Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2680 Private Messages lichme

Item: Klipsch Noise Canceling Headphones
Price: $139.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
9/25/2013 - $139.99 (Woot-off) - 18 comment(s)
8/30/2013 - $139.99 - 17 comment(s)

phishneslo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages phishneslo

The "features" section says the crossovers are active, but the "specs" section says "Passive Cross-over Network"...

And those models' tiny heads make these look ginormous.

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe

OK My review from the ones I purchased last year around Christmas time from woot.

I purchased these because I wanted a sturdy pair of headphones (I was tired of the flimsy ones). It fit this need perfectly. But be warned these can fit tight if your head is big.

Sound: Seems great. I felt my first pair took about 40-50 hours of play before they sounded perfect. Highs seem good, mids seem good, wish there was a tad more bass.

Noise Cancelling: Only got to use these once on a plane. At first I didnt think they were doing much, but when the landing lights came on and they said to shut everything off I was amazed how much engine noise they were blocking.

Customer Service: Had two incidents with the headphones. The first, my cat ate the cord. Quick email to Klipsch and they sent me a new cord no questions asked. Second was a little more major. On that flight back the noise cancelling died. Even with new batteries nothing came on. Contacted klipsch a little outside the 90 day warranty and they sent me a new pair after I sent the first back.

Hope that helps. I am happy with them even though the first pair died. Another bonus on these over other noise cancelling headphones (Bose). If your battery dies the headphones still work.

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe
phishneslo wrote:The "features" section says the crossovers are active, but the "specs" section says "Passive Cross-over Network"...

And those models' tiny heads make these look ginormous.

I would imagine they are passive.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3142 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's check out the product page

conanthelibrarian

Check out this thorough review over at engadget.com

conanthelibrarian

Check out this review from digitaltrends.com

stevesds

quality posts: 18 Private Messages stevesds
conanthelibrarian wrote:Check out this thorough review over at engadget.com

Wow! Thanks for this review.
I'll stay the hell away from these headphones!

phishneslo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages phishneslo
DarkZrobe wrote:I would imagine they are passive.

Me too.

rtcheung

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rtcheung

I got these a while back off of woot for 150. They were technically refurbs,the box and everything was new and unopened, but I suppose that could be how factory refurbs repackage. Anyway, as for the sound I found that they are decent. By no means top quality but at this price not a bad deal.

They crackle quite a bit when going up to high volumes which bothers me, but at average volumes they sound good. I probably shouldn't be listening to music that load anyway, but sometimes I just gotta jam out. The noise cancelling is more like a sound booster. No real cancelling going on but the sound gets better, unless theres no music input in which case you get that static hum. I have a average hat size, and these were initially way too tight and especially bothersome with glasses on. I put them around a couch cushion for a few days and they fit much better now.

My biggest complaint is the actual cup size. I'm referring to the depth of it, my ears touches the grill infront of the speaker and after an hour or so becomes unbearable to wear. I have average size ears that don't stick out much so I would imagine others would have the same issue.

kellic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kellic

Maybe this time you guys can ship these damn things on time. Last time you had these up it took 2 weeks to get them because the order was canceled, then I get an e-mail that you'd get a reimbursement, and then it ships the day after my flight where I needed them.

Anyways. As others have mentioned the cups are pretty dang tight on the head. I ended up taking someone's advice and putting it on a sofa arm for a week and hitting the top of the headset with a hair dryer to heat it up every other day. It loosened things up enough to wear it without pinching the head.

turkeywoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turkeywoot

My question is about the warranty. They say these are new but the warranty is only 90 days from Klipsch. On Amazon, they show a 2-yr warranty for the same product. What gives? Are they really new or refurbs? Is the warranty on Amazon wrong?

[MOD: It should be a 2 year warranty. We'll update the sale asap.]

cjsutherland

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cjsutherland
stevesds wrote:Wow! Thanks for this review.

That review was conducted with the price being $350...even in the wrap up they state for THAT price etc. etc.

seifertb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seifertb

Tried to purchase these last time woot had them, but was told several days later after the order was confirmed "we don't have any." Pretty disappointed woot.com, pretty disappointed.

teedub57

quality posts: 3 Private Messages teedub57

I bought these last year and I love them. Incredible, clear highs and nice mid range. Bass is punchy but not dominant. I think I'm in the minority these days in that I prefer my bass that way. Noise cancelling is adequate, not bad, not great. Great price for fantastic sound.

I have a pretty big head (7 3/8 fitted cap) and these don't start to become uncomfortable until about the 3 to 4 hour mark.

sjtmbg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjtmbg

Bummer, I want to buy these but woot won't accept my Mastercard. When did woot stop using paypal?

jackietherussell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jackietherussell
teedub57 wrote:I bought these last year and I love them. Incredible, clear highs and nice mid range. Bass is punchy but not dominant. I think I'm in the minority these days in that I prefer my bass that way. Noise cancelling is adequate, not bad, not great. Great price for fantastic sound.

I have a pretty big head (7 3/8 fitted cap) and these don't start to become uncomfortable until about the 3 to 4 hour mark.

So...No good for international flights eh? That's when I need headphones the most.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

seifertb wrote:Tried to purchase these last time woot had them, but was told several days later after the order was confirmed "we don't have any." Pretty disappointed woot.com, pretty disappointed.

I'm sorry about that. This is inventory. We can hope that the inventory trolls don't strike twice, right?

sjtmbg wrote:Bummer, I want to buy these but woot won't accept my Mastercard. When did woot stop using paypal?

Is your MC getting denied? Most often it's due to the address on your Woot account not matching the address on your MC.

We limited PayPal use back in June.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sjtmbg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjtmbg
ThunderThighs wrote:Is your MC getting denied? Most often it's due to the address on your Woot account not matching the address on your MC.

Yes, MC denied. Shipping and billing addresses are the same and are the same as my MC address.

ThunderThighs wrote:
We limited PayPal use back in June.

Does limited mean stopped altogether or is there some way I can still use it? I never had this problem at all with paypal.

ikickedagirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ikickedagirl
stevesds wrote:Wow! Thanks for this review.

That really wasn't a bad review.

cabbie3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cabbie3
ikickedagirl wrote:That really wasn't a bad review.

I bought these from Woot last week with the need being an international flight tomorrow. They arrived Friday, so I have limited use. I used that review above to make my decision.

So far all the comments seem spot on. They feel "cheaper" than they "look". I'd feel pretty bad about paying $350.

My previous experience was 3 years with a set of Bose QC-3. Noise cancelling was excellent. Comfortable as well. I decided to try something else purely based on price. So far I'm happy with them at $158 shipped. They do feel a bit tight around the head but I will try the "put over a couch arm" thing before the flight.

The main benefit is the sound provided when the battery dies. The cups still provide a decent barrier against noise with no active noise cancellation.

So far I can't see how you'd go wrong from this brand at this price point.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

If you like Beats headphones you can save a lot of money by buying these and switching your computer or phone to a really crappy and distorted equalizer setting.

tombetz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tombetz

I've had these for a year and they remain an excellent Dr. Dre substitution. Be aware: They are tight and uncomfortable to wear for hours on end.

trojan372

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trojan372
kellic wrote:Maybe this time you guys can ship these damn things on time. Last time you had these up it took 2 weeks to get them because the order was canceled, then I get an e-mail that you'd get a reimbursement, and then it ships the day after my flight where I needed them.

Anyways. As others have mentioned the cups are pretty dang tight on the head. I ended up taking someone's advice and putting it on a sofa arm for a week and hitting the top of the headset with a hair dryer to heat it up every other day. It loosened things up enough to wear it without pinching the head.

I tried to get these earlier in the year (prior woot) and it got cancelled.

I'm glad, because I got the Audio Technica Quiet POint ATH-ANC7b headphones and those are awesome. So much lighter and not with the tight fit.

IMO I realized I was falling victim to the "Expensive pair for cheap" plan, whereas these aren't as good as they make it seem.

MosquitoControl

quality posts: 14 Private Messages MosquitoControl

This is also on Groupon today, but more expensive.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

This is another failed entry trying to crack the high end headset market. Bose is still the benchmark though Audio Technicas and Sony come very close. Some would say the Sony's and Audio Technicas sound better than the Bose but there is something to be said about being the first on the block with decent sound, decent sound cancelling and comfort that will last more than a couple of hours. No I do not work for Bose but after comparing most of these, I have to admit the Bose holds up. That said, assuming your head is small enough, these are probably a great deal! One thing to keep in mind... it takes energy to have a decent noise cancelling system so any battery that lasts longer than several hours usually means the headsets will not cancel out as much noise as those who are stingy with the battery. A couple of rechargables will take you as far as the plane can go on a tank of gas.

bseth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bseth

I got very excited about these and ordered right away. Today, while they are still being shipped, I looked on Amazon. The WOOT price is not especially a bargain . . .

kushkm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kushkm
bseth wrote:I got very excited about these and ordered right away. Today, while they are still being shipped, I looked on Amazon. The WOOT price is not especially a bargain . . .

Amazon used to officially carry these headphones afew months ago, but it seems like these headphones are on the clearance / warehouse emptying cycle right now. Those listings you saw on amazon are 3rd parties that are probably reselling these woot/groupon units or have another distributor.