firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

I'd really like to see some super cheap (<$300) small laptops on here. Some cheap Chromebooks or something. Even some higher end netbooks would interest me. I just want something tiny to surf the web with a ton of battery life. A real keyboard is a must for people like me.

Though Woot seems to be more of a liquidation site, so I doubt anything that has came out in the past 12-18 months will ever grace these pages....unless it's factory seconds/refurbished.

shlomoovadya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shlomoovadya

"So, how you gonna celebrate your 40th birthday? Feeling HALF way through the race yet?" he asked his friend, quite sardonically.
"I'm not having a midlife crisis! It's not like I went out and got a cherry red convertible to let my last few hairs blow like pure freedom in the wind. I just got this thing."
*pulls toshiba out of his wallet*

Zombie Cat Research Institute

cfox10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfox10
ThunderThighs wrote:So what do y'all think about the 2-in-1 devices? Are these something you'd like to see more of?

How does this one compare to other slides - features, price point, etc.

So... whose fault would it be that my refurb came with the wrong Power Adapter? I contacted Toshiba and they told me to contact woot. Now how I wanted my first woot to go. Really needed this for a presentation on Monday. :/

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

cfox10 wrote:So... whose fault would it be that my refurb came with the wrong Power Adapter? I contacted Toshiba and they told me to contact woot. Now how I wanted my first woot to go. Really needed this for a presentation on Monday. :/

I'm very sorry to hear that you received the wrong power adapter. If you email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be more than happy to help resolve this situation.

adamjo13246

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamjo13246
cfox10 wrote:So... whose fault would it be that my refurb came with the wrong Power Adapter? I contacted Toshiba and they told me to contact woot. Now how I wanted my first woot to go. Really needed this for a presentation on Monday. :/

Mine also was delivered with the wrong size adapter - not how I wanted to my first woot to go either...

Orthonormal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Orthonormal

I've had mine for a week or so. Nice little laptop. Firefox isn't really optimized for a fully touch interface yet, so I occasionally have to slide out the keyboard or the touchpad to do something.

My biggest complaint is that the space bar has to be hit precisely vertically and doesn't always register when you hit the left or right end. I don't know if I got a bum unit, or if it's a flaw in the design. Anyone else have this problem?

crawfoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crawfoc

U925 refurbished from Woot:

First two months - good little machine. Touchscreen or process hang occasionally, but cycling sleep usually solves it.

Then Toshiba pushes down a driver update...for two days the touchpad won't work with the lid open, only in tablet mode. Day three and the touchpad won't work at all.

Called Tech support. They won't help me fix it except to wipe it and install win 8.0 (it came with 8.1). They offered up vague promises of the engineers maybe someday updating the driver.

Grr. I'm going to back up everything and try my recovery drive.