reom76


quality posts: 1 Private Messages reom76
ciozszmloes wrote:I am lost, where have the addresses been located? But I only just walked in on this a few minutes ago.



When a new item pops up on the main Woot page, it may have a small "Bags of Our Crap" sign with a bitly address on it. The sign shows up on the item image. The bitly isn't a link, so you have to type it in quickly to be taken to the Bandolier of Carrots page.

barkwoot


quality posts: 113 Private Messages barkwoot
ciozszmloes wrote:I am lost, where have the addresses been located? But I only just walked in on this a few minutes ago.



Look for a bit.ly URL on the product's picture on the main woot page.




bmxjimp


quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp
ciozszmloes wrote:I am lost, where have the addresses been located? But I only just walked in on this a few minutes ago.



I'm with you. I haven't seen one all day. I saw someone else's post saying the links are only showing up on the main page, not the item page.


My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

06vmi06


quality posts: 1 Private Messages 06vmi06


only 3 min till the end of the day where is woot #6

06vmi06


quality posts: 1 Private Messages 06vmi06

let me reefers that it has now passed indigent and no 6th Bandolier of Carrots

rwoodruff


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwoodruff

Nope, 56 minutes left. Different time zone and all.

reom76


quality posts: 1 Private Messages reom76

Finally got one on my fifth try of the day!

06vmi06


quality posts: 1 Private Messages 06vmi06

all bleeping day for nothing not even a chance


i HATE the new way Badgers or Chipmunks are done


i have had my fill of woot for a few months if i dont know its on sale i wont miss it... done with thi site for a while

lizlizzardarcuri


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizlizzardarcuri

I'm a bit confused...where exactly do we look for the link for the crap-bags? (when they are posted/available) top of the page? bottom? in the middle? within an image? will it have it's own "section"? And is there a way to set up notifications for them?

teddyteddy21


quality posts: 1 Private Messages teddyteddy21

All I had to do was click 'place your order'. One click. Just one click. *sigh*


12/10/2013

lucky7slw


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucky7slw

ahhhhhhh, jackpot

Stephen

youtookmyactualname


quality posts: 1 Private Messages youtookmyactualname

Well I got one. It looks like I was the last one to get it. I've never gotten one before, so I'm excited.

thaliasta


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thaliasta

Stupid Woot. I would've had that one, but it made me re-enter my password.

06vmi06


quality posts: 1 Private Messages 06vmi06
lizlizzardarcuri wrote:I'm a bit confused...where exactly do we look for the link for the crap-bags? (when they are posted/available) top of the page? bottom? in the middle? within an image? will it have it's own "section"? And is there a way to set up notifications for them?



you had to manage to type in the bit.ly address shown in the immage before anyone and checkout


rwoodruff


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwoodruff

Wait listed and denied. Crappy school internet ruins everything

teddyteddy21


quality posts: 1 Private Messages teddyteddy21

It's done. Just look into the details for the next one or something.

lizlizzardarcuri wrote:I'm a bit confused...where exactly do we look for the link for the crap-bags? (when they are posted/available) top of the page? bottom? in the middle? within an image? will it have it's own "section"? And is there a way to set up notifications for them?




12/10/2013

anothergadget


quality posts: 1 Private Messages anothergadget

Bandolier of Carrots fail #1. DAMN!

thumperchick


quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick

I scored a bag!!

TT - You know I'm good for a pic or 3.

dee96789


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dee96789

TWICE it was in cart, checked out, wait listed, and denied! Sigh... missed out this time. Keep hoping I type fast enough... sigh... load of c***

teddyteddy21


quality posts: 1 Private Messages teddyteddy21

Btw, cleverly done, staff. I noticed the last sale going down by six percent incrementally. Pretty big tip-off.


12/10/2013

06vmi06


quality posts: 1 Private Messages 06vmi06

Not to mention if your on a tablet as your internet your way SOL no way at all to compete with a hard wired connection on a desktop

kyletrueman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyletrueman

Second time I've ever been able to get it into my cart, and the second time it's been sold out before I can check out. :/

wasell


quality posts: 10 Private Messages wasell

Well, I got my crap. Not really excited. Would love it if there was some chance that I might get a flat screen TV. But alas, this crap has crap written all over it.
Edit: And I promise to post what I get, however Crappy.
Thanks TT, Sam, and Wood Staffers!

jon98gn


quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

Wife has me at Lowe's because I didn't buy the sink. I was trying to group ship and since she had me going back and forth I barely missed the bag as well as the sink. Congrats everyone.

\

thaliasta


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thaliasta

I think I am going to dub even trying to ever get one of these again the Burden of Cthulu and just move on...

rwoodruff


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwoodruff
wasell wrote:Well, I got my crap. Not really excited. Would love it if there was some chance that I might get a flat screen TV. But alas, this crap has crap written all over it.



I'd love to take that crap off your hands.

wpolyak


quality posts: 5 Private Messages wpolyak

I've spent all day looking for these mystical links that I could never seem to see, just to realize the images on the mobile site didn't have the bit.ly links. FML

lolotravels


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lolotravels
wasell wrote:Well, I got my crap. Not really excited. Would love it if there was some chance that I might get a flat screen TV. But alas, this crap has crap written all over it.



At the very least, celebrate your crap! Some of us have been at this all bloody day and don't have crap to show for it....

teddyteddy21


quality posts: 1 Private Messages teddyteddy21

I'll say. My day has more than the usual amount of blood. Badgers or Chipmunks.

lolotravels wrote:At the very least, celebrate your crap! Some of us have been at this all bloody day and don't have crap to show for it....




12/10/2013

teddyteddy21


quality posts: 1 Private Messages teddyteddy21

Something just occurred to me. What qualifies as a 'batch' of Badgers or Chipmunks?


12/10/2013

bmxjimp


quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp

I finally figured out why I haven't been seeing any of the links... The mobile Woot site doesn't show the link, only the product photo. :-/ Only the full Woot site is playing the game. Oh, well.


My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

renrutnairbwoot


quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
bmxjimp wrote:I finally figured out why I haven't been seeing any of the links... The mobile Woot site doesn't show the link, only the product photo. :-/ Only the full Woot site is playing the game. Oh, well.



You are correct. My iPod Touch didn't show the links. However, both the iPad and laptop showed the links.

KevinatWoot


quality posts: 18 Private Messages KevinatWoot
ThunderThighs wrote: IMPORTANT

READ THIS!!!!!

Guys, part of the fun of the BOCs is reading what you got. Wooters like reading it and we like reading it.

So rule #1 is to come back and post lists AND pics of what you get. Or videos. Or drawings. Just report back!

The last few sales have been disappointing for me personally. I sent out 20 packs of custom playing cards and one person reported in. Last month, I went shopping for items. I wrapped about 10 items and included handwritten notes. One reported in.

Please, you need to do your part. Share the fun with others. Don't just take the loot and run.

Thanks!



Good ol' fashion Woot Guilt!

It's not much of a marketing tool when it doesn't make it in the spotlight and crash the servers.

Maybe, just maybe; the Badgers or Chipmunks isn't effective as it used to be?

mlsapack


quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack
wasell wrote:Well, I got my crap. Not really excited. Would love it if there was some chance that I might get a flat screen TV. But alas, this crap has crap written all over it.



The process and anticipation is always most of the fun! Just enjoy the ride and let the chips fall where they may. The Woot folks have always been more than generous. Maybe they have some really cool stuff at home that they want to get rid of! Then again......maybe not.

At any rate, be sure to post your haul, everyone!

mc97


quality posts: 7 Private Messages mc97

"Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in."

Thanks to Woot for reinventing the way Buckets of Cherries are sold and allowing the common user a fair chance once again to get their hands on a box full of junk with (hopefully) the obligatory bag included. I felt burned, mostly by the price, of the recent "Random Kids Stuff" sale, but I think I'm back on the Woot train now. I hope new (or even not so new) users aren't discouraged if they couldn't get one this go around...the odds aren't in your favor:

Joined Woot - 9/25/05
First Crap - 12/25/07
Next Crap - 9/26/13

If you want to know why these sales are so popular, just check out what some people received for $8 in the pre-Amazon days: http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3313896&PageIndex=204&ReplyCount=8968#post3350287
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3313896&PageIndex=189&ReplyCount=8968#post3340627
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3313896&PageIndex=217&ReplyCount=8968#post3358081

Coogles


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Coogles

Managed to snag one yesterday evening! I'm hoping that some Woot! employee had an old Bugatti Veyron they wanted to get rid of.

renrutnairbwoot


quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
Coogles wrote:Managed to snag one yesterday evening! I'm hoping that some Woot! employee had an old Bugatti Veyron they wanted to get rid of.



It would be funny if they had an old junker car that they wanted to get rid of.

bsmith1


quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
ThunderThighs wrote: IMPORTANT

READ THIS!!!!!

Guys, part of the fun of the BOCs is reading what you got. Wooters like reading it and we like reading it.

So rule #1 is to come back and post lists AND pics of what you get. Or videos. Or drawings. Just report back!

The last few sales have been disappointing for me personally....



When the Bandolier of Carrots sales are spread-out like this, it makes it harder to know/find where to post your results. It would be nice if there was a "discuss this" link on each Bandolier of Carrots sale page that pointed back to this thread. That way, I can go to my order history, click the item, then click the discuss this button to find where I'm suppose to post results. The way it is now, I will have to page through the Blog tab (could be buried by the time I get my crap) or do a google search for site:woot.com "bags of our crap" to find this thread. I'm just saying there would probably be more participation in posting the contents if the thread was easier to find and directly associated to the item purchased.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:When the Bandolier of Carrots sales are spread-out like this, it makes it harder to know/find where to post your results. It would be nice if there was a "discuss this" link on each Bandolier of Carrots sale page that pointed back to this thread. That way, I can go to my order history, click the item, then click the discuss this button to find where I'm suppose to post results. The way it is now, I will have to page through the Blog tab (could be buried by the time I get my crap) or do a google search for site:woot.com "bags of our crap" to find this thread. I'm just saying there would probably be more participation in posting the contents if the thread was easier to find and directly associated to the item purchased.

Yeah, that's definitely a hitch we need to work on. For this batch of craps, this would be the thread to come back and post.

I can't wait to see some photos and photo pet bombs. Kitties love woot boxes.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jsh139


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

Order status is "Shipping Now". Guess they're going to try and get these out before the weekend? Nice!

Insert signature here.