WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Vivitek Projectors

Remember how TLC used to run educational programs? Remember when Bravo used to broadcast Broadway plays? There's a lot of mediocre crap in today's TV programming. Embrace the lowest common denominator in rich, vivid detail like never before. "Polygamous Robot Lawyers?" "Deadliest Pawn Shop?" "Clam Wars?" That's entertainment!
Vivitek official site

john398


quality posts: 0 Private Messages john398

Just ordered the 3200 Lumen XGA HDMI 3D Projector for $199 seems like a great deal

Theres some great reviews on amazon now have to look for a good deal on glasses

jcharpentier


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jcharpentier

Decent Amazon reviews on the Qumi Q5:
http://www.amazon.com/Vivitek-Qumi-Q5-Projector-White/product-reviews/B008BUOYL2/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Seriously considering it.

dm72


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dm72

The Q5 looks like a good deal...

They have good reviews on BestBuy:

www.bestbuy.com/site/vivitek-qumi-q5-led-dlp-pocket-projector-red/8753466.p?id=1218890756196&skuId=8753466

joshuabgriffin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuabgriffin

Just pulled the trigger on the 3200 lumen XGA blah blah blah. Just for my future reference, anybody know what I'd need to make this "3D ready" projector project in 3D?

jmaguire64


quality posts: 5 Private Messages jmaguire64

"Make anything watchable. Even The Big Bang Theory!"

You've had some great taglines before Woot staff, but you outdid yourselves on this one. Bravo.

john398


quality posts: 0 Private Messages john398
joshuabgriffin wrote:Just pulled the trigger on the 3200 lumen XGA blah blah blah. Just for my future reference, anybody know what I'd need to make this "3D ready" projector project in 3D?



If its the same model I have ordered you just need to hook to a video source that provides 3d and order the glasses

philgonet


quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet

Anyone have any experience with the refurbs as far as bulb life? What's the odds of getting one with a significant amount of the bulb's life span already spent?

philgonet


quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet

Also while I'm at it...since these aren't listed as 'pocket' or 'portable' units, I presume that all these have the standard capability to mount to a wall bracket (upside down in my case), correct?

vivitekdoug


quality posts: 3 Private Messages vivitekdoug
philgonet wrote:Also while I'm at it...since these aren't listed as 'pocket' or 'portable' units, I presume that all these have the standard capability to mount to a wall bracket (upside down in my case), correct?



Hi Philgonet,

To answer your questions,

All of Vivitek's reconditioned products have substantially less than 100 hours on the lamp. 99% of the time it is less than 50 hours. A lot of times, they will only have a few hours on them.

Also, all of Vivitek's projectors can be mounted by a bracket/ceiling mount. The option is in the menu to invert the image for different types of setups.

philgonet


quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet
vivitekdoug wrote:Hi Philgonet,

To answer your questions,

All of Vivitek's reconditioned products have substantially less than 100 hours on the lamp. 99% of the time it is less than 50 hours. A lot of times, they will only have a few hours on them.

Also, all of Vivitek's projectors can be mounted by a bracket/ceiling mount. The option is in the menu to invert the image for different types of setups.



EXCELLENT.. That makes me even more glad I pulled the trigger on this earlier today!

freakydan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages freakydan
joshuabgriffin wrote:Just pulled the trigger on the 3200 lumen XGA blah blah blah. Just for my future reference, anybody know what I'd need to make this "3D ready" projector project in 3D?



Sadly 3D ready doesn't mean much, it just means that it can handle an input that is in 3D and convert it to 2D to be displayed

joshuabgriffin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuabgriffin
freakydan wrote:Sadly 3D ready doesn't mean much, it just means that it can handle an input that is in 3D and convert it to 2D to be displayed



That is sad, but luckily, not the reason I bought the projector. Would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

zick


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zick

Does the D861 come with a remote? The Woot specs don't list a remote but this model is supposed to have a remote according to the manufacturer’s website.

joshuabgriffin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuabgriffin
joshuabgriffin wrote:That is sad, but luckily, not the reason I bought the projector. Would be nice, but not a deal breaker.



However, this review says otherwise:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1YJ4WT2NFPA1Z/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B004UR8IIU&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

philgonet


quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet
zick wrote:Does the D861 come with a remote? The Woot specs don't list a remote but this model is supposed to have a remote according to the manufacturer’s website.



AND, to further complicate matters (Quoted from the FEATURES tab of this item):


...The Vivitek D860 is a high-performance digital projector that offers exceptional digital images with full color saturation. This projector features native SVGA resolution, multiple connectivity options and 3000 lumens of brightness. Add 3D-ready capabilities, and the D860 is the ideal projector for just about any multimedia/video application. Functionality, performance and value: all found in the Vivitek D860.

So which is it?? 860 or 861?

zick


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zick
philgonet wrote:AND, to further complicate matters (Quoted from the FEATURES tab of this item):


...The Vivitek D860 is a high-performance digital projector that offers exceptional digital images with full color saturation. This projector features native SVGA resolution, multiple connectivity options and 3000 lumens of brightness. Add 3D-ready capabilities, and the D860 is the ideal projector for just about any multimedia/video application. Functionality, performance and value: all found in the Vivitek D860.

So which is it?? 860 or 861?



Thank you, I was going to ask that too but forgot.

philgonet


quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet
freakydan wrote:Sadly 3D ready doesn't mean much, it just means that it can handle an input that is in 3D and convert it to 2D to be displayed
joshuabgriffin wrote:That is sad, but luckily, not the reason I bought the projector. Would be nice, but not a deal breaker.
joshuabgriffin wrote:However, this review says otherwise:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1YJ4WT2NFPA1Z/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B004UR8IIU&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=



That's also what the description says, so I believe this means 3D input yields 3D output (need 3D source and glasses etc.)

kermitt42


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kermitt42

This looks like a great projector but it looks like I can't connect a Roku to the ones that are left... is that true? Sorry, I'm not smart.

john398


quality posts: 0 Private Messages john398
kermitt42 wrote:This looks like a great projector but it looks like I can't connect a Roku to the ones that are left... is that true? Sorry, I'm not smart.



You should be able to as long as they have HDMI, I have not looked to see what is left though

philgonet


quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet
john398 wrote:You should be able to as long as they have HDMI, I have not looked to see what is left though



Nothing with HDMI...except the pocket projectors

gesnerj59


quality posts: 9 Private Messages gesnerj59

Dang it all. Waited too long and missed both of the projectors I was looking at. Grrrr, I'm a dumbass.

sparklecoogs


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sparklecoogs

For anybody who is concerned about connecting certain video sources, keep in mind that you can buy a this-to-that converter for just about any input/output method the tech industry throws at you. Now, obviously if you are stepping down from a higher-resolution to a lower-resolution cable, you won't get the higher resolution to display. But it is possible to connect pretty much anything to anything else by simply searching Amazon and buying your required converter. Just wanted to mention that in case anybody was on the fence for this particular reason.

john398


quality posts: 0 Private Messages john398

Got this at work, I will test when I get home,m openining it up they accidently sent me an european style cord so I called Vivitek and they are sending me the right one, they were so nice, luckily I can use an extra cord i have laying at home

john398


quality posts: 0 Private Messages john398

update mine is excellent and even does 3d from uVerse (note you have to make sure that your sending a 720p singnal from your cable box)

Got the D536 and love it

cobuffs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cobuffs

Got the D538W today and the HDMI was not working correctly on it. Strangely enough my computer (tried on multiple machines) would only recognize the connection when the projector was off (but plugged in). VGA worked fine, but I wanted to hook this thing up to my AppleTV.

Time to start the RMA process I guess...

Evolved_4g63


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Evolved_4g63

I received my Q5 last night and was very impressed. The packaging, design, and video performance of the projector exceeded my expectations.

While experimenting with each of the source inputs, I projected a (roughly) 7-foot diagonal picture on a wall that has 2 75-watt sconces which were lit at full brightness. The images were easy to see and the built-in Office files viewer was (mostly) perfect. I also sent video from my iPad and used a USB drive to load up various MP4 files with no problems.

The only disappointment was the speakers- I can barely get any volume out of them and they were easily outdone by the iPad's own built-in speakers.

Overall I am quite happy, I do hope for a long life from the projector.

john398


quality posts: 0 Private Messages john398

Agreed about speaker, I hook my source up to sorround sound so that is solved
Does excellent 3d Already watched Tron it was amazing

I feel like I stole this for $199 LOL

lesterhein


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lesterhein
john398 wrote:Just ordered the 3200 Lumen XGA HDMI 3D Projector for $199 seems like a great deal

Theres some great reviews on amazon now have to look for a good deal on glasses




D536-3D Projector

Iv'e ceiling mounted mine in my office and am using it to play COD Black Ops II on my Xbox. Picture is great and there is no noticeable lag and it's been a great upgrade from my TV.

The lack of audio out is a slight annoyance, but I'm getting around this via a receiver. For $199, I can't think of a single other option that even compared to this.