nickspeck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nickspeck
Hoogs88 wrote:Does anyone know if these soundbars fix that issue TV speakers have where dialogue in movies is too quiet and action scenes are too loud?

I think that a lot of times this is a problem with the sound mix and formatting of the program or movie that you are watching. Even on my 7.1 channel system I have to make adjustments on the fly to compensate for a poor sound mix. I notice that for gaming (the primary use for the setup) there is never any issues with poor sound mixing. I know you're probably wondering when I'm going to get to my point. The point is, I don't think either of these systems is going to solve that problem. I've gone through all of the settings on my not cheap Denon AVR and I've found no setting that will compensate for this. If my receiver isn't capable of processing a more even sound level, I'm skeptical that any of the offerings here are going to do so. Not saying that it is impossible, just not likely. FWIW.

Hoogs88

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Hoogs88
craigthom wrote:You want a center channel speaker. Whatever you get, make sure you have a discrete center channel speaker. No 2.1 sound bars or other cheap systems will address your problem.

Even a 3.0 system with decent sized bookshelf speakers on the left and right and a decent speaker in the middle will take care of your problem. I'd personally rather have that than tiny satellite speakers and a boomy "subwoofer" with a 6" or less driver.

Center channel. That's the ticket.

Hmm, interesting. Thanks, I'll look into that.

nickspeck wrote:I think that a lot of times this is a problem with the sound mix and formatting of the program or movie that you are watching. Even on my 7.1 channel system I have to make adjustments on the fly to compensate for a poor sound mix. I notice that for gaming (the primary use for the setup) there is never any issues with poor sound mixing. I know you're probably wondering when I'm going to get to my point. The point is, I don't think either of these systems is going to solve that problem. I've gone through all of the settings on my not cheap Denon AVR and I've found no setting that will compensate for this. If my receiver isn't capable of processing a more even sound level, I'm skeptical that any of the offerings here are going to do so. Not saying that it is impossible, just not likely. FWIW.

Yeah, I've noticed that this is almost always a problem with only movies, rather than TV shows or games. Makes me think it's probably an issue with the sound mixing of movies, like they're designed to be listened to through some sort of sound system I'm unaware of. Thanks for the reply.

MoltenSteel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MoltenSteel
michaeltherrien wrote:Yes, it does. Take a look at the 2nd to last pic. (4 and 5 on the diagram is RCA audio/video)

I wasn't sure if the player in the full theater setup is the same as the one offered if you ONLY get the BluRay.

Too late now any way. Deal is over...

tony4thgen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tony4thgen

Just got the sound bar in last night. Hooked up to my 50" Samsung in mintues. Its very sleek looking, the sound is good. Alot better then the tv speakers. For the price i payed the sound is a low-medium quality. But well worth it. :D

ndcantrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ndcantrell

Lowes Home Improvement has the Optical Audio cables for $9 where I live.

smsmkm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smsmkm

I bought 2 BDP2185/F7 3D Blu-ray Player with Apps & Wi-Fi One is a gift but mine didn't come with any instructions or manuals. Did everyone else's?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

smsmkm wrote:I bought 2 BDP2185/F7 3D Blu-ray Player with Apps & Wi-Fi One is a gift but mine didn't come with any instructions or manuals. Did everyone else's?

Sorry about that. Here's a link to the page with the manuals. Looks like there's a software update there too.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items