quality posts: 3002 Private Messages lichme

Item: Four Panel Art Set - 6 Styles
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Jertyrael

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jertyrael

Wow, that Japanese Tree one is gorgeous. If I had the money I'd snag one in a heartbeat.

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze

I live in Big Sky Country and I have to say that picture sucks! Where's the mountains or the beautiful sunsets?

cargobroombroom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cargobroombroom

Is the size choice per panel or the whole image? i.e. Would each panel be 24x36?

fivexfive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fivexfive

Catching a Great Wave!

"Living in the pools, they soon forget about the sea."

TheStarsFan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheStarsFan

Size matters.

We really do need to know the dimensions for each panel. It makes a difference.

poslundc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poslundc

I don't know how expensive it would be to get canvas prints made of your own images, but the world map is just the Henricus Hondius world map, which you can Google high-res images of really easily.

rmfeinberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmfeinberg

This is tempting, but it looks like the company making these is called "Art Wall." Their reviews on a comparable product are less than favorable, saying it is a low-quality print.

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Wall-Japanese-Gallery-Wrapped/product-reviews/B008BSALZW/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

shaver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shaver

I regret not buying this the first time I saw them. I hope they look as good on my wall as they do on my laptop

-Chad

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

TheStarsFan wrote:Size matters.

We really do need to know the dimensions for each panel. It makes a difference.

cargobroombroom wrote:Is the size choice per panel or the whole image? i.e. Would each panel be 24x36?

We only offer two separate sizes in today's offer: you choose either the 26"x36" or the 36"x48" dimensions.

These dimensions would be "undivided" amongst the 4 sections, we advise the following:
Measurements of the 4-piece art sets do not include spaces between panels. The manufacturer recommends hanging the panels 2" apart.

If you do the math, each panel (26" x 36") would be split in 4's:
26x9 + 26x9 + 26x9 + 26x9
(similar math should be done for the 36"x48")

zarchitect

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zarchitect

That's kinda steep. Just print a high rez picture from your local reprographer on canvas for like $5/s.f and get the whole thing done for $60. Yea, you'll need to do some cutting and mounting on your own Home Depot 1x frame and come out about $50 cheaper minus your time but you'd get the feeling of accomplishment and truly whatever picture you want.

wtrew

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wtrew

Ouch! Looks like something to avoid -- just google the titles to see the (uniformly bad) reviews on other sites. For example, google the phrase "japanese tree by john black."

0x776F6F7421

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 0x776F6F7421
ROGETRAY wrote: The manufacturer recommends hanging the panels 2" apart.

Four panels have three spaces between them. See: fencepost error.

ivioo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ivioo
0x776F6F7421 wrote:Four panels have three spaces between them. See: fencepost error.

true true

But H x W .... not W x H?

Shut up and take my money...again

channing22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages channing22
rmfeinberg wrote:This is tempting, but it looks like the company making these is called "Art Wall." Their reviews on a comparable product are less than favorable, saying it is a low-quality print.

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Wall-Japanese-Gallery-Wrapped/product-reviews/B008BSALZW/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

If this truly is the Art Wall product, I can vehemently atest that the prints suck terribly. They are a pixilated and poor resolution photocopy stretched on a canvas.

The photo-turned-to-canvas that I just got in the mail is ten times the quality of the van goghs I received from Art Wall.

llars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llars
0x776F6F7421 wrote:Four panels have three spaces between them. See: fencepost error.

Sheesh, apparently basic math and reading are difficult to comprehend.

Special Note ~ Measurements of the 4-piece art sets do not include spaces between panels. The manufacturer recommends hanging the panels 2" apart.

gchung

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gchung
rmfeinberg wrote:This is tempting, but it looks like the company making these is called "Art Wall." Their reviews on a comparable product are less than favorable, saying it is a low-quality print.

This one got decent reviews...

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Wall-Katsushika-Hokusai-Kanagawa/dp/B008R52FK8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_6

Amazon also stocks the 3 panel ones which gets decent reviews as well.

dansprinkle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dansprinkle

How do you see all the pictures? I can only see the wave.

hcir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hcir
dansprinkle wrote:How do you see all the pictures? I can only see the wave.

Click on the thumbnails on the far right side.

dansprinkle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dansprinkle
hcir wrote:Click on the thumbnails on the far right side.

Thanks. I didn't realize I was able to scroll to the right.

mdewalle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdewalle

I hung this next to my original Van Gogh and the original is much better. Of course I had to saw the original in 4, but still, its better.

krausedavidh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krausedavidh

Special Note ~ Measurements of the 4-piece art sets do not include spaces between panels.

Anyone know where one can pick up a few 2" spaces? Surprised they don't come with the product.

Llabak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Llabak

Nothing to add other than the fact that the wave one was included in the Civilization game on Facebook. I jigsaw puzzled that one to death.

TnBill47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TnBill47

Everyone sees the "Great Wave". Some see the boats.

Few notice Mount Fuji in the distance, even though this woodblock print was one of a "36 Views of Mount Fuji" sequence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Wave_off_Kanagawa

First WOOT 10/4/04, Total WOOTs 250+ </smart>

Rustyh3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Rustyh3

Ugh

Wooters wake up!

If people didn't buy this stuff they wouldn't sell it on woot.

Oh wait.

Never mind.......

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM

True, but I'm not seeing the error. the total hanging area is 26" H x 42" W, that's all. (36+2+2+2=42)

36" H x 54" W for the larger size.

Can people not tell by looking that the piece is about a 3:4 ratio in shape (similar to old TV screen shape) and therefore those dimensions must refer to the whole thing, while individual panels are more like 3:1?

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12
KyserSoze wrote:I live in Big Sky Country and I have to say that picture sucks! Where's the mountains or the beautiful sunsets?

Well... with views like that ..... I suggest A picture of a crowded street corner with traffic backed up for miles with the smog hazing in the air and vast crowds of people... just for contrast

ftmyersbuc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ftmyersbuc

Off topic, but can anyone give me the link to the Badgers or Chipmunks thread from yesterday...I want to bookmark it. Even though I didn't score, I like to come back and find out what folks got!!!

[MOD: Here you go: Click Here]

Murphinator2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Murphinator2000

so am I missing something? Is it because it is a 4-panel split up that it costs more? A 36x48 Art Wall Starry Night over the Rhone is like $127 on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Wall-Vincent-Gallery-Wrapped/dp/B009QNKY8U

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Murphinator2000 wrote:so am I missing something? Is it because it is a 4-panel split up that it costs more? A 36x48 Art Wall Starry Night over the Rhone is like $127 on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Wall-Vincent-Gallery-Wrapped/dp/B009QNKY8U

Probably. More panels means more canvas (more edges to wrap) and more wood framing. And of course, a bit more labor.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

So are we good on the sizes?

24"H x 36"W means each panel is 9" wide. Allow about 42" for width with space between the panels.

36"H x 48"W means each panel is 12" wide. Allow about 54" for width with space between the panels.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SydneyCJ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SydneyCJ

Hokusai, correct?

Or is the Hokusa as Woot currently has it some sort of variant spelling?

[MOD: We'll get that fixed. Thanks. ]

artwall2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages artwall2
ROGETRAY wrote:We only offer two separate sizes in today's offer: you choose either the 26"x36" or the 36"x48" dimensions.

These dimensions would be "undivided" amongst the 4 sections, we advise the following:
Measurements of the 4-piece art sets do not include spaces between panels. The manufacturer recommends hanging the panels 2" apart.

(similar math should be done for the 36"x48")

Hey guys, I'm from the manufacturer, and would like to step in with a size correction:

There are two overall size choices; they are:
- 24 (not 26) inches high by 36 inches wide
-36 inches high by 48 inches wide

These sizes reflect the overall size of the piece without consideration to spacing. We recommend a 2 inch gap between each panel.

Each individual panel in the sets measures as follows:

-For the 24 by 36: each individual panel is 9 wide inches by 24 inches high.
-For the 36 by 48: each individual panel is 12 inches wide by 36 inches high.

I'll be here all day to address any questions!

Murphinator2000

I would be in for one but not sure on the return policy if I get the artwork and really am not happy with it. Sadly art is one of those things you need to see in person. Amazon reviews are a little varied so hard to tell. Outside of Woot!, is there a return policy for these? I'm guessing not.

BanditBBS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BanditBBS

I've purchased two previous products from them on Woot. I can't understand the negative reviews coming in, mine look awesome. I also had an issue with one of the panels(sent me the wrong one) and contacted Art Wall. They immediately took care of the issue and sent me the correct left side panel. I'd give quality of the prints a 5 out of 5 and customer service a 5 out of 5 as well.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Murphinator2000 wrote:I would be in for one but not sure on the return policy if I get the artwork and really am not happy with it. Sadly art is one of those things you need to see in person. Amazon reviews are a little varied so hard to tell. Outside of Woot!, is there a return policy for these? I'm guessing not.

Returns are described pretty well in our FAQ. Check the linked para and the next one.

FORUM MODERATOR

Murphinator2000

ThunderThighs wrote:Returns are described pretty well in our FAQ. Check the linked para and the next one.

I guess poor quality art would be considered "defective"? Not calling this art poor by any means this is in regards to the policy.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
Murphinator2000 wrote:I would be in for one but not sure on the return policy if I get the artwork and really am not happy with it. Sadly art is one of those things you need to see in person. Amazon reviews are a little varied so hard to tell. Outside of Woot!, is there a return policy for these? I'm guessing not.

good guess

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

QFT

quality posts: 3 Private Messages QFT
ThunderThighs wrote:Returns are described pretty well in our FAQ. Check the linked para and the next one.

Wow. "Yes, we know you think the item is bad, but it's probably your fault." Verbatim. And if you decide you don't like your item, our suggested return policy is "sell it on Craigslist." And if you need to talk to someone on the phone, it outright says "We're busy"

Is this a joke? Please tell me I've missed the joke. Because this is BOLDLY terrible.

With mixed reviews on this art, I guess you're right. It's my fault if I buy from Woot. Perhaps I'll avoid making that mistake in the future as well.