WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pyle 720p HD Sport Action Cam

Speed to First Woot:
3m 37.334s
First Sucker:
thegbees
Last Wooter to Woot:
dougredd
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 25% of Woot.com Woots
Top 8% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 12% of Woot.com Woots
Top 8% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 10% first woot
  • 5% second woot
  • 25% < 10 woots
  • 26% < 25 woots
  • 34% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 7% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 9% one year old
  • 81% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 86% bought 1
  • 9% bought 2
  • 5% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
35%
51%
13%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme


quality posts: 2940 Private Messages lichme

treyj86


quality posts: 2 Private Messages treyj86

I bought this one in the last woot-off and I have only one complaint about it. If you are in a low light situation this camera has no performance. In the daylight this camera takes beautiful video and I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to spend the money dollars on the more expensive name-brand action camera.

mdrcoast


quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

Got one last Woot Off... Hate to say it would lock up after taking about 4 pictures and video. Had to wait for the battery to drain to get it to respond. Woot Service didn't have any to replace so they are going to issue a refund so there is really no risk and I think I was the exception rather than the rule, but I think I am going to go ahead and look into a GoPro.

Kenmaira


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kenmaira

I honestly expected a Bandolier of Carrots in the screen of the first picture

bsmith1


quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
Kenmaira wrote:I honestly expected a Bandolier of Carrots in the screen of the first picture



Well, at least you're being honest.

rickrcomm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickrcomm

Does it stream live video out the USB connection like the GoPro? I.e., could it use it for RC First Person View?

mdrcoast


quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast
mdrcoast wrote:Got one last Woot Off... Hate to say it would lock up after taking about 4 pictures and video. Had to wait for the battery to drain to get it to respond. Woot Service didn't have any to replace so they are going to issue a refund so there is really no risk and I think I was the exception rather than the rule, but I think I am going to go ahead and look into a GoPro.



Just checked and my refund has been credited. Woot Service rocks. This is my first time dealing with this kind of issue and WOW, quick response and resolution!

tugnutt831


quality posts: 5 Private Messages tugnutt831

Anyone know what depth the waterproof case is rated to?

Basket of Cranberries Count to Date: 18

jking89


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jking89
mdrcoast wrote:Got one last Woot Off... Hate to say it would lock up after taking about 4 pictures and video. Had to wait for the battery to drain to get it to respond. Woot Service didn't have any to replace so they are going to issue a refund so there is really no risk and I think I was the exception rather than the rule, but I think I am going to go ahead and look into a GoPro.



This looks the same as the Emerson ActionCam, and sounds like the same problem. The solution is to only use a Class 4 or 5 card in it. Anything else and it will do what you are describing.

bobbyb0322


quality posts: 5 Private Messages bobbyb0322

GoPro is the only way to go.

Jayhovah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jayhovah

Anyone know how long the battery will last recording video?

Would like something that could record for about an hour straight.

kmakahikm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmakahikm

I bought this the last time it came out and I have a quick reaction review on PointsMatter.com. Check it out.

http://tinyurl.com/mrvoom2

mdrcoast


quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast
jking89 wrote:This looks the same as the Emerson ActionCam, and sounds like the same problem. The solution is to only use a Class 4 or 5 card in it. Anything else and it will do what you are describing.



Was using Class 3 I believe..Good to know.

teenmonk1977


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teenmonk1977

I bought 2 of these at the last Woot! off event.

Sample video can be seen on my YouTube channel:
www.YouTube.com/teenmonk

In DayLight, the camera takes blurry shaky video. In LowLight, the camera takes very dark blurry shaky video.

I have tested the camera with it mounted on my car window, electric scooter handlebar, and also in both day and low light.

The camera is pretty bad!!

I ended up buying the new Sony ActionCam with GPS. Sample videos of that can also be found on my YouTube channel.

My recommendation is to NOT buy this camera. Not worth it.

bsmith1


quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

Dear woot,
I fixed your image for you.
before

after

Now you can use this and they'll never know.
Kindest regards,
bsmith1

shawnlee43


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawnlee43

Purchased during last Woot. Worked great for a walk with the dogs. Put it on the jet ski handlebar and drove maybe a foot before the screen went horizontal lines on me. Same deal as previous comment, it would not respond. Had to wait for the battery to drain to turn it off. Issue persisted. Cost me $15 to send it back to Pyle, who's email support was average at best. They sent me a new one fairly quick which is still sitting on my desk, likely awaiting a trip to eBay. Lost Memorial Day weekend memories because it was junk.

boomn4x4


quality posts: 13 Private Messages boomn4x4

I have this camera, its a fun buy at $40. Works fine. But the listed retail price is ridiculous... no way they could sell this camera for that price. There is nothing "rugged" about the camera at all, it is a super cheap junk camera, something you would expect to get out of a mega claw arcade machine. Its the housing that it goes in that would be considered rugged. I've used it under water so far to about 4', stayed dry.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

dgraham28


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgraham28
teenmonk1977 wrote:I bought 2 of these at the last Woot! off event.

Sample video can be seen on my YouTube channel:
www.YouTube.com/teenmonk

In DayLight, the camera takes blurry shaky video. In LowLight, the camera takes very dark blurry shaky video.

I have tested the camera with it mounted on my car window, electric scooter handlebar, and also in both day and low light.

The camera is pretty bad!!

I ended up buying the new Sony ActionCam with GPS. Sample videos of that can also be found on my YouTube channel.

My recommendation is to NOT buy this camera. Not worth it.



So, you mounted the camera to a rigid suspension scooter rode down bad roads/gravel and expected it to take a steady picture? Lets not even mention that you did not record in 720. Then it looked like you had a seizure while lowering the cam in to the water.

Besides, what do you expect for $40?

pitamuffin


quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

Dear bsmith1,

What did you fix? I feel like I'm checking out one of those "find the difference" puzzles but I can't find the difference.

Sincerely,

pita

jpeast


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpeast

Does this camera have time lapse photos? Can you say take a picture ever few minutes?

teenmonk1977


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teenmonk1977
jpeast wrote:Does this camera have time lapse photos? Can you say take a picture ever few minutes?



No

bsmith1


quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
pitamuffin wrote:Dear bsmith1,

What did you fix? I feel like I'm checking out one of those "find the difference" puzzles but I can't find the difference.

Sincerely,

pita



Check the viewfinder/screen of the camera in the pic.

Lisabeybi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lisabeybi

All I want is something to take pictures in the water on my next cruise. Can I use the waterproof case without the mounting stuffs?

pitamuffin


quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin
bsmith1 wrote:Check the viewfinder/screen of the camera in the pic.



Aha! I always sucked at those puzzles.

daverrod


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daverrod
pitamuffin wrote:Dear bsmith1,

What did you fix? I feel like I'm checking out one of those "find the difference" puzzles but I can't find the difference.

Sincerely,

pita



Look at the LCD. He only fixed 50% of the problem though.

elesjuan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages elesjuan

Specs look identical to the GearPRO from the last Wootoff. Quality of the GearPro Sucks. Video and audio out of sync, picture quality just bad. Don't recommend.

pitamuffin


quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin
daverrod wrote:Look at the LCD. He only fixed 50% of the problem though.



Aha again!

Radical12


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Radical12

In the original photo, compare the skydiver wearing the white helmet in the original photo and the "camera image". Do the same with the fixed photo. Notice something added??

pitamuffin wrote:Dear bsmith1,

What did you fix? I feel like I'm checking out one of those "find the difference" puzzles but I can't find the difference.

Sincerely,

pita



teenmonk1977


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teenmonk1977
dgraham28 wrote:So, you mounted the camera to a rigid suspension scooter rode down bad roads/gravel and expected it to take a steady picture? Lets not even mention that you did not record in 720. Then it looked like you had a seizure while lowering the cam in to the water.

Besides, what do you expect for $40?




All my videos were shot at 720p. YouTube displays the video at a low resolution by default. To enjoy the crappy video footage at 720p, you have to change the resolution.

Thekleaner1011


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Thekleaner1011
jking89 wrote:This looks the same as the Emerson ActionCam, and sounds like the same problem. The solution is to only use a Class 4 or 5 card in it. Anything else and it will do what you are describing.



I was able to go 7 shots before it locked up. I get bar of static across the lower half of the screen. First time it happened was using a 4gb class 4 Kingston msd, tried a SanDisk 16gb class 4 and got 30 shots before the same result. Maybe only class 5...

bsmith1


quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
daverrod wrote:Look at the LCD. He only fixed 50% of the problem though.



Ah, dang it... I didn't think that 2nd dude's head was in frame. Oh well, send me a check and I'll fix it again, woot.

gandecab


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gandecab

here's my video I posted last time. it's a simple camera good for basic stuff and for the kids. If you want high quality, use a GoPro or the like.



rondoooly


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rondoooly

Is this small enough to put on a dog collar?
I'd love to see what that bugger gets into while I'm out!

Thekleaner1011


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Thekleaner1011

Anyone know of a way to reset this camera, instead of letting the battery die?

Googled it but nothing and same for the useless manual...

teenmonk1977


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teenmonk1977
rondoooly wrote:Is this small enough to put on a dog collar?
I'd love to see what that bugger gets into while I'm out!



Battery last under an hour.

enigma350


quality posts: 0 Private Messages enigma350
Jayhovah wrote:Anyone know how long the battery will last recording video?

Would like something that could record for about an hour straight.



It lasts about 2 hours on battery while recording video in vehicle mode @720p

teenmonk1977


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teenmonk1977



This is a low light recording. Camera was mounted on my car window.

eleeyang


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eleeyang
bsmith1 wrote:Dear woot,
I fixed your image for you.
before

after

Now you can use this and they'll never know.
Kindest regards,
bsmith1



you forgot the black helmet in the middle.. do another update. LOL

I would never buy any PYLE product.

That WootDude

pturner3


quality posts: 4 Private Messages pturner3
bsmith1 wrote:Dear woot,
I fixed your image for you.
before

after

Now you can use this and they'll never know.
Kindest regards,
bsmith1



The 2nd dude has a helmet cam also. Plus it needs to be out of focus. All three of my Pyles are so out of focus you cant read a cars license plate 20 feet away. Got them from woot 2 weeks ago. Note, there is a small hole on the bottom of the unit between the power and memory card. Use a small straight pen without the point to reset the unit when it freezes.