Dissonance

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Dissonance
slbowling wrote:been on woot for over 5 years and i gave up trying to get Bandolier of Carrots like 3 yrs ago. It used to be impossible with all bots and programs and now there is just too many people on the site...

And in all that time THIS is your first post? And you've never bought ANYTHING? Dude.

Dissonance

One is up NOW. I typed in the address and it was still availible! GOGOGO!

1 minute later and gone...

kylecountryman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman

So close!

blainetallons

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blainetallons

Sold out.
instantly.

Any one know how many Candliers of Barrots are available with each link?

1, 10, 50, 100?

sarahkavitski

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sarahkavitski

Noooooooo, so close!

justjking

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justjking

Woo(t), just got my first one!

Notin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Notin

I got it in to the cart, but was too slow getting my password in! argh! Guess I'll have to try again later.

reom76

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reom76

aaaand it's gone. These are going quick.

This may be a dunce question, but is there any way to copy the bitly or do you pretty much have to free hand type it in another window?

thecooley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecooley

Goshdarnit - I specifically signed out and back in beforehand to be sure I got one. Still had to put in my password. Sold out after I got it in the cart.

Next time, Woot..... next time.....

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

edit: I got one, B-T-Dubs! I'll just take this one that has the xbox 360 and beer bong in it:

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

Yay, I got one! Looking forward to getting some mismatched socks and broken knick-knacks!

Insert signature here.

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

Just got one!!!

cinoclav

quality posts: 220 Private Messages cinoclav
reom76 wrote:aaaand it's gone. These are going quick.

This may be a dunce question, but is there any way to copy the bitly or do you pretty much have to free hand type it in another window?

Type it... It's embedded as an image so the only thing you're going to copy is the link to the product page or the image itself.

amoraluv

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amoraluv

dag missed it cause you have to put all letteras in caps

joeychgo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeychgo

another waste of time - I hate this and am really growing to hate woot

james_hardiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages james_hardiman

Swing and a miss for me. Oh well.

06vmi06

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 06vmi06

crap i did not know it was case sensitive

renrutnairbwoot

Typing it in the same window will save you some time.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

YES! Was able to score a coveted bag this round. I haven't left the computer since the first one just after midnight. Now it's time for work. lol

Stayed up all night, but I HAVE IT!!

(I read your posts before, TT, I'm also guilty of not posting my goodies last time, I promise to post my goodies the day it comes in.)

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

Tank41683

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tank41683
joeychgo wrote:another waste of time - I hate this and am really growing to hate woot

yea screwed me up too, hate that it has to be exact

lastdeadmouse518

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lastdeadmouse518

Got the last one in my cart, didn't check out fast enough.

Dissonance

A couple of tricks that might help.

1. Every 10 minutes or so, click on the "Your Account" link and make sure you're logged in. Woot will log you out after a period of no interaction (refreshing the main page doesn't count).
2. Have a second browser page open with the http://bit.ly/ already in the url line - then you just have to add the rest.
3. Obviously, if you enjoy a dual monitor setup, things are easier, but you can setup two browser windows on one desktop for the same effect.
4. When the I Want One button starts blinking, mash the heck outta your F5 key!
5. Practice some form of voodoo/witchcraft to get an edge on the competition.

Good Luck!

dandolinsky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dandolinsky

So is this instead of the usual Bandolier of Carrots Or is there going to be a regular one as well?

joeychgo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeychgo
Dissonance wrote:A couple of tricks that might help.

1. Every 10 minutes or so, click on the "Your Account" link and make sure you're logged in. Woot will log you out after a period of no interaction (refreshing the main page doesn't count).
2. Have a second browser page open with the http://bit/ly/ already in the url line - then you just have to add the rest.
3. Obviously, if you enjoy a dual monitor setup, things are easier, but you can setup two browser windows on one desktop for the same effect.
4. When the I Want One button starts blinking, mash the heck outta your F5 key!
5. Practice some form of voodoo/witchcraft to get an edge on the competition.

Good Luck!

I got an easier way.... visit ebay.com

Dissonance

joeychgo wrote:I got an easier way.... visit ebay.com

But then you know what you're getting. That's no fun! ;)

abitterwoman

quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman

It's been a while since I've been back for a Woot off. Busy, busy! But this is too good to miss. I love the Woot staff and having some of their useless crap would be epic. Now lets see if I can snag a bag today :D

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

bsmith1

I suppose you could write a program that would perform an OCR on all images on the page then have an extension linkify the text for you to make it clickable. Seems like a lot of work though. ;)
The reason the links are part of the images is to prevent quick copy/pasters, bots, and browser add-ons from giving people the upper-hand. (like last time)

bsmith1

joeychgo wrote:another waste of time - I hate this and am really growing to hate woot

renrutnairbwoot

mrfishwhiskers wrote:If I get TT's used Penguin Messager you better believe I'll post.....

I was really hoping to see a response from TT about this.

Maybe you offended her...or she isn't ready to give it up yet...or you ruined the surprise. Who knows!?!?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

renrutnairbwoot wrote:I was really hoping to see a response from TT about this.

Maybe you offended her...or she isn't ready to give it up yet...or you ruined the surprise. Who knows!?!?

It was early and the only thing I could think of was:

and YAY for posting.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wollern

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wollern
Dissonance wrote:
2. Have a second browser page open with the http://bit.ly/ already in the url line - then you just have to add the rest.

That's a really helpful tip until they change it to a tinyurl or any other of those cockamamie web address shorteners...just sayin'.

shanejhn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shanejhn

Just logged on.. how many links have they posted?

Notin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Notin
shanejhn wrote:Just logged on.. how many links have they posted?

ger16

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ger16
amoraluv wrote:dag missed it cause you have to put all letteras in caps

I'm not sure you have that right; these are case sensitive and one had a lower case o, not a 0.

06vmi06

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 06vmi06
ger16 wrote:I'm not sure you have that right; these are case sensitive and one had a lower case o, not a 0.

darn caps lock

i work in caps alot and i missed it cause i did type mine in all caps....boooooo

srees

quality posts: 9 Private Messages srees

Forgive me for my reminiscence...

So the BEST thing about Bandolier of Carrots#39;s from bygone years was the awesome stuff threepiecewoot would do for a few random purchasers - and reading about it in the forums. I clearly remember the fellow who got a brand-new laptop and projector - nice ones, not budget/entry level. Or the poor soul who got a truck-load of action figures, LOL! Or the fellow who got two large flat screen TVs...

I don't spend much time on Woot! anymore, but am curious if this still happens routinely as before, or if it really is all as craptastic as my last few bags were. I've had 11 Bandolier of Carrots#39;s over the last 7 years, and since the Amazon buyout they have been significantly degraded in quality. It wasn't worth posting in the forums because it was the same useless I like turtles! everyone else got. And it certainly hasn't been worth hunting for them anymore.

@ThunderThighs - a pack of custom playing cards simply doesn't bring the excitement to the forums that the huge stuff from bygone years did. You guys need to put *freaking awesome* things in a few bags each time again.

It used to be so simple. I much prefer the old deal-a-day, not the current full-on 'Walmart' store with more or less featured items. There's Amazon for that. It used to take me just a moment to see what Woot! had for sale for the day. Browsing through the site to look for Bandolier of Carrots tags though just took me 15 minutes. Forget it.

How can something be better than nothing if nothing is perfect?

I can haz badgez finally after 12 Bungled Original Communicator

mandren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mandren

Well, looks like im hosed on these. The Bandolier of Carrots info doesnt show on the product page,, only the woot home page. Unfortunately, on the east coast the home pages wont update until well after its gone. Usually i can get around it by going from the community page directly to the prouct page, but the "special" image doesnt show on there. Too bad. GL everyone

skemmis

quality posts: 15 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

srees wrote:Forgive me for my reminiscence...

So the BEST thing about Bandolier of Carrots#39;s from bygone years was the awesome stuff threepiecewoot would do for a few random purchasers - and reading about it in the forums. I clearly remember the fellow who got a brand-new laptop and projector - nice ones, not budget/entry level. Or the poor soul who got a truck-load of action figures, LOL! Or the fellow who got two large flat screen TVs...

I don't spend much time on Woot! anymore, but am curious if this still happens routinely as before, or if it really is all as craptastic as my last few bags were. I've had 11 Bandolier of Carrots#39;s over the last 7 years, and since the Amazon buyout they have been significantly degraded in quality. It wasn't worth posting in the forums because it was the same useless I like turtles! everyone else got. And it certainly hasn't been worth hunting for them anymore.

@ThunderThighs - a pack of custom playing cards simply doesn't bring the excitement to the forums that the huge stuff from bygone years did. You guys need to put *freaking awesome* things in a few bags each time again.

It used to be so simple. I much prefer the old deal-a-day, not the current full-on 'Walmart' store with more or less featured items. There's Amazon for that. It used to take me just a moment to see what Woot! had for sale for the day. Browsing through the site to look for Bandolier of Carrots tags though just took me 15 minutes. Forget it.

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5564913

^ two days ago ;)

n0816

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n0816

Have you seen this from earlier in the week?

skemmis

quality posts: 15 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5564913

^ two days ago ;)