednesday this week. Very tricky, woot. The question is...will they sell any more from that listing before the plus deal expires? I have a webpage change monitor running to try to catch it if they do open it back up. (probably won't work)

joeychgo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeychgo
ThunderThighs wrote:Yep, we're not blind to the fact that the community is much smaller. Some was the new site design, some is that we're not the only deal site in town anymore.

And some of it is because you have all these silly ideas. Guess what, I don't take the time to buy something if I'm constantly refreshing looking to find a Bandolier of Carrots Your making it too hard and frustrating people.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Oddly enough, I already have a Mighty Ducks jersey. Weeiirrrd. Jeeze, looks like that one, too. All green-and-purpley.

slbowling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slbowling

been on woot for over 5 years and i gave up trying to get Bandolier of Carrots like 3 yrs ago. It used to be impossible with all bots and programs and now there is just too many people on the site...